My Raphael is dying...

Search This thread

klooher

Sep 11, 2010
My raphael really is working really bad last times and unfortunately i wont be able tu buy a new phone for another 2 or 3 months...

Im using energy rom. Dunno if it matters tho.
1.My problem is my raphael battery or something around it. When i charge it to 100% and then just keep it locked in my pocket it will easily last a day or even more. BUT if i only start doing something it will turn off after a few minutes or even SECONDS... What the hell? I cant use it at all... It has been like that for few weeks... But it was perfectly fine before. What's strange , if i turn it on again after some time it will again have some pretty high battery percentage allowing me to do something for another few minutes. Has anyone experienced this? Is it problem with my battery? I do not want to buy a new battery for those 2 months.

2.Is there any way to lengthen the battery live? I have heard something about putting it in the fridge (0.0) but don't remember what exactly...

3.What's the best way to charge my phone by connecting it with usb to PC? In work i cant use my charger.

R^7Z

I've never really had great battery life with any mobile phone. However, I imagine that you can gain a few hours/minutes by disabling the background data. I usually charge up my phone over night and it lasts till I put it back on the charger. However, I have run it down to about 10% a few times.

klooher

Sep 11, 2010
Well... I don't know what to do... I switched back to manila ROM , changed radio, disabled 3g, wifi, backlight as low as possible... And it didnt really help much...

It's like that. I load it to 100% , hide it in my pocket and it will last from morning to late afternoon if left unused.

But if only i start to use it will turn off by itself after 5(!) minutes... That's not normal i think...:mad: The strangest thing is that it started to be like this so suddenly.

klooher

Sep 11, 2010
Well... my charger broke like few weeks ago and i started chargingmy phone by connecting it to the pc... Could it be the reason?

Last edited:
J

jianC

Is your battery swollen in any way? If it is, that could be the cause of bad battery life.

R^7Z

Come to think of it, one of my batteries seem slightly swollen and even though it is the oldest of my three batteries, it still works on occasion (when I use it). Now on the other hand, I don't constantly charge my phone via laptop. I hearsay, that doing this somehow *may* change the lifespan (possibly behavior?) of the battery. I can't say for certain as I don't usually charge my phone in this manner. Additionally, I try not to continuously charge my battery to 100% (rather 80% is what I look for) and I also try wait till my battery is at least 30% before I put it on the charger. I have read that this is the "optimal way" to charge and discharge your battery (or li-ion batteries anyway).
Perhaps you can try to do this and tell if there is a difference? I almost want to say that even through this, there is a slight chance that you'll notice an increase of battery life but perhaps, it'll be more consistent instead of the rapid discharge. Also, this could be a telltale sign that your battery is on its way out? You might want to keep that USB cord handy in the meantime and try to keep the battery levels between 80 and 30%.

klooher

Sep 11, 2010
Is your battery swollen in any way? If it is, that could be the cause of bad battery life.

Now when i looked at my battery i see it is REALLY swollen. 0.0 Ehhh anyway, i am changing the phone pretty soon so i dont care that much...

@R^7Z
It's not so easy , you know... It will show 3-4 bars of energy (max is 4, windows 6.1) and it will just turn off... Meh, i am glad im changing it soon

Last edited: