<< GUIDE & Q/A AOSP LTE Issues US / Canada >>

Search This thread

krikor22

Dec 28, 2012
Toronto
www.techfibe.com
HALP!

I've read the last 12 pages, so I've pretty much tried it all.

I'm on Telus currently using Task's latest AOKP Rom .

I have a similar problem with LTE. I've tried both the LH1 and LK4 modems

Once in a while I'll get an LTE connection but almost always it connects to 3G or H+ and then tries to connect to LTE and I see the "dead" signal bar:

Aside from that, I seem to be dropping my cell network when I'm on WiFi, I've missed numerous calls and texts not realizing my cell connection was dropped.

I've also realized that my Network Mode doesn't stick at all! Whether I try setting it to LTE/ GSM/WCDMA through the device settings, going back, and then checking 5 minutes later to see that WCDMA Preferred has been selected.
When I go into *#*#4636#*#* I can never get LTE/GSM/CDMA auto (PRL) to stick, It always resorts to either LTE/GSM auto (PRL) or WCDMA preferred.

This has too be my only regret in ever dabbling with this kind of stuff, but figuring this out would be amazing!!!
I miss having a constant LTE connection. I live in Toronto, so I always had it!!!

Thank you!

Reactions: ncotton

AtoZ0to9

Jul 27, 2007
OnePlus 5T
OnePlus 9

Once in a while I'll get an LTE connection but almost always it connects to 3G or H+ and then tries to connect to LTE and I see the "dead" signal bar:

Aside from that, I seem to be dropping my cell network when I'm on WiFi, I've missed numerous calls and texts not realizing my cell connection was dropped.

I've also realized that my Network Mode doesn't stick at all! Whether I try setting it to LTE/ GSM/WCDMA through the device settings, going back, and then checking 5 minutes later to see that WCDMA Preferred has been selected.
When I go into *#*#4636#*#* I can never get LTE/GSM/CDMA auto (PRL) to stick, It always resorts to either LTE/GSM auto (PRL) or WCDMA preferred.

This has too be my only regret in ever dabbling with this kind of stuff, but figuring this out would be amazing!!!
I miss having a constant LTE connection. I live in Toronto, so I always had it!!!

Thank you!

Some people seem to have major signal issues for some reason with 4.2.1... Have you tried fully wiping your phone again?

loonieryan

Nov 29, 2010

Thank you!

I have the EXACT same issue on Telus here in Montreal. The 0 signal issue is very annoying, especially because it leads to missed calls and texts. I'm running CM10.1 nightly and I originally thought it was a CM10.1 issue, however I just got my wife a Nexus 4 running 4.2.1 stock and her phone does the exact same thing with LTE enabled (via *#*#4636#*#*). Her phone even disconnects while on a call. I am starting to suspect that it's a Telus problem but unfortunately have no way of testing with another carrier right now.

enomi

Oct 6, 2012
anyone on tasks AOKP and Rogers and MMS is not working for you?

I went to Pacman ROM and MMS worked for me.

err0r76

Jan 29, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
Re: &lt;&lt; GUIDE & Q/A AOSP LTE Issues US / Canada &gt;&gt;

Same here. I'm on Tasks AOKP 4.2.1 and I'm having the MMS issue. LTE seems to be working fine, attempted modifying the APN to different Rogers settings based on multiple posts that I have seen, but it never fixed the issue... I have flashed the modem and all (which shouldn't be the issue since Task doesn't include/change modem with his ROM..) I've checked logcat and it seems that the errors displayed for MMS refer to a system file location error.. Sucks that Task is not supporting the d2can/i747m anymore (I was pretty sure that this was supported previously...) and the answer to this issue on his rom thread seems to be "device not supported". :(
My next step will probably be flashing some other messaging apk and see if that does anything about this... Worst case scenario I'll go back to 4.1.1 or 4.1.2

Sent from my SGH-I747M/Rogers

venomexe

Oct 23, 2012
Thornhill,On
running cyanogens 02/15 rom (his new 4.2.2) and i have mms fully working with rogers. flashed the dlk4 modem before initial boot. I always do fresh installs when flashing a new rom so i can say that it was not a previous issue on my phone with tasks rom. for some reason it shows i have 4bars out of 5 always with 4.2.2 but it still has perfect reception. and for people running the d2can twrp, I'm using the 2.4 d2att with a rogers phone and have 0 problems flashing anything.

err0r76

Jan 29, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra

running cyanogens 02/15 rom (his new 4.2.2) and i have mms fully working with rogers. flashed the dlk4 modem before initial boot. I always do fresh installs when flashing a new rom so i can say that it was not a previous issue on my phone with tasks rom. for some reason it shows i have 4bars out of 5 always with 4.2.2 but it still has perfect reception. and for people running the d2can twrp, I'm using the 2.4 d2att with a rogers phone and have 0 problems flashing anything.

