[15/10/08] Manila 2d in Landscape Workaround

Search This thread

mbarvian

Mar 13, 2008
Hi guys,

If you're like me, and you constantly flip open your keyboard to find that once you go to the Today screen, your Manila 2d makes your device rotate back to Portrait, you're in luck :p

Here's the result of a three days of work:
Screen01.png

Download:
http://myunspace.com/?d=D45839481

Video: (thanks darkz)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rv-mN15o5VI

How it Works:
Inside the .cab is Mortscript, which is vital for this to work. There is a script that runs while Device.exe (which should always be running) that reads whether the device is in Portrait or Landscape, and checks off TouchFlo and checks my Touchflo-skinned RLToday, and vice-versa. Then it redraws the Today screen. However, it does take a while to do all of this, but the effect is worth while ;)

Enjoy and comment please :)

Last edited:

pdgpereira

Dec 29, 2007
LX
Very nice. 1 Suggestion: post the release date (16OUT) in the title. For some reason, i was expecting to see it ( I think it picks up more attention ).

J

JValmont

My first post is a thank you to the guy whose the reason I signed up for membership with xda - I'm d/ling this for use on my tilt right now.
Thanks mbarvian

Val

edit: download is failing every time - server can't keep up? :)

Last edited:

Xenn

Sep 23, 2008
just a curious question, whats the difference between this landscape and herg's upcomming landscape mode?

zard

Jul 19, 2005
Mirror please. Can't download, complaining that due to proxy server or something. Thanks.

showaco

Aug 10, 2007
Waco, TX
Awesome work Mbarvian! Any chance of switching this over to homescreen ++ UI, its very similiar to rltoday in the xml design, but allows for multiple pages and today plugins to be added? That could open lots of possibilities.:D

MRFERRARI23

Jul 19, 2007
NYC AkA GOTHAM!
question: once installed if you dont like it can you uninstall it or what cause id like to try it out on my tytn 2 but like to know whats what first thanx a lot an greak tjob on making this!!!

Cal-El

Jul 22, 2008
Golden Valley, MN
Very nice, great work! I installed on my herald running ttrans 7.5 M2D rom and it works great. sure there is a bit of a lag, but who cares it adds alot of class to the manilla platform! so for all with M2D cooked into their ROMs, this will work. Thank you for your time and obvious talent! :)