Hmmm might cancel my Xperia z pre order

Search This thread

JamDonot

Feb 25, 2007
Am currently watching the HTC One announcement of their new phone. Have to say, looks pretty awesome, seriously considering cancelling my xz order and waiting for the HTC. I have had the HTC One and the HTC One X before, both have awesome screens, and when all the forum posts about the quality, or lack of quality, depending on which post your read, of the xz's screen. Hmmmm, decisions decisions.
Sent from my LT30p using xda premium

RCJ89

Oct 5, 2012
london, UK
TBH I was thinking the same not long ago but after hearing the new HTC has no memory card slot and only 32gb version. Im not interested atleast 64gb like one x+ would have changed my mind.

Reactions: lokenok and xchasa

barondebxl

Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
TBH I was thinking the same not long ago but after hearing the new HTC has no memory card slot and only 32gb version. Im not interested atleast 64gb like one x+ would have changed my mind.

It comes in 32 and 64 gig options. Need more than 64 gig, get a laptop.

Sent from my 3rd Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

---------- Post added at 10:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:55 AM ----------

Am currently watching the HTC One announcement of their new phone. Have to say, looks pretty awesome, seriously considering cancelling my xz order and waiting for the HTC. I have had the HTC One and the HTC One X before, both have awesome screens, and when all the forum posts about the quality, or lack of quality, depending on which post your read, of the xz's screen. Hmmmm, decisions decisions.
Sent from my LT30p using xda premium

It looks much better than the xperia Z, its amazing.

stefanve

Oct 12, 2005
Sony z Pros
Better looking (i think)
Water/dust proof (not really something I need)
SD-card
Better dev support
less customized version of android, so possible faster roll out of new versions

HTC One pros
Newer SOC / faster/ less power
Better Screen
More internal memory
probably better speakers (not that i care)
infrared (not that i care)

As for the camera we don't know which will be better, and I don't really care as in the end all camera phones are rubbish

I'm not sure what to do, but looking at the hardware spec list the HTC is the one to get
looking at the software and design I favor the Z

Darn why could HTC just make a ****y phone :)

edit:
The presentation veld a bit like a teenage phone, that is holding me back as well :)

Last edited:

barondebxl

Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
Sony z Pros
Better looking (i think)
Water/dust proof (not really something I need)
SD-card
Better dev support
less customized version of android, so possible faster roll out of new versions

HTC One pros
Newer SOC / faster/ less power
Better Screen
More internal memory
probably better speakers (not that i care)
infrared (not that i care)

As for the camera we don't know which will be better, and I don't really care as in the end all camera phones are rubbish

I'm not sure what to do, but looking at the hardware spec list the HTC is the one to get
looking at the software and design I favor the Z

Darn why could HTC just make a ****y phone :)

I'm sorry but the HTC One looks better than the XZ. And better Dev support on the Sony? Please.

stefanve

Oct 12, 2005
I'm sorry but the HTC One looks better than the XZ. And better Dev support on the Sony? Please.

Like I said, to me it looks better, no sense in arguing about taste
HTC is famous for being late with the release of kernel source and when they do it is often in a non compilable state, Sony is quicker and better in this respect .
Saying things like "please" isn't an argument.

barondebxl

Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
Like I said, to me it looks better, no sense in arguing about taste
HTC is famous for being late with the release of kernel source and when they do it is often in a non compilable state, Sony is quicker and better in this respect .
Saying things like "please" isn't an argument.

It looks better to you is cool but to say sony will roll out updates sooner and better Dev support is funny.

HTC has a large Dev community, LARGE. Mike 1986 is a known HTC guy, and we all know him. And its just one guy that I'm mentioning. This argument about release of kernel source is what you sony guys keep talking about, yet all previous Sony devices aren't relevant today.

stefanve

Oct 12, 2005
It looks better to you is cool but to say sony will roll out updates sooner and better Dev support is funny.

HTC has a large Dev community, LARGE. Mike 1986 is a known HTC guy, and we all know him. And its just one guy that I'm mentioning. This argument about release of kernel source is what you sony guys keep talking about, yet all previous Sony devices aren't relevant today.

I guess it is where you after for most post xperia X10 devices you can get nightlies from CM. and the free xperia guys are doing excellent work to make that happen. You are able to get Android 4.2 on your arc (early 2011) possibly older devices as well, but I don't know as I don't have one. If you count the number of cooked roms it might be less than the one x but that doesn't say anything

Reactions: veghov and jajo-11

Riyal

Dec 16, 2011
Iloilo City
Ok finally made my decision! HTC One great!!!!!!!! Non removeable battery? Ok rejected! Sticking with Xperia ZL now once and for all!

barondebxl

Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
I guess it is where you after for most post xperia X10 devices you can get nightlies from CM. and the free xperia guys are doing excellent work. You are able to get Android 4.2 on your arc (early 2011) possibly older devices as well, but I don't know as I don't have one. If you count the number of cooked roms it might be less than the one x but that doesn't say anything

That doesn't say anything?? Really? I call it larger Dev support.

Maedhros

Sep 24, 2008
Toronto
I guess it is where you after for most post xperia X10 devices you can get nightlies from CM. and the free xperia guys are doing excellent work to make that happen. You are able to get Android 4.2 on your arc (early 2011) possibly older devices as well, but I don't know as I don't have one. If you count the number of cooked roms it might be less than the one x but that doesn't say anything

Yes, but many HTC Devices have jellybean too. My DHD has jellybean and it is a 3 year old device.

