[Q] relock bootloader for 4.3

Search This thread

J03-84

Oct 21, 2013
I'm finding it difficult to simply find a tutorial to relock the bootloader for my sgh-i317. I've failed several times to update to 4.3 but read since my phone is rooted I need to relock/flash to stock and try again. I understand I can use Odin which I did to root but I'm new to this and don't know where to find the appropriate file so I can attempt to update via OTA. Any help is appreciated...

Jspex

Mar 2, 2012
I'm finding it difficult to simply find a tutorial to relock the bootloader for my sgh-i317. I've failed several times to update to 4.3 but read since my phone is rooted I need to relock/flash to stock and try again. I understand I can use Odin which I did to root but I'm new to this and don't know where to find the appropriate file so I can attempt to update via OTA. Any help is appreciated...

This will erase EVERYTHING on your phone so use kies to back up messages,pics, etc BEFORE you begin!!

Go to sammobile and dl the stock firmware then dl this.

Have $3 on your google play account for triangleaway.

Then follow these steps

1.flash the stock firmware with odin
2. flash chainfire autoroot and update supersu in the play store
3. purchase and install triangle away (pay for it and support these awesome developers, dont be that guy), run counter reset and reboot
4. in supersu unroot
5.boot into stock recovery and factory reset and wipe cache and delvik cache and reboot.
6. on you phone go to settings>about phone> software update and run the ota update.

That should do it as you have gone completely back to stock, reset your counter and have stock recovery. This is what i had to do to get the ota to 4.3 yesterday/

Last edited:

gregsarg

Apr 8, 2011
B.F.E.
There is no way so far to reset the konx counter. It sucks but no fix for that at the moment

Sent from my SGH-I317 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

This ....^^^^^^.....

Knox persists well below the partition level ....Likely on the EMMC...

A JTAG won't even fix it....g

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Miker1029

Jun 14, 2012
www.android-x86.net

So were you able to OTA?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

This will erase EVERYTHING on your phone so use kies to back up messages,pics, etc BEFORE you begin!!

Go to sammobile and dl the stock firmware then dl this.

Have $3 on your google play account for triangleaway.

Then follow these steps

1.flash the stock firmware with odin
    2. flash chainfire autoroot and update supersu in the play store
    3. purchase and install triangle away (pay for it and support these awesome developers, dont be that guy), run counter reset and reboot
    4. in supersu unroot
    5.boot into stock recovery and factory reset and wipe cache and delvik cache and reboot.
    6. on you phone go to settings>about phone> software update and run the ota update.

That should do it as you have gone completely back to stock, reset your counter and have stock recovery. This is what i had to do to get the ota to 4.3 yesterday/