Official Android Music 3.0 Beta! Get It Now!

Search This thread

phoezies

Aug 19, 2008
/root
www.ipmart-forum.com
This is the official beta for music 3.0.
Currently not available on the market just for developers.

markettest2.png

markettest5.png

UPDATE :
Here is the package containing all the APK files from the Market (thanks to androidnews.de): DOWNLOAD
source : http://techfrom10.com/2011/04/the-android-test-market/

Attachments

• com.google.android.music.apk
    3.8 MB · Views: 17,390
Last edited:

coolius

Nov 26, 2006
Reading
It's not official - Google accidently activated it on the Galaxy S. Full story is here:
http://techfrom10.com/2011/04/the-android-test-market/

The music app is a lot more polished than the previous leak including proper menus, streaming options and library modes.

If you have the previous leak installed you have to uninstall it to allow upgrading to the new version, but I assure you it is worth it!

Last edited:
Reactions: decompyler
D

Deleted member 2158596

New versions of Camera and Gallery3D are also on TechFrom10. They are not installable however I've unzipped the .apks and it should not be impossible to patch with 2.3 compatibility :) There are lots of new graphics in the .apks, everything looks like Honeycomb - but on mobile phones :D

Reactions: kusy90

phoenixus

Dec 3, 2010
So will installing this overwrite the current music app?

I'm running the GB leak (non-rooted) on a Droid 2. If necessary, will I be able to revert back to the stock music app?

coolius

Nov 26, 2006
Reading

I'm running the GB leak (non-rooted) on a Droid 2. If necessary, will I be able to revert back to the stock music app?

I think you have to be rooted in order to over-write the stock apps, but as I my phone is rooted, I don't know for sure. Feel free to give it a go and let us know!

If you do get it installed then it can be uninstalled which will revert you back to the stock music app.

snakeeyes21

Sep 11, 2010

Just put it on sdcard and Installed via root explorer just by clicking and it just installed it as if its a standalone app, doesnt overwrite android music app.
It looks great.. background seems to change to that of the album art.
And the sound is alot better than HTC music or Stock android music

Attachments

• snapshot.jpg
    snapshot.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 5,980
  • snapshot2.jpg
    snapshot2.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 5,732
  • snapshot3.jpg
    snapshot3.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 5,744
  • snapshot4.jpg
    snapshot4.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 5,237
  • snapshot5.jpg
    snapshot5.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 5,020

phoenixus

Dec 3, 2010
I installed it but the interface was pretty laggy on my phone. No lockscreen music controls either, which is a deal breaker for me.

It installed fine, didn't overwrite the stock app, and I was able to uninstall it.

Do you guys think a reboot would have fixed the lagginess? Is there an option I didn't see to turn on lockscreen controls?

Reactions: sugar0

coolius

Nov 26, 2006
Reading
It runs fine on my Desire. The only "lag" I found was on the first load when it populated the library.

I don't seem to have any lock-screen controls either, but then that was the case on the previous leak also.

D

Deleted member 2158596

I'm using an Nexus S with latest GRI54 stock rom, and this thing is not exactly flying.. It's loaded all my music though :)

tripacer99

Nov 23, 2010
Orlando, Florida
Gave it a shot on my fascinate w/2.2
I liked the overall graphical change from the standard, plain music app. I had a few issues (more like annoyances) with it though.

-If I want to go back to my song list after opening the app via widget, i'm used to just pressing the menu button real fast to go to my library. Apparantly that's been done away with, and now you have to press a tiny button at the top-left of the screen to get to it. Not the most convinient or fastest way to do things, especially if you're a righty.

-Switching songs a bit too rapidly may cause it to lag up and force close.

-No longer able to delete music straight from the app.

I'll be messing with this a lot more once I get some sleep...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 2158596

I see that TechFrom10 has also published their new Market apk... I wonder if it'll get app updates from Google.. If that's the case, perhaps we will soon see updated versions of Gallery3D, Camera and DeskClock that actually installs :rolleyes:

I'm not sure I'm gonna try it anyway, I use too many protected apps (that probably will break), so I won't install the new Market any time soon... Waiting for success story from someone else first :D

j.blaze

Dec 23, 2009
I replaced the new market with the current stock one. Works same as before. I can't see any changes. Neither in the look nor technically. ???
The camera works, but only for pictures :(
New clock and Gallery wont work :((

scorpus57

Dec 26, 2009
A note to everyone here:

Hey guys, it's Tim Schiesser (the guy with the phone that obtained this app through the test Market)

There are a lot of other apps on this Market in a "beta" stage that I can't install for some reason. If anyone would like to instruct me on how to pull these off the Market that would be great. I can see:

• Visual Voicemail (does nothing)
  • Sound Recorder v103
  • Google CarHome v1000
  • Google Gallery 3D v1.1.40682 (not the same as the 10.2 version)
  • Google Voice v100.4.2.23
  • Facebook 10.0
  • Google News and Weather v9.3.3
  • GTalk 9.5.3 (with permissions for camera)

I'll check here occasionally, but it would be faster to contact me through Tech From 10

And I thought the Market wouldn't do anything. It's also probably only a matter of time before Google pulls my access.

Enjoy the Music Player too, by the way :)

Last edited:
K

Killbynature

The camera works on CM7 both recording so does the music app the gallery keeps crashing let's see if we can get it working. I'm so disappointed in Google why are they still not using a full view finder for the camera.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using XDA Premium App

Therev86

Mar 14, 2011
Just dropped this on a wildfire for a lass at work and it's working without any problems

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is the official beta for music 3.0.
    Currently not available on the market just for developers.

markettest2.png

markettest5.png

UPDATE :
    Here is the package containing all the APK files from the Market (thanks to androidnews.de): DOWNLOAD
    source : http://techfrom10.com/2011/04/the-android-test-market/
    Here is the Music, Camera, Clock, and Gallery apks.
    A note to everyone here:

Hey guys, it's Tim Schiesser (the guy with the phone that obtained this app through the test Market)

There are a lot of other apps on this Market in a "beta" stage that I can't install for some reason. If anyone would like to instruct me on how to pull these off the Market that would be great. I can see:

• Visual Voicemail (does nothing)
    • Sound Recorder v103
    • Google CarHome v1000
    • Google Gallery 3D v1.1.40682 (not the same as the 10.2 version)
    • Google Voice v100.4.2.23
    • Facebook 10.0
    • Google News and Weather v9.3.3
    • GTalk 9.5.3 (with permissions for camera)

I'll check here occasionally, but it would be faster to contact me through Tech From 10

And I thought the Market wouldn't do anything. It's also probably only a matter of time before Google pulls my access.

Enjoy the Music Player too, by the way :)
    root explorer should work bro ive done millions of times delete both stock music apk make sure you are switching the mount when on root explorer i take out the apk for the music and the one right under music marked items
    make sure you reboot when you push the apk with root explorer and dont forget about the permissions

Can you please post this again and use punctuation?

I can't understand what you're saying without punctuation cues.

Just put it on sdcard and Installed via root explorer just by clicking and it just installed it as if its a standalone app, doesnt overwrite android music app.
    It looks great.. background seems to change to that of the album art.
    And the sound is alot better than HTC music or Stock android music