[Q] Plz help, i think my internal memory got corrupted

Search This thread

alpha-ro

Jan 1, 2014
Hi, i'm new at the forums, but this have been my first option for android related solutions and info for a long time ago, but i finally decided to join it.

Well, this is embarrasing, but my first post it's about a problem in my pretty new SGS3 GT-i9300 i got a couple of weeks ago.

The problem is..., well, i've been testing some roms as 2nd roms with the help of the Siyah kernel. I've done the basics things..., root my phone, install my first kernel (siyah...), killed the stock rom so i learned how to flash a new stock rom for my country without all the operator's junk, then i overclocked (just a bit only), then i started with the 2nd roms....

My first try was UltimaROM, pretty good but i wanted to test MIUI, no problem, i worked but i didn't like it completely since it deleted all the samsung goodies, so i tried to flash ihackers, no luck..., it wouldn't just boot. So i tried with FoxHound, the same thing. So just dissapointed, i came back to UltimaROM and installed it again as 2nd rom (all in just 2 days). Well, it worked ok but then i noticed a serious problem...

Since the last time, when i flashed UltimaROM with the 2nd Rom Utils from Siyah, i came back to the stock rom (1st rom) because i wanted to record the fireworks outside my home (because of new year :p ), but, the camera said "Error al grabar" and just closed..., then i remember a couple of random massages saying that i was running out of space in the internal memory, so i dicided to temporarily delete the 2nd rom (i've been so gross these two days...:rolleyes:), and..., according to the 2nd rom utils from siyah, the 2nd rom was succesfely removed, but just to be sure, i fixed permissions (i did this everytime i tried to flash a new 2nd rom).

Now back to the stock rom, the camera problem not being able to record to the internal memory still there, but now, i looked into the internal memory with root explorer and there is a big folder named "ADM" with a...¡¿copy?! of the UltimaROM zip, which weights 1.5Gb, and i can't delete it, EVEN WORSE!, now a lot of random files and folders in the internal memory are "locked", i can't delete any of these, or even change permissions (my DCIM folder for example). I then tried the CWM option to "fix permissions", on the main CWM recovery as well as in the siyah 2nd rom utils recovery..., but all the same

Thinking that the internal memory file system got corrupted, i though that my best option was to flash the stock rom from samsung again, but this time with the option "Re-partition" checked. I tried it in Odin but...damn it..., it won't make it!, however, i can soft-flash the stock rom without "re-partition" check..., but this doesn't fix the internal memory...

In short, i CAN boot into my main stock rom, i can FLASH the stock rom trough Odin but i can't if i check the Re-partition option, and until i get i fix for the internal memory, i'll have to use my 2Gb External SD Card.....

So..., what can i do? Is there anything i can do to safely format the internal emmc completely and then flash the stock rom again? Or maybe do i have to...assume...that the locked internal memory problem...is a hardware problem? That's what i'm afraid of...:(

Anyway, i'll leave the details here.

OS: Stock Rom Samsung JB 4.1.2 (I9300UBEMH2_I9300UVOEMH1_ARO)
Kernel: Siyah Kernel 1.9.1
Recovery: CWM-based Recovery v5.5.0.4 CF-v1.5

I would leave a dump file of the failing Odin process now, but i don't know if that is possible and neither how to do it. But he most i can give is a screenshot attached.

Thanks in advance!

P.D.: let me know if this post is on the wrong place inside the forum

Attachments

• emergencyGT-I9300.png
    emergencyGT-I9300.png
    108.7 KB · Views: 1,044
Last edited:

Jumaqidi

Dec 3, 2013
Hi, i'm new at the forums, but this have been my first option for android related solutions and info for a long time ago, but i finally decided to join it.

Well, this is embarrasing, but my first post it's about a problem in my pretty new SGS3 GT-i9300 i got a couple of weeks ago.

The problem is..., well, i've been testing some roms as 2nd roms with the help of the Siyah kernel. I've done the basics things..., root my phone, install my first kernel (siyah...), killed the stock rom so i learned how to flash a new stock rom for my country without all the operator's junk, then i overclocked (just a bit only), then i started with the 2nd roms....

My first try was UltimaROM, pretty good but i wanted to test MIUI, no problem, i worked but i didn't like it completely since it deleted all the samsung goodies, so i tried to flash ihackers, no luck..., it wouldn't just boot. So i tried with FoxHound, the same thing. So just dissapointed, i came back to UltimaROM and installed it again as 2nd rom (all in just 2 days). Well, it worked ok but then i noticed a serious problem...

Since the last time, when i flashed UltimaROM with the 2nd Rom Utils from Siyah, i came back to the stock rom (1st rom) because i wanted to record the fireworks outside my home (because of new year :p ), but, the camera said "Error al grabar" and just closed..., then i remember a couple of random massages saying that i was running out of space in the internal memory, so i dicided to temporarily delete the 2nd rom (i've been so gross these two days...:rolleyes:), and..., according to the 2nd rom utils from siyah, the 2nd rom was succesfely removed, but just to be sure, i fixed permissions (i did this everytime i tried to flash a new 2nd rom).

