[RECOVERY] [GN] [maguro] ClockworkMod Recovery 6.0.4.7 + Nightlies [Flashable Zip]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

XQuisite

Nov 12, 2006

patrickbartalesi22

Jul 4, 2012
Sydney
When i backup using cwm 6.0.1.9 they go to /data/media/clockworkmod/backup but i can't access them on my mac or pc. If i copy them to /data/media/0/clockworkmod/backup both my mac and pc cant see them. Where am i supposed to place them so that i can access them from my pc or mac?

Thanks

Last edited:

jeremysherriff

Nov 8, 2011
Auckland
When i backup using cwm 6.0.1.9 they go to /data/media/clockworkmod/backup but i can't access them on my mac or pc. If i copy them to /data/media/0/clockworkmod/backup both my mac and pc cant see them. Where am i supposed to place them so that i can access them from my pc or mac?

Thanks
you should leave them in one place, and use a symlink to access them from the other.
have a search in this thread for posts by me, I posted the adb commands to create the symlink (about a week ago. I think)

patrickbartalesi22

Jul 4, 2012
Sydney
I tried the symlink but the files still dont show. also i am using android file transfer on my mac. the only way i have been able to get the files over is if i restore to 4.1.2 but i think there must be an easier way. even copying the files from /data/media/clockworkmod/backup/ to /data/media/0/clockworkmod/backup/ the files dont appear. what should i do?

thanks

Dont worry it works now i can now copy over my backups

thanks

Last edited:

TheShoura

Jun 19, 2009
Gilbert, AZ
So I can't seem to make sense of what is going on with this new SDcard thing but I think it has to do with my problem...maybe

I'm trying to push my ROM to flash to /sdcard/ and going to "chose zip to install" yeilds no files there (I formatted SDcard with CWM 6.0.1.9) along with the rest of the partitions

edit; pushing file using GNex toolkit v10 worked, but I want to know why just pushing to /sdcard/ didn't work like it normally did, anyone able to explain?

Last edited:

NCguy

Jul 4, 2010
NC
So I can't seem to make sense of what is going on with this new SDcard thing but I think it has to do with my problem...maybe

I'm trying to push my ROM to flash to /sdcard/ and going to "chose zip to install" yeilds no files there (I formatted SDcard with CWM 6.0.1.9) along with the rest of the partitions

edit; pushing file using GNex toolkit v10 worked, but I want to know why just pushing to /sdcard/ didn't work like it normally did, anyone able to explain?

I'll take shot at it. I'm assuming you're on 4.2? If that's the case then the new CWM is now looking for its folder in /data/media and not /sdcard any longer. This has to do with the new 4.2 multiuser code.

If you pushed the files with the kit you can see the CWM folders in /data/media using a root level file manager on your device like es file explorer. But you can't get there with a pc any longer using mtp unless you map a new symbolic drive or use different tools, kit being one if those.

Bottom line, transferring CWM files between your device and your pc is still doable using different methods but google has just made the old way of simply copying with your pc more complicated. The kit apparently is taking care of it correctly.

veatbreaker

Jun 5, 2012
Hi guys, sorry for the noob question.
but do i just flash the "Flashable Zip" using my current clockworkmod recovery?

mr-mauro

May 19, 2011
Milan, London & Zürich
Hi, I'm using CWM 6.0.1.9 on Android 4.2! I've just tried to make a backup with more or less 7GB free... The backup was going very slow, so i doubt something was going wrong. It ended with an error, because couldn't backup /data; i imagines so that he filled all the empty space and, reboot in android confirmed me that with several errors of low storage.
I started to look for where the backup were gone but... I deleted the /data/media/clockworkmod/ and the /data/media/0/clockworkmod/ but... Why it was "looping" on the backup?

Last edited:

osm0sis

Senior Recognized Developer / Contributor
Mar 14, 2012
Halifax
GT-i9250
Google Nexus 4
koush changed the default format back to tar in the "mr1-staging" test branch of his github. :)

This and a couple other nice changes haven't made their way over to the main source yet so we can't make Jenkins builds with it, but hopefully soon, and hopefully a new revision number too. :good:

NCguy

Jul 4, 2010
NC
flash the latest twrp..it doesnt have this issue

This isn't supposed to be an issue in this version of CWM either. Wonder if it has something to do with a full wipe after 4.2? Apparently there is a marker file put down in /data by 4.2 to tell subsequent factory resets not to migrate the files again. I wonder if something happened to that file?

Reactions: osm0sis
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ClockworkMod Recovery -- Latest maguro Official & Nightlies

This thread is for the GSM/HSPA+ (maguro) model, GT-i9250, and its international variants.

