[Q] HELP with dead me7 sch-i545

Search This thread

momu

Apr 25, 2009
I need help to revive my ME7 SCH-I545 VERIZON. my device was rooted and had a twrp recovery. accidently I installed 4.3 on stock slot in TWRP. Now I can't boot anymore into sys or recovery. I tried to flash stock rom through ODIN but it failed with "no pit partition error".
I loaded a pit file (which I am not sure is compatible with ME7) and it failed again.
I don't know how to remove the TWRP recovery while the device is dead. It seems to me the logical thing to do because of pit error in odin.
Any idea?
momu

joshm.1219

May 7, 2013
Philadelphia
I need help to revive my ME7 SCH-I545 VERIZON. my device was rooted and had a twrp recovery. accidently I installed 4.3 on stock slot in TWRP. Now I can't boot anymore into sys or recovery. I tried to flash stock rom through ODIN but it failed with "no pit partition error".
I loaded a pit file (which I am not sure is compatible with ME7) and it failed again.
I don't know how to remove the TWRP recovery while the device is dead. It seems to me the logical thing to do because of pit error in odin.
Any idea?
momu

Well it's impossible to have TWRP on ME7 so that might be you're first problem.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

momu

Apr 25, 2009
Are you sure?

Well it's impossible to have TWRP on ME7 so that might be you're first problem.

As far as I know I had a twrp. I installed it and got a recovery which I encounter the first time: first an option to choose if to continue to system or to recovery. press recovery and then you get all the options like boot options, install, wipe and so on. I had my stock rom me7 installed on the stock slot and I installed a custom rom on slot 1. My mistake was to install the new ver 4.3 on the stock slot instead of an new slot.

I hope that I convinced you. I still need a help! my device is dead!
momu

joshm.1219

May 7, 2013
Philadelphia
Oh you had Safestrap not TWRP lol but sorry I never used Safestrap, you should ask in the thread for it.

momu

Apr 25, 2009
solved

Oh you had Safestrap not TWRP lol but sorry I never used Safestrap, you should ask in the thread for it.

joshm.1219 thank you for trying.

I finally found an uncorrupted tar file. I flashed it with odin and everything is working now.
I can say now with certainty that most files out there are corrupted which is very bad news for us users.

momu