Question: what kernel are you using?

Sent from my SGH-I747M using xda app-developers app

err0r76

Jan 29, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra

Anyone with the MMS fix for tasks? or can confirm something is actually broken? I don't have a Canadian variant, things have worked for my ATT phone...

It seems multiple users are affected with this, so it kind of minimizes the chances of being people screwing up the aokp flash...
Personally I did "everything" in the book to make sure I was flashink aokp properly,tried different modems, etc and it never worked. In the meanwhile I flashed a new TWRP for d2att instead of d2can and installed CM 10.1 - MMS worked as soon as I fixed the APN settings. I now moved onto paranoidandroid 3 and the issue does not reoccur.. So it seems to be an aokp issue only for my understanding...
I didn't look further into resolving the issue with AOKP,...it seems that i747m is no longer supported...I'm unsure if with that Task means that i747m phones must be flashed with an att custom recovery or not....I haven't tried aokp since I did that..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app

pnd4pnd

Mar 23, 2010
Hi all,

I have an s3 flashed with liquid smooth. I am unable to get LTE at all. The apn was not set to the ATT LTE and when I change it to that APN I get no data at all. I am also unable to choose LTE/WCDMA as an option under the network mode in mobile network settings. Strangely if i pull the sim, LTE/WCDMA comes up as the preferred network mode.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. This is preventing me from the final switch from an iphone 5. Help!

Thanks,
Eric

Ahh... My apologies... In an AOSP ROM, if you see 3g at any point, it's HSDPA/HSUPA and H or H+ is HSDPA+/HSUPA or it could be called 3.5g... You truly are dropping into 3g, not H+.... I don't see it often, but I'm sure I could drive out to middle of nowhere and see 3g...

Hey Quasimodem :) I figured out why I never saw H or H+ it was modem related I was using the very first one LLH1 because I found it had be the best lte speeds. I recently flashed the most recent modem LDK4 just to test it out and there it is H and H+ in all their glory. Funny thing though my 3g speeds on the old modem were faster than my H+ speed on the new modem. :p

Sent from my SGH-I747 using XDA Premium HD app

err0r76

Jan 29, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra

Hi all,

I have an s3 flashed with liquid smooth. I am unable to get LTE at all. The apn was not set to the ATT LTE and when I change it to that APN I get no data at all. I am also unable to choose LTE/WCDMA as an option under the network mode in mobile network settings. Strangely if i pull the sim, LTE/WCDMA comes up as the preferred network mode.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. This is preventing me from the final switch from an iphone 5. Help!

Thanks,
Eric

Have you checked if you have the correct version of modem? And have you checked if the apn has the correct settings? If so, you might want to try removing all other apn's has previously mentioned in other posts. You should also try doing a clean install of the rom...

pnd4pnd

Mar 23, 2010
Have you checked if you have the correct version of modem? And have you checked if the apn has the correct settings? If so, you might want to try removing all other apn's has previously mentioned in other posts. You should also try doing a clean install of the rom...

Yes i have the latest modem for AT&T - there is a newer one for M versions but not sure what that is. I will probably reflash and start over.

err0r76

Jan 29, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra

Yes i have the latest modem for AT&T - there is a newer one for M versions but not sure what that is. I will probably reflash and start over.

Yeah, you should probably re-flash... I tried the newer version of the modem and stuff actually didn't work as well as with the previous one..

pnd4pnd

Mar 23, 2010
i finally solved this by creating another apn with "phone" in place of "pta" and it now works.

ajcostello

Feb 26, 2013
Trying toggle down LTE on rogers

Hi, I just switched to the latest version of Jedi Invasion, I was previously on CM10. In CM10 I am able to choose which connection speed I used. I always keep my phone on H+ because 4G LTE is to battery draining, and sometimes I switch to 2G only when I need battery.

