Shortcut Brightness on Nova Launcher

Search This thread

Filler1971

Jan 8, 2010
Is there anybody who knows how I can add an Shortcut of Gear Settings -> Display -> Brightness on Nova Launcher Desktop?

If I try to set an Shortcut of Settings. I only can use Display. But this is the setting of the Device and it will crash everytime.

Hope you can help me.
Thx forward ;)

almulder1092

Oct 11, 2013
Is there anybody who knows how I can add an Shortcut of Gear Settings -> Display -> Brightness on Nova Launcher Desktop?

If I try to set an Shortcut of Settings. I only can use Display. But this is the setting of the Device and it will crash everytime.

Hope you can help me.
Thx forward ;)

Creat a widget: Shortcuts >> Activities >> Settings (the stock one not nova) >>displayDisplaySettingsList

lopan2000

Jun 11, 2010
I know this isn't what you asked about.... but I'm using Tasker to set the automatically set the screen brightness based on time of day.

i.e.auto set brightness set to "4" (tasker display brightness value of 142) at 8AM for daytime use, and brightness set to "2" (tasker display brightness value of 54) at 5PM for nighttime.

Probably could make some homescreen buttons to toggle/change brightness levels too...

gdeboos

Nov 25, 2011
I reinstalled gravity box to get full options and use brightness slider.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

cyberone3

Dec 8, 2008
any chance you can export out the profile and upload it i would to use it if you don't mind with different hours :)

cyberone3

Dec 8, 2008
I would but I have since wiped it out and reverted back to stock. This weekend I plan on redoing my gear. (Was testing some stuff out). Once I do I will upload them.

thats a person form the twrp thread was able to get me up and working again
but if you code that woudl be great when you have the time
i know this wont be the last time this will be asked

Reactions: wosch79

Santaclauswitz

Jan 2, 2014
By the time you've downloaded it to your phone, sent it via Bluetooth to your watch and then imported it into tasker on your watch you could have written the profile 4 times over!

Here's the description of the task in rough that I've just made. You should really write your own tasks to make them specific to you.
Profile: Gear Light And Sound (497)
Time: From 21:00 Till 08:00
Enter: Gear Light Sound (500)
A1: Display Brightness [ Level:49 Disable Safeguard:eek:ff Ignore Current Level:eek:ff Immediate Effect:eek:ff ]
A2: Ringer Volume [ Level:0 Display:eek:ff Sound:eek:ff ]

Exit: Gear Light And Sound Start (503)
A1: Display Brightness [ Level:136 Disable Safeguard:eek:ff Ignore Current Level:eek:ff Immediate Effect:eek:ff ]
A2: Ringer Volume [ Level:10 Display:eek:ff Sound:eek:ff ]

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I would but I have since wiped it out and reverted back to stock. This weekend I plan on redoing my gear. (Was testing some stuff out). Once I do I will upload them.

thats a person form the twrp thread was able to get me up and working again
    but if you code that woudl be great when you have the time
    i know this wont be the last time this will be asked