[ROM][AOSPA] ParanoidAndroid 4.3 BETA 3-NEW_FORMAT_5.10.14[Unofficial][Jewel][4.4.2]

Search This thread

GoblinZ

Sep 15, 2010
By no means am I trying to thread jack or advertise another ROM but is halo not already stable in KitKat?

era8e9es.jpg

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE using Tapatalk

Thanks for all the work building this for Jewel! Now I just can't wait for Halo to work! The truth is, I was on CM 10.2, then I flashed PA 3.9 (or latest version, I forget) and now I can't live without Halo! It's that one killer feature that will keep me on PA for a LOOONG time, but now I'm stuck waiting awhile longer for KitKat... Ah well, such is life!

Thanks again, and eagerly awaiting Stable Halo!

When I ported this rom, I tried to stick very much to the base merged code only. I wanted to also be able use these as my daily and not have to worry about random reboots while using navigation on the freeway for example.

However, the Halo code is very much it its final stages as far as i can tell. Again its more the aim of these to port as true to the sources as possible. Halo is no doubt my number one target of interest though and you can bet as soon as its merged the jewel will have it on aospa as well.

Lonesnark

May 28, 2008
Love this rom. absolutely love it...pretty please, can anyone help me keep it? WiFi refuses to auto-connect to the U-Verse router, needs to be told repeatedly to connect before it will, and even then it won't stay connected. Same way with both KitKat Roms i've tried. :crying:

As I need Google Voice for text messaging, this just isn't going to work if I can't keep the WiFi connected :crying:

Thank you in advance for any ideas.

Edit: Okay, I've gotten it to auto connect, but I had to set the router and WiFi settings to a fixed/static address. Not a good solution, as it might still barely work when I try to use WiFi elsewhere.

Last edited:

NaterTots

Feb 7, 2012
CT
OnePlus 5
OnePlus 7T
This is not a rom issue. It's your router.
By a router and create you're own network.

You could also try running the newest ruu and then use one of the kk roms built with the new partition layout.

But the router thing has been known for a long time

Sent from my HTC first using xda app-developers app

JManekia

May 20, 2012
In order to flash the updated new partition version, you'll need to have run the 4.13.651.3 RUU or updated your firmware, updated recovery and flashed the Sense 5 4.3 stock rooted ROM. This will not work properly if you haven't done this.

Sent from my EVO using xda app-developers app

Last edited:
Reactions: gmoe65 and GoblinZ

InSaNeO1488

Jul 17, 2012
In order to flash the updated new partition version, you'll need to have run the 4.13.651.3 RUU or updated your firmware, updated recovery and flashed the Sense 5 4.3 stock rooted ROM. This will not work properly if you haven't done this.

And be sure to actually BOOT into the stock rom as it formats your cache, otherwise you wont be able to correctly flash a custom rom without getting stuck at the rom splash screen, i learned this from experience.... Lol thanks Haus_

Sent from my EVO using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

ultimatelegend1

Sep 13, 2013
In order to flash anything the first thing is unlocking your boot loader unless you're rooted I guess

Cmorris8848

Mar 30, 2011
Atlanta, GA
I just updated to the most recent build (i.e. the post above this one) and I'm having issues with data. I know AOSP rooms don't like the switch off from LTE to 3G and vice versa, but I'm not even able to connect to LTE. I have to switch my connectivity to just cdma+evdo to get a data connection. Is there anyway to fix or improve connectivity, or do I just have to live with it? Ps. I'm also in an area where there is a near constant LTE signal. I only lose it when in some buildings.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    450j1ot.jpg

For a list of features head over to the official thread.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2583582

Installation instructions

1. Download the latest build
    2. Download the latest PA Gapps 4.4.x or other 4.4 specific gapps
    3. In recovery, full wipe, and manually format /system
    4. Flash ROM, reboot
    5. Once you are up and running in PA reboot into recovery
    6. Flash Gapps, reboot

Download Links:

Paranoid Android 4.3 Beta 3-NEW_FORMAT
    http://d-h.st/Efs

-Updated sources to AOSPA 5-10-2014

Paranoid Android 4.1 Beta 2-NEW_FORMAT
    http://d-h.st/T6F

-Updated sources to AOSPA 3-16-2014

PA Gapps
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=44417509&postcount=1

Thanks: I DID NOT MAKE THIS ROM! I simply compiled it to work on our device. I can not express enough that these types of projects can not be done without the support of the community.

deck's tireless work made the CM kernel and device tree that this and many other roms for this device are based on.
    tearaz, Haus_, shortyishere, NaterTots, CaptainThrowback, and everyone in the #htc-evo-4g-lte channel for all of their support and info along the way.
    The Paranoid Android Team for their hard work in getting the source up for us to try.
    Please dont hesitate to let me know if someone was missed here, send a PM or catch me in freenode and ill get you in there
    pa_jewel-4.3-BETA3-20140510

time for a refresh. This version has been built on the most recent CM device tree and kernel.

pa_jewel-4.3-BETA3-20140510-UNOFFICIAL
    PA 4.1 B2

http://d-h.st/T6F

Updated AOSPA to newest sources. Update PA 4.1 B2
    Paranoid Android 4.0 Beta 6-NEW_FORMAT

Paranoid Android 4.0 Beta 6-NEW_FORMAT
    http://d-h.st/vwB

Check aospa gerrit for changelog.
    I was curious about that myself captain. Is there a reason its being recommended in the 4.4 threads for installing those roms? I've always done it manually myself in fear of bricking the phone or something, seeing as they are going out of there way to post that it be done.

Because you should always do a full wipe before flashing anything completely different/new, to be thorough/safe. It's just unlikely that neglecting to wipe /system will cause too many issues since most ROMs format /system as part of the updater-script.