Now with Jedi Invasion, I cant get anything but 4G LTE, is there a way I can change which network I am on(toggle down to H+). This is with Rogers btw. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Edit - I did *#*#4636#*#* and switched it to WDCMA only, however it stills shows, 4G in the top right corner. Has it switched to H+ but just doesnt show it, or is it still 4G LTE

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Are you having issues with LTE on an AOSP ROM? Look here for information, and post any questions you may have about the subject.

First, we need to debunk the carrier's explanation of 4g. The carriers will explain to you that if it says 4g on the stock ROM you are using LTE. That is NOT true, 4g on the stock ROM is actually H, or H+, which is technically 3.5g, and not LTE. The stock ROM displays LTE as 4g LTE

So the first thing you need to do is make SURE you are in a location that has LTE coverage. Go to your carrier's website and verify with their coverage map

Coverage Maps:

AT&T
    Rogers
    Bell
    Telus

AOSP based ROMs display your true network connectivity as follows:

G = GPRS
    E = EDGE
    3g = 3g
    H = HSDPA / HSPA
    H+ = HSDPA+ / HSPA+
    4g = LTE

For Canadian users, you MUST verify LTE / GSM / WCDMA is selected.

The Dialer Code is *#*#DATA*#*# (or *#*#4636#*#*). You will enter the Data Programming menu, to set it.

Here is an app that will access the menu for you:

LTEOnOFF

Reported ROMs the settings stick on reboot:

CM10
    SlimBean
    AOKP

Now you have to verify you are using the correct LTE APN settings, and if not, add it.
    You can access your APNs by "System Settings => More => Mobile networks => Access Point Names"

Here are the LTE settings for ALL US and Canadian carriers:

AT&T

Name: ATT PTA
    APN: pta
    MMSC: http://mmsc.mobile.att.net
    MMS Proxy: proxy.mobile.att.net
    MMS port: 80
    MCC: 310
    MNC: 410
    Auth: none
    APN type: default,mms,supl,hipri

Rogers

APN - ltemobile.apn
    Proxy - <not set>
    Port - <not set>
    Username- <Not set>
    Passwors - <not set>
    Server < not set>
    MMSC - http://mms.gprs.rogers.com
    MMS - proxy 10.128.1.69
    MMS - Port 80
    MMS protocol - Wap 2.0 or Blank
    MCC - 302
    MNC - 720
    Aythentication type - < not set>
    APN type - either "*" or "internet + mms" Should work

Bell

APN: pda.bell.ca
    Proxy: web.wireless.bell.ca
    Port:80
    Username: Not set
    Password: Not set
    Server: Not set
    MMSC: http://mms.bell.ca/mms/wapenc
    MMS Proxy: web.wireless.bell.ca
    MMS Port: 80
    MCC:302
    MNC: 610
    Authentication Type: Not set
    APN Type: Not set

Telus

NAME: TELUS SP
    APN: sp.telus.com
    Proxy: not set
    Port: not set
    Username: not set
    Password: not set
    Server: not set
    MMSC: http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mmsc
    MMS Proxy: 74.49.0.18
    MMS Port: 80
    MMS Protocol: WAP 2.0
    MCC: 302
    MNC: 220
    Authentication type: not set
    APN Type: default,mms,hipri
    Bearer: unspecified

Alaska Communications (ACS)
    2 APNs

Data APN:

Name: ACS Data
    APN: web.acs
    MCC 311 (Default)
    MNC 370 (Default)
    APN type: “default,supl” or “*”

MMS APN:

Name: ACS MMS
    APN: mms.acs
    MMSC: http://mmsc.gci.csky.us:6672
    MMS proxy: 209.4.229.92
    MMS port: 9201
    MCC 311 (Default)
    MNC 370 (Default)
    APN type: mms

Or the easiest way to do it would be just to edit the two current (GCI) APNs and change in the APN where ‘gci’ is listed to ‘acs’.

-Frozen

Fido

apn: ltemobile.apn
    mmsc: http://mms.fido.ca
    mms proxy: 204.151.11.13
    mms port: 80
    mcc: 370
    apn type: internet +mms
    reserved for god
    My lte wasn't working when I flashed to cm10 yesterday. I did the steps you stated, deleted all other apn other than the rogerslte one and restarted my phone. It has been working since then.

Sent from my SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app

Carrier? could you post your settings for help with the guide? If they look exactly the same, just say theyre the same...
    I'm with Rogers, everything is the same except for the mms protocol. I left mine blank instead of Wap 2.0

Sent from my SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app

fixed, thx
    Could users of other AOSP ROMs comment on does it stick on reboot?