Error during rooting process

Search This thread

snowbirddd

Feb 21, 2013
Hey guys, I'm a new poster but have been reading these forums for a while, hope you can help me solve this huge problem I have..

So I was rooting my Motorola Razr I today, did the Bootloader unlock, everything great, started rooting, everything went nice until all of the sudden this happens:

remount succeded
error: protocol fault (no status)
error: device not found
Rebooting...
Flashing Secured Kernel back...
< waiting for device >

I waited a while to see if it would reconnect by itself, nothing happened, then I restarted the boot, got another "waiting to find device to reboot", but nothing..

Then I disconnected the phone and tried to restart it, but the only menus I can get to are the fastboot and the screen that says that the bootloader is unlocked..

Is there any way I could restore the system or restart the rooting process and get it all the way through?

Any help is appreciated.. Thanks!

P.S.: I have a screenshot of the whole root process window, just can't post it here because I'm a new user.. If anyone is willing to help I can send it to them via email or pm.. Thank you again!

EDIT: sorry, this might be the wrong subforum.. Mods feel free to move it where it belongs..

Last edited:

saloums7

Jul 19, 2012
Montreal
Hey guys, I'm a new poster but have been reading these forums for a while, hope you can help me solve this huge problem I have..

So I was rooting my Motorola Razr I today, did the Bootloader unlock, everything great, started rooting, everything went nice until all of the sudden this happens:

remount succeded
error: protocol fault (no status)
Rebooting...
Flashing Secured Kernel back...
< waiting for device >

I waited a while to see if it would reconnect by itself, nothing happened, then I restarted the boot, got another "waiting to find device to reboot", but nothing..

Then I disconnected the phone and tried to restart it, but the only menus I can get to are the fastboot and the screen that says that the bootloader is unlocked..

Is there any way I could restore the system or restart the rooting process and get it all the way through?

Any help is appreciated.. Thanks!

P.S.: I have a screenshot of the whole root process window, just can't post it here because I'm a new user.. If anyone is willing to help I can send it to them via email or pm.. Thank you again!

EDIT: sorry, this might be the wrong subforum.. Mods feel free to move it where it belongs..

If you have an unlocked BL its really simple... flash CWM recovery. Then download SuperSU from chainfire's site and flash it with CWM and you have root.

As for the system, guess you have to flash with RSD a stock system and re-root.

Sent from my RAZR HD XT925

snowbirddd

Feb 21, 2013
If you have an unlocked BL its really simple... flash CWM recovery. Then download SuperSU from chainfire's site and flash it with CWM and you have root.

As for the system, guess you have to flash with RSD a stock system and re-root.

Sounds simple enough, thanks :good:

I actually brought the phone to a neighbor who probably knows more about this stuff than I do, sent him a link to this thread too, maybe he figures it out, if not i'll try what you said tomorrow..

Will keep you posted on how it plays out.. Thanks! :D

snowbirddd

Feb 21, 2013
So my neighbour is saying he can't get anything to work, that possibly the phone is bricked :crying:
I'm gonna go by his place in a bit and try what saloums7 said, but if my neighbor is right and the phone IS bricked, is there any way to possibly unbrick it?

saloums7

Jul 19, 2012
Montreal
I'll be the ass. This is the wrong forum.

You are not your iPhone 5
#tylerdurden

Lol yeah I just realised

Sounds simple enough, thanks :good:

I actually brought the phone to a neighbor who probably knows more about this stuff than I do, sent him a link to this thread too, maybe he figures it out, if not i'll try what you said tomorrow..

Will keep you posted on how it plays out.. Thanks! :D

If you can't boot the phone try downloading the corresponding fastboot files from the firmware super thread and flash with RSD. Then flash CWM with fastboot commands (mfastboot works better for flashing recovery) and then from CWM you can install SuperSU and root.

snowbirddd

Feb 21, 2013
If you can't boot the phone try downloading the corresponding fastboot files from the firmware super thread and flash with RSD. Then flash CWM with fastboot commands (mfastboot works better for flashing recovery) and then from CWM you can install SuperSU and root.

I can only find a firmware superthread for the XT925, but mine is an XT890, do they both use the same firmware? Meaning, can I use the XT925 firmware in mine? Thanks

EDIT: Nevermind, I found the firmware I need.. Gonna try to flash it now :eek:

EDIT 2: Excuse my noobness, but I think you might have misunderstood what I said.. I do have access to the fastboot menu.. When you say that I should flash the fastboot files, you mean only if I can't get into fastboot right? :eek: Or do I have to do it anyway? thanks :D

EDIT 3: Well I think I might be getting onto something now, I'm following the steps used in the "How to Update/unbrick" video of "TheRazrGuy".. I'll keep you guys posted :D

Last edited:

snowbirddd

Feb 21, 2013
Ok so I downloaded the fastboot files for my phone but there is not a single file in there thats flashable through RSD, no xml file, nothing, only .img and .exe.. Did I download the wrong thing or can I flash these files too?

Last edited:

snowbirddd

Feb 21, 2013
Oh shoot, now the RSD is stuck in "Please manually power up this phone" but when i press the power button the little green light lights up but the screen won't turn on at all... Can I still flash something through RSD if this happens? Meaning could I turn RSD off now and restart it and try to flash again or a different file? :eek:

saloums7

Jul 19, 2012
Montreal
Oh shoot, now the RSD is stuck in "Please manually power up this phone" but when i press the power button the little green light lights up but the screen won't turn on at all... Can I still flash something through RSD if this happens? Meaning could I turn RSD off now and restart it and try to flash again or a different file? :eek:

I think you're better off asking in the RAZR I forums... they will be better equipped to help you...

Reactions: snowbirddd

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'll be the ass. This is the wrong forum.

You are not your iPhone 5
    #tylerdurden

I think you're better off asking in the RAZR I forums... they will be better equipped to help you...