PLUS the Chinese HTC Scene is huge.

once again to late to the party :(

Unfortunately, and by all accounts the M7 leaves the Z far behind. A superior screen, Camera, Sound Quality and Loudness, not to mention build quality.

I don't see why anyone would purchase a Sony handset unless they are a fanboy, in which case it would be pointless arguing with an irrational person.

Reactions: barondebxl

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Do we really need another thread like this ?

First people said XZ is amazing, we had dev prototype devices that were totally amazing and beat everything, then some started to say it's not because M7 is coming.

Then it turned out that those mystical devices were "not what retail consumers will get" according to some alleged sony representative who apparently has nothing else to do but spill his company's secrets that can seriously damage the brand, over the phone ( seriously people ? ) and the final version was suddenly utter garbage with terrible screen and loads of problems.

Now One is announced and we have another flame war entitled "htc is so amazing that everything about XZ sucks now", and in 2-3 weeks we'll have another thread like this about HTC - because when S4 comes out both One and XZ will suck and every single quad-core cpu will suddenly become out-dated tech :S

Seriously people, many bashed XZ because its back is glass and will scratch - well, newsflash, have you seen any aluminium iDevice after a few months ? Same goes for battery... XZ is bad because you can't remove the battery, but nobody seems to have this trouble with HTC. People said that PPI is not important because everything over 720p is useless, but now when HTC came out with 468ppi it's suddenly the most important thing making XZ "outdated". I could go on but I think I made my point.

And most importantly - why the hell do we need all those flamewars here in Xperia Z forums ? Lets take HTC/Samsung talks to HTC/Samsung forums... and don't say that it's for "exchanging opinions" or "drawing attention to Xperia", because clearly what we're having is spec/fan wars.

Don't get me wrong - I'm not saying XZ is flawless. It has many disadvantages I don't like - but every phone have them, and the fact that new HTC was announced with better cpu doesn't make previous model trash.

If you desperately need to always have the best possible specs - snap out of it...

And yet again we have it... calling people iFa$s, HTC champions, Samsung's fanboys etc... A flame bait thread in my opinion...

I'll admit, I've been out of the loop on phones for an extremely long time, but I must say that I'm astounded by the paranoia that surrounds releases nowadays. Is this really the stage we've got to? We now have 'phone fights' similar to the "my mum's better than your mum" debate's of yesteryear!?

Man, am I really that old!?

Yes, unfortunatelly that's exactly what's happening right now... some think XZ's screen is "washed out" so automatically you can't like it and you're a loser if you won't cancel your pre-order. And don't you dare say you like it regardless, because it clearly shows you're just a blind Sony fanboy :rolleyes:
    you re canceling xperia Z now in two months you ll cancel HTC and order next top phone to get out and in two months you ll cancel that one and the story continues
    I'm a tech geek who happens to be a designer.

From a design perspective, in my opinion, the htc one looks gorgeous from the front.. but the double chamfered edge (seriously, too much bling in a 4mm side) and the many lines going through to the back makes it look over-designed and busy IMO. I like the black one better because it sort of hides all these extravagances.

I prefer the stark, clean and minalistic overall look of the XZ, hands down. Also, I like the close-to-stock Sony UI much better, and the sony music and gallery apps are beautifully designed compared to what HTC offers.

But that's just my subjective opinion - looking at them objectively and studying the facts reveals that the HTC One's screen, camera, sound and performance blow the Xperia Z out of the water - it makes it seem very last gen-ish.

So for me, it's a battle between design and engineering. I can only decide when i handle them both for myself.

But for people who think that the HTC One has a better design, well, there really is NO contest then.
    Why are people still defending the xz?
    I said it had outdated specs when it was announced. & said it was a 2012 phone despite sony trying to label it as a 2013 phone . And that the htc one would be the first true 2013 phone i was labelled a troll.
    Now most people agree with me but some people still insist on saying xz is ok. Seriously!!!!
    Xz is outdated specs htc one is cutting edge tech.
    Deal with it
    you are effing annoying, can you leave XZ subforum and never come back? We got your (dumb) point, bye.

said it was a 2012
    some people still insist on saying xz is ok
    Is it not ok to say that xz is ok? You say yourself it's a '2012 phone', not a 1970 phone. 2012 was 2 months ago.

XZ is outdated tech, LOL
    It's the second most powerful phone in the world, SOO OUTDATED. 99% of XDA users have some damn ancient Mayan devices then, I keep seeing some weird HTC One X, Galaxy S III, etc in their signatures.
    The rumor points at just that:

Sony c670x leak http://www.xperiablog.net/2013/03/0...d&utm_campaign=Feed:+XperiaBlog+(Xperia+Blog)

though I wonder how much more compact a 4.8" mobile will be...

And the cycle continues...

Hear rumor of New device -> start speculations -> put off buying new phone to wait for "that awesome rumored phone" -> wait 3 months as rumors and leaks start piling up -> build up huge expectations -> device is officially announced -> eagerly troll the web for reviews/previews -> book/pre-order -> wait for about a month for device to be released/available -> another phone announced/leaked -> start to question your booking/pre-order -> back to step 1

:)

Sent from my LT30p using xda app-developers app