Search This thread

tennispro820

Mar 18, 2014
I have tried multiple times to flash this dialer but I keep ending up with errors. http://xdaforums.com/google-nexus-5/themes-apps/mod-dialer-aosp-to-google-dialer-odexed-t2526844 The dialer will flash and will work fine but I get the following error: "com.android.phone has stopped." I am running liquidsmooth ROM on T-Mobile galaxy s3. I would really appreciate all the help. By the way I have tried factory reset, fix permissions, clearing cache, and clearing dalvik cache but none have worked. I have even tried to reflash the ROM but it hasn't worked. Please any help is greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• AOSP_2_GoogleDialer442_odex.zip
    4.4 MB · Views: 3

Perseus

Retired Senior Moderator / Recognized Developer
Feb 10, 2011
Atlantis
What kind of Errors if any appeared on the Flash process ? Can you grab the log of Recovery Flash ? Its typically in /cache/recovery folder after you boot.

If there weren't any errors then Liquidsmooth Kitkat has the dialer named differently ? More so, that Dialer package is missing needed Libraries ? (Or LS is missing the said Libs)

tennispro820

Mar 18, 2014
What kind of Errors if any appeared on the Flash process ? Can you grab the log of Recovery Flash ? Its typically in /cache/recovery folder after you boot.

If there weren't any errors then Liquidsmooth Kitkat has the dialer named differently ? More so, that Dialer package is missing needed Libraries ? (Or LS is missing the said Libs)

For the moment it is gone away, after trying it over an over I deleted two .apk's in the zip (TeleService.apk) (TeleService.odex), and flashed it without these apk's. It worked without any error but if it comes up again I will let you know.

tennispro820

Mar 18, 2014
Help?!

I spoke too soon, it didn't work. As soon as I dialed there was no dialer so I was not able to end the call or do any other things. I grabbed the flash log from /cache/recovery folder and I'm pretty sure its the this one. If you could help me that would be great. I am not sure if Liquidsmooth Kitkat has the dialer named differently or if its missing libraries. How would I be able to check these? I am using this ROM:http://www.drdevs.com/devs/teamliquid/Nightly/S3_Unified/ the 4/19/2014 one, if thats of any use.

Attachments

• last_log.txt
    13.7 KB · Views: 4

Perseus

Feb 10, 2011
Atlantis
The Log does not seem to show anything out of Ordinary. As I said on PM, post on the Mod's thread to see what others have experienced.

P. S. - Don't fragment the discussion between here and PM. Send a pm asking to look at the thread if I don't respond after 48 hours. Typically I have the threads subscribed.

tennispro820

Mar 18, 2014
The Log does not seem to show anything out of Ordinary. As I said on PM, post on the Mod's thread to see what others have experienced.

P. S. - Don't fragment the discussion between here and PM. Send a pm asking to look at the thread if I don't respond after 48 hours. Typically I have the threads subscribed.

Sorry about that. I also have another problem: in the google camera the photosphere, panorama and lens blur are all not working. I like this camera but it worked before but in the process of trying to fix my dialer these camera features are not working either.

Perseus

Feb 10, 2011
Atlantis
Again the mismatched or missing libraries of this dialer are breaking other stuff. Post on the Dialer's thread.

tennispro820

Mar 18, 2014
Help?!

Again the mismatched or missing libraries of this dialer are breaking other stuff. Post on the Dialer's thread.

I factory reset it and flashed an update with the newest GAPPS but the camera is still having problem. I am unable to use all the google camera features such as photosphere, panorama and lens blur are all not working. Why is this still happening even after a reset? Is there a fix? I have looked for a long time without any success in finding the solution.