Now back to the stock rom, the camera problem not being able to record to the internal memory still there, but now, i looked into the internal memory with root explorer and there is a big folder named "ADM" with a...¡¿copy?! of the UltimaROM zip, which weights 1.5Gb, and i can't delete it, EVEN WORSE!, now a lot of random files and folders in the internal memory are "locked", i can't delete any of these, or even change permissions (my DCIM folder for example). I then tried the CWM option to "fix permissions", on the main CWM recovery as well as in the siyah 2nd rom utils recovery..., but all the same

Thinking that the internal memory file system got corrupted, i though that my best option was to flash the stock rom from samsung again, but this time with the option "Re-partition" checked. I tried it in Odin but...damn it..., it won't make it!, however, i can soft-flash the stock rom without "re-partition" check..., but this doesn't fix the internal memory...

In short, i CAN boot into my main stock rom, i can FLASH the stock rom trough Odin but i can't if i check the Re-partition option, and until i get i fix for the internal memory, i'll have to use my 2Gb External SD Card.....

So..., what can i do? Is there anything i can do to safely format the internal emmc completely and then flash the stock rom again? Or maybe do i have to...assume...that the locked internal memory problem...is a hardware problem? That's what i'm afraid of...:(

I would leave a dump file of the failing Odin process now, but i don't know if that is possible and neither how to do it. But he most i can give is a screenshot attached.

Thanks in advance!

Use es file explorer and click on root manager. And click mount r/w. Make sure both is rw.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app
Give a thank if I helped you :)

Reactions: alpha-ro

alpha-ro

Jan 1, 2014
Use es file explorer and click on root manager. And click mount r/w. Make sure both is rw.

Thanks JellyYogurt, Yeah, i tried it as one of my first options, even with root permissions

Now, i'm really REALLY consufed...maybe, can Android get stuck for periods and lock access to some files? because after a while, i came back to take a screenshot in windows showing me a "Read-Only" mode error when trying to delete those damn files, at least, that's what said to me before, because now i connected in MTP as usual and the things i tried to delete with error earlier are...gone? I don't get it yet, and i'm hope it won't happen again, maybe tomorrow i'll try reflashing again

If the problem happens to vanish, i'll let you know so u can delete this post, just give a couple of days, i want to make sure i can make a full reflash with repartitioning in case of future emergencies

Thanks again! Really

alpha-ro

Jan 1, 2014
Well, it looks like the MTP lied to me, i checked inside /sdcard/ again and the locked files still there and locked :/, i tried again mounting as R/W with no luck. When i try to take a screenshot with power + home, it says that the usb storage could be ON...this is weird, i double check my usb mass storage app and swtich to usb mass storage mode and then back to mtp (i know it's only for the extSdCard...but i don't know what else can i do)

Any ideas plz? Thanks again

Jumaqidi

Dec 3, 2013
Well, it looks like the MTP lied to me, i checked inside /sdcard/ again and the locked files still there and locked :/, i tried again mounting as R/W with no luck. When i try to take a screenshot with power + home, it says that the usb storage could be ON...this is weird, i double check my usb mass storage app and swtich to usb mass storage mode and then back to mtp (i know it's only for the extSdCard...but i don't know what else can i do)

Any ideas plz? Thanks again

Have u tried a factory reset? Copy paste all ur pics and data to the computer first as u seem to be able to do so.

alpha-ro

Jan 1, 2014
Well, i tried and tried and let me say this an awful way to begin the year :crying:

I tried using doing the factory reset from within CWM and apparently all was succesful, but again in android, the internal /sdcard/ still the same, it didn't delete anything that my settings!

Now i can't avoid being a bit desperate, is there any way to format the internal /sdcard/ (or /sdcard0/, whatever) so i can start from scratch again? In fact i don't have anything useful in there, 'cause i made a full backup 4 days ago before this problem even appeared. Now i would just be fine if i could format the internal /sdcard/, just that..., i tried the "format /sdcard" option from within CWM...but it formatted the external sdcard, what a mess

I'll be waiting, thanks again!

boomboomer

Jun 30, 2010
Use philz recovery instead, format internal sd card, wipe for new rom.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

alpha-ro

Jan 1, 2014
You are just a master! I tried flashing a Philz recovery via Odin and, like you told me, i formatted the internal /sdcard/, then without exitting the recovery, i check inside the sdcard with the "install zip" option, and it says "No files found", i would never have imagined how beautiful would those words look :).

Now, just to make sure, i would like to repartition with odin, and (at least for now) come back to my stock rom, but the problem i mentioned earlier about "can't open file" when i tried to repartition, was because i missed the .pit file hehe

So i searched for the .pit file for the S3 16GB edition and i found it, in the corresponding forum, they said that the .pit file ending in 329 worked good for all of them.

Now with all in hand, i powered on in Download mode, opened Odin v3 once more, selected Re-partition, choosed the .pit file (ending in 329) and the stock rom .md5, flashed, waited 10min and..., no errors, until i saw the "firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select recovery mode in Kies & try again" problem, so i flashed again the Philz Touch recovery over the stock one (because when i tried to access the stock recovery the error always appeared), so fine! I booted into Philz and wiped cache, data and...it's so beautiful...:crying:, Android finally started! As if it were just when i bought the S3 :)

So, i fixed it finally! I think the only thing that remains is to reset the counter with TriangleAway and get back my last backup

Thank you so much friend! At the end, i'll stay with Philz Recovery, i didn't know it before but is far better than CWM. Thanks again!

P.D.: now that i know how to unbrick completely, i'll tell my journey to my friend Dany :cowboy:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Thanks in advance!