Not Sync [ROM] CyanogenMod 11.0 | Android 4.4.2 KitKat [UNOFFICIAL] [Jan-15]+[NIGHTLI

Search This thread

Qualme1

Feb 14, 2014
I installed the following Rom [ROM] CyanogenMod 11.0 | Android 4.4.2 KitKat [UNOFFICIAL] [Jan-15]+[NIGHTLIES]. When I first installed I could not sync gmail or my exchange account. Someone suggested turning off auto sync rebooting then manually syncing, and finally turning auto sync back on.

This worked for me until I rebooted my phone and now nothing will sync. Gmail, contacts, calendar, exchange, nothing. If you try to manually sync the logo doesnt even spin.

I have tried everything I could find online. Deleting the account and readding, clearing data and cache and readding. Nothing works.

Does anyone have any other ideas?

Thanks

Qualme1

Feb 14, 2014
Did you do a full wipe before installing?

Sent from my Vivid 4G using Tapatalk

Yes, I did a factory wipe from TWRP recovery before installing. I used the latest gapps from PA for android 4.4. Should I be using an older version? the rom date is 1-15-2014, there is a PA-gapps dated 1-11-2014.

rignfool

Dec 8, 2010
The Poconos
Well the only other thing I can suggest is disable syncing app data... Maybe you have some left over BS from a previous flash that is causing problems

Qualme1

Feb 14, 2014
I have tried disabling sync app data and the latest nightly with the latest PA Gapps and unfortunately the problem persists.

tompdillon

Dec 23, 2010
I have tried disabling sync app data and the latest nightly with the latest PA Gapps and unfortunately the problem persists.

Any progress on this? I have the same problem. Have tried many gapps and roms and I can't get gapps to sync.

I wonder if there is something else that can block he gapps syncing. Only way I can get mine to work is to restore back to a non-custom rom.

projectisaac

Jan 7, 2014
I recall having an issue with syncing months ago, but it has never popped up for me again. I am now curious if you can see your internal storage when you go to settings->storage.

One other thing to try is going to settings-apps-all and manually clearing the cache of calendar, calendar storage, and anything else you would want to sync.

Sent from my Vivid 4G using xda app-developers app

tompdillon

Dec 23, 2010
I recall having an issue with syncing months ago, but it has never popped up for me again. I am now curious if you can see your internal storage when you go to settings->storage.

One other thing to try is going to settings-apps-all and manually clearing the cache of calendar, calendar storage, and anything else you would want to sync.

I am pretty sure I had internal storage.

Also have tried most everything but will load a Rom again and double check.

Do you remember how you got yours going?

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

tompdillon

Dec 23, 2010

So I retried with latest nightly and internal storage is fine. Also cleaned all data I could and can not get the darn thing to sync any data.

This is the craziest thing. As soon as I restore back to the Verizon ROM all is good.

rignfool

Dec 8, 2010
The Poconos
So I retried with latest nightly and internal storage is fine. Also cleaned all data I could and can not get the darn thing to sync any data.

This is the craziest thing. As soon as I restore back to the Verizon ROM all is good.

Uhhh... The HTC Holiday does not run on a CDMA carrier... So... You are prolly in the wrong thread...

tompdillon

Dec 23, 2010
Uhhh... The HTC Holiday does not run on a CDMA carrier... So... You are prolly in the wrong thread...

Yes, I think you are right. I found my way here via a search. It is a very strange problem that has not happened to many folks so there is not much out there on how to fix it.

neoresearcher

Jul 1, 2014
Resync

You can make urs cell resync by deleting and then recreating google account but this would delete all the new contacts :(

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts