[KERNEL] M-Kernel [MOVED]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

NicoGa

Jul 10, 2012
Montreal
Re: [KERNEL][3G+WIFI][4.2.2] M-Kernel - a37

i think i asked the same question a few weeks ago but i forgot the answer..lol..
but still i didnt turn on any system sound, but the wakelocks are still there..

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

Search button is your friend ...
And you should make sure you read our answers (maybe you should read them twice ?!), as I also told you just few hours ago that these sounds are ON by default.

This question is also answered in BBS thread ....

Envoyé depuis mon Nexus 7

ace-user

Feb 23, 2012

Search button is your friend ...
And you should make sure you read our answers (maybe you should read them twice ?!), as I also told you just few hours ago that these sounds are ON by default.

This question is also answered in BBS thread ....

ok i apologize for that...sorry..
i know it's on my default..but the problem is, i had them disable since my first boot on my nexus 7...i never leave it on, it was disable the whole time..i even checked twice after u told me it was system sound causing the wakelocks...still it was disable...:confused::confused:

adstraylight

May 17, 2010
i know it's on my default..but the problem is, i had them disable since my first boot on my nexus 7...i never leave it on, it was disable the whole time..i even checked twice after u told me it was system sound causing the wakelocks...still it was disable...:confused::confused:

Do you have any media playing apps installed? I found that VLC beta was keeping my N4 awake.

NicoGa

Jul 10, 2012
Montreal

OK fair enough. Then, maybe you could post the output of BetterBatteryStat on the dedicated thread:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1179809

I m amazed by the help provided by those guys, and I'm sure this could definitively help you trigger the problem.

Reactions: ace-user

skylinegt77

Sep 16, 2011
It isn't an alpha. You think I would just throw in new features and patches and call it stable?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

to be honest i didnt really know what to expect... ohhh btw, in case ur interested, the problem i had with 4 different nexus 7 (games stuttering) was solved with 1 simple tweak, moved all of the gpu voltages down 75 mv and max freq down to 474, now even most wanted runs as smooth as ive never seen it b4. i may be wrong, but i think that setting the oc of the gpu higher than this will only make it overheat or maybe something else will cause instability at higher speeds idk in depth. just thought itd be some useful info

Reactions: PsychoMcSatan

PsychoMcSatan

Sep 8, 2012
Wakanada
Red Magic 6S Pro
to be honest i didnt really know what to expect... ohhh btw, in case ur interested, the problem i had with 4 different nexus 7 (games stuttering) was solved with 1 simple tweak, moved all of the gpu voltages down 75 mv and max freq down to 474, now even most wanted runs as smooth as ive never seen it b4. i may be wrong, but i think that setting the oc of the gpu higher than this will only make it overheat or maybe something else will cause instability at higher speeds idk in depth. just thought itd be some useful info

Yeah, I've gotten a bit curious with GPU overclock since I moved from Franco's kernel. With his, I left it at 600 with no apparent issues. With a37, I get crashes with anything higher that about 560 even before opening a GPU-intensive game. That being said, overall performance seems better with a37 even with the lower clocked GPU.

I don't notice any stuttering with Most Wanted, except just once every few races I have a big one or even two second pause. I'll try dropping GPU down even further as you suggested and see if it helps.

-PMS

Last edited:

MetalPainis

Nov 19, 2011
Rostock
You did. a38. And then the people who helped fix the WiFi bug.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I've been following the Thread as usual the last couple of days and seen all the test builds you posted, but I never really figgured out what that "WiFi bug" really did. So now, although it seems to be fixed, I'm still curious. What was wrong? ;)

Btw. thanks for all you hard work \m/

Reactions: Cliniclyinsane

mrazndead

Aug 7, 2011

Anyone test this scenario to which yields better battery life?

4 cores on with low max speed (800)

Versus

2 cores on with high max speed (1300)

Using trickster mod?

browy

Apr 1, 2012
Zürich
One quick question. I tried to update to the latest version a37. I don't know whether I've successfully updated it or not because I'm using Multiboot and there was some kind of error message during the flashing process. In my Settings app I get this info about my current kernel: 3.1.10-MKernel-446-666-g2666ef1. Is this the latest version?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    How would you guys feel about me closing this thread and starting a new one in Android Original Development? It technically belongs there anyway, and I wouldn't mind reserving a couple more posts in the beginning for a FAQ and other stuff. Hopefully to stop any more "Why is my min stuck at 340MHz?!?" and others like it :)
    Working on a new OP for mr1... Finally got a simplified feature list/changelog... Need to clean it up some haha.