"Nightlies" and changelogs are posted in this thread each time a version bump is made in the source with no official update on ROM Manager. Zips for the latest official are also posted until another "nightly" gets made. Links to the latest "nightly" zips will be in this post, as well as links to the latest official fastboot images via ROM Manager.

http://github.com/CyanogenMod/android_bootable_recovery/commits/cm-11.0

Downloads

Current Official: 6.0.4.7 (Jan 29, 2014)
    Fastboot links: http://clockworkmod.com/rommanager
    Changelog link: http://v.ht/6047mo

Use the appropriate fastboot command to flash on an unlocked bootloader:
    Code:
    fastboot flash recovery recovery-clockworkmod-touch-6.0.4.7-maguro.img

Or use my Flashlt script or Recovery zip!

Final "Nightly": 6.0.5.1+ (Nov 4, 2014)
    Flashable Zip / Changelog link: http://v.ht/6051mf

Zips provided to flash in the custom recovery of your choice.

Credits: I take no credit for any of the fantastic work done on the recovery; I'm just making it easier for the community to follow along by sharing builds from builder.clockworkmod.com (or mirrors.reflected.net for 6.0.4.9+) and packaging them as zips with a changelog summarized from the Github contributions. CWM is open source and features ongoing work by koush, cyanogen, PhilZ and many others.
    I've never had any problem with 6.0.0.5 and I don't expect to have any with 6.0.1.0. I've made backups and restored from ics to jellybean roms with no problems.

I made flashable zips for 6.0.1.0 for whomever may have a problem with fastboot.

CWM Recovery 6.0.1.0 maguro

CWM Recovery Touch 6.0.1.0 maguro
    CWM Official 6.0.3.5 Changelog - maguro:
    https://github.com/CyanogenMod/android_bootable_recovery/commits/cm-10.1

Jul 23, 2013 - 6.0.3.4 is the previous official, update zlib, SELinux warning display changes, add "headless" mode.

Jul 29, 2013 - 6.0.3.5 is the most recent on ROM Manager, remove fix permissions, add reboot options to advanced menu, fixes to Superuser for JB4.3.

(For an unofficial list of other changes between recent versions, see my previous changelog.)

Known Bugs:
    - Key test does not have a confirmation, so if triggered by mistake a hard reset is required if no USB connection is available to make it exit.
    - Now that "No file_contexts" warning is not suppressed, it seems to display all the time on some configurations.

Fastboot Images Download: http://clockworkmod.com/rommanager

[Attachments removed as newer official was released.]
    CWM Unofficial "Nightlies" Changelog - maguro:
    https://github.com/CyanogenMod/android_bootable_recovery/commits/cm-10.2

Oct 1, 2013 - 6.0.4.0 is the most recent on ROM Manager, format external storage to custom fstype, fix refresh USB devices with key repeat, fix tgz multi-volume extraction, reintroduce Easter Egg, fix f2fs formatting from EDIFY.

Oct 5, 2013 - 6.0.4.1 allow sideload to be used with other commands.

Oct 6, 2013 - 6.0.4.2 revision bump for new device support. No other changes.

(For an unofficial list of other changes between recent versions, see my previous changelog.)

Known Bugs / Notes:
    - Key test does not have a confirmation, so if triggered by mistake a hard reset is required if no USB connection is available to make it exit.
    - SELinux in JB4.3 changes the permissions of su on every boot, so after any boot back to Android you will get a su warning in CWM; it can be ignored.
    - If you're using the SuperSU daemonsu then you may want to create /system/etc/.installed_su_daemon to suppress the CWM dialog to disable reflashing stock recovery (the install-recovery.sh it checks for is required to run the root daemon on ROMs without a native service).

[ Attachments removed as there is a newer nightly. ]
    CWM Unofficial "Nightlies" Changelog - maguro:
    https://github.com/CyanogenMod/android_bootable_recovery/commits/cm-10.2

Oct 6, 2013 - 6.0.4.3 is the most recent on ROM Manager, another version bump for new builds. No other changes.

Oct 7, 2013 - 6.0.4.4 fix touch events on some devices, updates to loki support.

Nov 11, 2013 - 6.0.4.5 remove all extra "no" options (create .many_confirm to restore), optional swipe-based touch controls on some devices, reboot more cleanly, vold fixes, new "last path" option under install zip and menu fixes, make/clean build fixes.

Jan 1, 2014 - 6.0.4.6 memory usage improvements, fix vold formatting, menu fixes, move all recovery settings to one file in /data/media/0/clockworkmod/, code cleanups, update loki support to v2.1, revert to old Andy with earwiggle (I worked around this change in the ramdisk because it was hideous).

Known Bugs / Notes:
    - SELinux in JB4.3+ changes the permissions of su on every boot, so after any boot back to Android you will get a su warning in CWM; it can be ignored.
    - Default format menu doesn't update.

[ Attachments removed since a newer nightly is available. ]