Scrolling problem...

Search This thread

ganryugdm

Jan 25, 2012
Hello

I dont remember exactly when, but the scrolling in all browsers (chrome,firefox,opera,dolphin) is very choopy now... It was smoth before...
Maybe recent KitKat ? Anyone have any idea what is that? Hardware problem?
Navigating in forums is a pain, always getting undesirable click/select with choppy scrolling...

Thanks

adil1508

May 5, 2012
Waterloo
Hello

I dont remember exactly when, but the scrolling in all browsers (chrome,firefox,opera,dolphin) is very choopy now... It was smoth before...
Maybe recent KitKat ? Anyone have any idea what is that? Hardware problem?
Navigating in forums is a pain, always getting undesirable click/select with choppy scrolling...

Thanks
have u installed a custom kernel?

jamel_tza

Mar 4, 2013
NYC
Now I rooted my Nexus 4... Tried several rooms, kernels etc...
The problem persists, but sometimes the touch screen sensibility gets better... Sometimes is get reaaly crap and I cant even drag a icon vertically.

You wouldn't happen to have a cracked screen would you? There's a chance that there is a problem with your digitizer. The digitizer is what is responsible for registering touch events/input on the screen. One way to check if its the digitizer is to download an app that's similar to Paint on windows. For an old phone of mine I used an App called Sketch Artist..or something of the sort.
While making the drawing drag your finger along the screen in every direction, try to color in the whole screen. If there is anywhere on the screen that isn't responding to touch input then that is the part of the screen that may be perpetually derped.

It should be noted that you don't necessarily have to drop your device in order to have a derped digitizer, sometimes its just something that develops over time.