[Q] Negligently flashed theme - Help?

Search This thread

exitStrategy

Oct 11, 2010
Pittsburgh
Running stock 2.3.6, T-Mobile, T989. Rooted via ODIN, CWM installed. Wasn't paying any damn attention and flashed a battery theme. Now my status bar FCs at startup.

Is there any way to recover from this, or would I be better off unrooting/returning to full stock and then rerooting, reinstalling, etc?

capcanuck

May 3, 2011
There may be a better answer, but I would just flash a new rom. There's so keep roms available if that's what you want

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

J

jdubb1106

well, if you made one do a nandroid backup. should work if im not mistaking

Anyone feel free to correct me if I am wrong :)

Last edited:

exitStrategy

Oct 11, 2010
Pittsburgh
Now, see, if I'd been thinking I'd've made a Nandroid before flashing. You know, like mentally stable people do. Unfortunately, thinking wasn't on the menu.

I flashed Zedomax's 2.3.5 and will do an ODIN -> Stock 2.3.6 -> root again once I touch my Windows PC again tonight.

Learn from my failure! Nandroid now, nandroid tomorrow, nandroid forever.

novanosis85

Jul 9, 2010
Chicago
Now, see, if I'd been thinking I'd've made a Nandroid before flashing. You know, like mentally stable people do. Unfortunately, thinking wasn't on the menu.

I flashed Zedomax's 2.3.5 and will do an ODIN -> Stock 2.3.6 -> root again once I touch my Windows PC again tonight.

Learn from my failure! Nandroid now, nandroid tomorrow, nandroid forever.

What???

You don't have to root again once rooted already.

Just flash a stock rom from the T989 dev section. Do a nandroid backup.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

xxKamikazexx

Nov 11, 2011
Arlington, Tx
You can just flash a theme that's made for your ROM... I had this happen to me when I was trying to make my own theme and had bootloops with everything force closing in me so I instead just flashed a working theme to fix it.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using xda premium

exitStrategy

Oct 11, 2010
Pittsburgh
What I ended up doing was using ODIN to return to completely stock, then rerooting and removing CIQ by hand. I'm at the point where I'm not interested in flashing anything save the eventual CM9.