T-Mobile Note 3 VPN Tethering

Search This thread

wing_addict_usa

Jul 2, 2008
Has anyone found a way to get tethering to work while you have a VPN active? I tried openvpn with private tunnel and they don't allow for data to be sent to the phone when active.

I noticed our phone shipped with ipv6 only with clat. Crazy they are using us for a beta test. ipv6 with clat is ok but some apps still don't work. VPN at least with me, doesn't work.

I added ipv4 APN and VPN connects but the tethering passes no data when active.

wing_addict_usa

Jul 2, 2008
I'm wondering if the stock tethering app adds a special route and if a different tethering app or vpn client can bypass it. I wish treve tethering worked.

shaungregg

Jan 6, 2011
I got treve to work using a vpn hider weeks ago but the speed was so slow it was taking 30 seconds to load a webpage, I just gave up and bought Pda-Net and haven't worried about it anymore. Even using Chrome spoofed my data racked up and got me flagged after a couple of weeks so I just broke down and paid for this.

Amd4life

Dec 30, 2010
you have to

1) add the word admin after supl, in the "APN TYPE"

2) also under your "APN Protocol" choose either ipv4 or ipv4/ipv6

there is a thread a few days back with pictures

depending on your rom, you may have to create a "new" apn file, there is a thread for that too

mardukeme

Oct 2, 2006
Newington
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 5
you have to

depending on your rom, you may have to create a "new" apn file, there is a thread for that too

This is exactly I what I had to do on stock. Create a new apn, because I want able to edit the tmobile apn. Though I added word admin first in the "APN TYPE"

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

shaungregg

Jan 6, 2011
Using PDA-Net / Foxfi paid under data usage Foxfi shows 4.91kb used for the last 24 hour period when in reality I downloaded 2 full length movies tethered to my laptop as well as 7 hours tethered just browsing and whatnot. Thats at the default setting of level 1 hide tether usage, prior to switching to Foxfi I was using Chrome to spoof with an addon but it would show the actual usage just under that spoof and T-MO acted accordingly, granted they din't do anything until I was upto 30 or 40 gigs lol but still I was raising red flags with them. I'm sure I am an extreme example and most folks can just keep doing the Chrome spoofing and not buy Foxfi key.

wing_addict_usa

Jul 2, 2008
Yeah I did that. It didn't help tethering vpn routing.

you have to