Probably forgot a lot of things too.

Basic feature list -

• based on latest google aosp tegra kernel source mr1.1 for android 4.2.2
    • optimized compiler flags
    • Latest linaro 2013 gcc toolchain
    • Dynamic EDP - enable edp cpu maximum frequency limits only above a certain temperature (motley)
    • CPU over clock up to 1.7GHz
    • GPU over clock up to 700MHz
    • Custom user voltage control for CPU and Core components such as EMC, GPU, and LP (faux123)
    • Default CPU voltages set to ID 3 levels
    • CIFS, NFS, NTFS, HFS, ZRAM, and more built in.
    • Runnable threads hot plugging
    • FSync control (Ezekeel)
    • Glibc memcpy and memmove
    • User configurable Wifi power management mode (PMFAST/PMMAX)
    • Deadline improvements for solid state drives
    • LP core overclock to 666MHz
    • Force high current charging over pc USB (imoseyon)
    • Proportional Rate Reduction for TCP
    • Fixed current_now property for current viewing apps
    • Optimized SLUB and use SLUB by default instead of SLAB
    • Tegra 3 variant display (faux123)
    • Faster LP -> G transitioning
    • Optimized swahb32 byteswap helper
    • Asynchronous I/O latency improved through removal of plug in do_io_submit()
    • Tweaked CFS parameters
    • Optimized ARM RWSEM algorithm
    • Block: recursive merge requests
    • timer: optimize aplpy_slack()
    • Disabled GENTLE_FAIR_SLEEPERS to improve performance
    • Balanced EDP frequency limits to be same across all cores
    • LowMemoryKiller asynchronous compaction and compaction when killing processes
    • allow use of a controller native max block size
    • optimized crypto algorythms
    • Optimized AES and SHA1 routines
    • Better hot plugging delays
    • Increase boost_up_threshold for AVP clock
    • kexec-hardboot support for multirom
    • minimum cpu performance loch for audio playback (faux123) with additional fixes
    • decreased minimum backlight level for better low light viewing
    • switch do_fsync() to fget_light()
    • Added latest BFQ I/O scheduler
    • Fix crash when unplugging OTG devices (intersectRaven)
    • Added Tegra high performance AHB memory driver with additional fixes and improvements
    • Input: Send one packet at a time
    • support for ROM built-in OTG support
    • Added latest ROW scheduler with additional patches and improvements
    • Set Core voltage to 0.95V in Low Power mode 1 for significant semi-idle battery savings
    • TCP congestion control with Westwood+ set as default
    • Disabled speaker dynamic range compression for improved speaker audio quality
    • Lock performance governor to all 4 cores
    • Many LowMemoryKiller fixes and improvements
    • Many, many scheduler improvements and optimizations
    • A million other patches, fixes, and improvements that I don't have the time or space to list
    Now, on to my status with this -
    As a quick fix, I will revert this patch for the next build. This should hopefully solve all issues with a33 including, but not limited to, SODs, reboots, and increased battery drain in LP1 (too little voltage, but not little enough to cause freezes/reboots, has been shown to actually cause increased battery drain as compensation).

Unfortunately I haven't been able to whip up a quick fix for a couple reasons.

For one, I have other responsibilities. I had a Physics midterm early today and had to spend time reviewing and studying. Also, my father purchased a new HDTV (very nice one, super jealous) and I had to help him go pick it up and transport it, unpack it, remove the old, gigantic, heavy as f---, rear projection DLP HDTV, set up/secure/mount the new one, situate all the cables with the FIOS box/DVD/AV receiver/Surround sound, reprogram the universal remote, set up the new smart tv capabilities with the internet and their internet video services, update the TV software, set up the 3d and 3d glasses, and teach them all how to use the new stuff.

Second, my computer broke. The graphics card started acting up, kept getting messages about it failing and successfully restarting until it no longer would successfully restart. Tried uninstalling/reinstalling drivers and the whole kitchen sink, but the card was dead and there was no way around it. Aren't laptops with their all-fused components wonderful :rolleyes:? To be honest four years is a decent run for a cheap 4-yo HP. Anyway, I need a computer for school so I got a new one as an early birthday present.

So I have a new computer now. First of all it's a macbook so I'm going to have to learn how to use OSX for one thing and get everything set up, and I'm going to have to re-make my kernel build environment from scratch which will take some time.

So hang tight please!