HTC Butterfly on HTC's Global Site.....Comes with MicroSD Slot

Search This thread

kc821guam

Apr 3, 2010
sshot-226.jpg

www(dot)htc(dot)com/www/smartphones/htc-butterfly/

So let's look at what we have now.
Droid DNA without microSD but has wireless charging.
J Butterfly with microSD but no wireless charging for Japan
Butterfly without microSD and no wireless charging for China (X920e)

and now we have another butterfly which has a microSD slot but no wireless charging and this one is most likely the international version. (X920d)

Attachments

• sshot-226.jpg
    sshot-226.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 1,430
Last edited:

android88

Jan 21, 2012
I never thought of all the differences between the different variants of the Butterfly. I just thought the only difference between them was the microSD slot.

Sality

Oct 15, 2012
Kiev
Japaneese version is the best:(

Wireless charging isnt good thing at all.

Japanese version = water resistance, microSD, soft-touch plastic rear panel.
Euro version = no water res., microsd, no soft-touch plastic rear panel.
DNA = crap...LTE is plus...but too tiny.... better use 3G and have water res and microsd (16+64gb microSD)

Last edited:

dr_drache

Dec 31, 2007
sshot-226.jpg

and now we have another butterfly which has a microSD slot but no wireless charging and this one is most likely the international version. (X920d)

ok
the diffences are more subtile than that.
the DNA and the X920e (not actually referred to as the butterfly) are 1:1 analogs
the wireless charging is in the backplate, and can be enabled. other than the backplate and Chinese software, it is 100% the DNA.

the j butterfly is also the same phone, but with 2 differences (back plate, and SIM board) the sim board is the external interface board, has the camera, sim card, ant, and others. their backplate is larger at the top to accommodate the sdcard mounting location, (and moreso the access door)

I have not seen the butterfly (non J) but it seems to be the J butterfly with english software (multi ling)

most of this info is from teardowns....
and yes it the parts are sourced, it seems we can get a SDCARD on our phones.

DNA = crap...LTE is plus...but too tiny.... better use 3G and have water res and microsd (16+64gb microSD)

they all are water res, they are all glued and sealed togeather, the wireless charging is within the standard, and "easily" increased by 25% (or more, haven't done the #'s for more than ~25%)
the soft touch doesn't matter if you use a case. - but i agree, I would have liked more options.
LTE is awesome, don't hate a phone because it has it and you cannot get the service.

Last edited:

ethan3686

Aug 19, 2009
India
so the global version will have the wireless charging or waterproof..right? Also the site mentions sd card upto 32 gb..just wanted to know if we use 64 also will it work?

Btw this is great news :) best of both worlds in global version.

dr_drache

Dec 31, 2007
so the global version will have the wireless charging or waterproof..right? Also the site mentions sd card upto 32 gb..just wanted to know if we use 64 also will it work?

Btw this is great news :) best of both worlds in global version.

they are all "waterproof" better term is "splash-proof"
by what i see, it is NOT Qi compatible with stock cover.
64 may work fine...
did you know, the DNA is global? but the butterfly doesn't have LTE.
so really, IMO a modded DNA is the best of both worlds.

ethan3686

Aug 19, 2009
India
they are all "waterproof" better term is "splash-proof"
by what i see, it is NOT Qi compatible with stock cover.
64 may work fine...
did you know, the DNA is global? but the butterfly doesn't have LTE.
so really, IMO a modded DNA is the best of both worlds.

COol that is great alongwith it able to support 64gb cards. I just hope they dont delay the launch too much..shud release it by dec end. eagerly awaiting.

nrfitchett4

Oct 12, 2009
San Antonio

3G can't compare to LTE, here its 1mbps down vs 20+

barondebxl

Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
I'm so confused, people are saying different things. I know the J butterfly is for Japan only but I've read in many threads that the butterfly is only for China and there were no plans yet to bring it to Europe. Is that accurate?

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

fabe0705

Dec 9, 2012
I'm so confused, people are saying different things. I know the J butterfly is for Japan only but I've read in many threads that the butterfly is only for China and there were no plans yet to bring it to Europe. Is that accurate?

informations at german sites just saying the same..
no Butterfly for europe

Reactions: barondebxl

BarryH_GEG

Jan 16, 2009
Spokane, Washington

Yes and no. The Butterfly HTC posted to their worldwide site is quad-band GSM with 850/2100 HSPA which means the specs are for a phone that would work in China. But the Qualcomm radio (sames as in the OG and N4) is penta-band capable so activating the additional bands is just a matter of s/w. It would seem odd for HTC to add the Butterfly to their global site (in English) if they only intended to sell it in China. So it could be sold elsewhere and all they'd have to do is update the radio and specs on their site or it may only be sold in China. I wouldn't go solely off the info provided by various HTC offices in the EU as they've been wrong before.

I don't know what network or device you've used on HSPA but I typically get 5-7MB down.

lonelywolf90

Dec 10, 2012
Yes and no. The Butterfly HTC posted to their worldwide site is quad-band GSM with 850/2100 HSPA which means the specs are for a phone that would work in China. But the Qualcomm radio (sames as in the OG and N4) is penta-band capable so activating the additional bands is just a matter of s/w. It would seem odd for HTC to add the Butterfly to their global site (in English) if they only intended to sell it in China. So it could be sold elsewhere and all they'd have to do is update the radio and specs on their site or it may only be sold in China. I wouldn't go solely off the info provided by various HTC offices in the EU as they've been wrong before.

I don't know what network or device you've used on HSPA but I typically get 5-7MB down.

It's a sure thing that the additional bands could be activated?

Or did they actually change the modem? I'm sorry if I said it wrongly, new here =x

misterthomas32

Oct 25, 2011
Seems odd...

Since It says Dual-Band 3G I think it's not meant for Europe. I think htc will release a real global/European version at MWC 2013 in Februari like they always do. They still have 2+ months so maybe we'll see sd-card slot, wireless charging, better battery and water-proof :eek: And if we are really lucky we might see a tegra 4 (probably not but I still hope so :D).

Shadowstare

May 9, 2009
Didn't we already know this??

When TheVerge covered the J Butterfly for the first time, didn't they mention that battery and microSD card slot? What's the surprise?

sandeep.mjs

Mar 25, 2012
kapurthala
sshot-226.jpg

Also there is difference of NFC.
Butterfly doesnt have it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    sshot-226.jpg

sshot-226.jpg

ok
    the diffences are more subtile than that.
    the DNA and the X920e (not actually referred to as the butterfly) are 1:1 analogs
    the wireless charging is in the backplate, and can be enabled. other than the backplate and Chinese software, it is 100% the DNA.

the j butterfly is also the same phone, but with 2 differences (back plate, and SIM board) the sim board is the external interface board, has the camera, sim card, ant, and others. their backplate is larger at the top to accommodate the sdcard mounting location, (and moreso the access door)

I have not seen the butterfly (non J) but it seems to be the J butterfly with english software (multi ling)

most of this info is from teardowns....
    and yes it the parts are sourced, it seems we can get a SDCARD on our phones.

they all are water res, they are all glued and sealed togeather, the wireless charging is within the standard, and "easily" increased by 25% (or more, haven't done the #'s for more than ~25%)
    the soft touch doesn't matter if you use a case. - but i agree, I would have liked more options.
    LTE is awesome, don't hate a phone because it has it and you cannot get the service.

informations at german sites just saying the same..
    no Butterfly for europe