Important...

DO NOT MIX
A 4.4.X Kernels to 4.3.x, 4.2.x, Etc. ROMs

...……………………………
...……………………………

from the hard work of Recognized Developer - DerTeufel1980
and those continuing to use his kernel mods

I have only put them into a standalone flashable .zip package ... Enjoy​

I take no responsibility if it messes anything up,,,, these work for me or I dont post them ,,, ,,,, make backups,,,, nandroids,,, whatever you favorite choice is...
be prepared to potentially wipe, if it wont boot and you can get back into recovery,,, but worst case scenario you will have to ODIN back to stock EH03 and start fresh ...

:: If anyone needs a kernel I have not done up yet shoot me a reply or PM ::

Information and Compatibility
>>>>> >>>> >>>
Android 4.4.x
These Kernels/Recovery are interchangeable across AOSP/CM/OMNI/PA ROMs ,,, {{ So feel free to mix & match accordingly }}

General method of installation:
from Recovery:
Install Zip
Reboot
Enjoy

these zips allow a Rom to boot into chosen Recovery/Kernel combination - including all other Devil Kernel tweaks with programs like the ones below

With some ROMs offering nightly builds sometimes these may not work with the newer nightly ROM builds, just depends on what gets changed.
Just head the warnings and be prepared for possible incompatibility.

Tweaks --- Over Clocking and Kernel Control Programs --

>>>>> >>>> >>>

Devil Kernel Memory Tweak Options

-- 383mb -- Stock
-- 396mb -- XL -- No known issues
-- 408mb -- BigMem -- (Breaks only 720 Video Recording, 480p Video still works fine)
-- 439mb -- Max Ram -- No Camera [picture or video] at all -- [your memory may vary]

Some of the more popular programs if your included one lacks some features
>>>>> >>>> >>>

DevilTools by: DerTeufel
DevilTools-1.1.2.apk :: http://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=2453825&d=1387010535
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2276036

Devil Kernel Manager
DevilAppSGS.apk
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2558082
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.metalignus.devilappsgs&hl=en

Trickster MOD
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bigeyes0x0.trickstermod

ROM Toolbox Lite is excellent with the stuff available in it...
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.jrummy.liberty.toolbox&feature=search_result

I also found this nice Lulzactive controls app

specifically for the Lulzactive Governor and explains things nicely
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tegrak.lulzactive

>>>>> >>>> >>> >>>>> >>>> >>>

My Personal Favorite KitKat Devil settings are

100 Mhz CPU Min
1000 Mhz CPU Max

Zen - I/O Scheduler
Lulzactive - Governor || Smooth Ui = Off ||

Live O/C = 120% || OC Target Low = 1000 Mhz || OC Target High = 1000 Mhz ||

with that setting it it overclocks only the 1000 Mhz to = 1200 Mhz [ I still keep good battery life ]
[ Live OC has the benefit of also OCing the GPU, from 200 -> 240 Mhz @120%]
[ I also up the 1000 Mhz CPU Voltage setting +25 mV = 1300 mV, seems to help stability ]

396mb Memory

Zram 40%

Swappiness 80%

and SD read ahead 1024

Dirty Tweaks - Build Prop Mods::

PM Sleep Mode = 1 [Power Collapse (Best)
Wifi Scan Interval = 1500 [1st set to anything 15-420, then manually edit build prop]
dalvik.vm.heapstartsize = 12m [manually edit build prop]

......................................................................................................................

......................................................................................................................

I take no responsibility if it messes anything up,,,, these work for me or I dont post them,,, ,,,, make backups,,,, nandroids,,, whatever you favorite choice is...
be prepared to potentially wipe, if it wont boot and you can get back into recovery,,, but worst case scenario you will have to ODIN back to stock EH03 and start fresh ...

::KERNEL LINKS::

Fascinate - 4.4 Kernels

My 4.4 Kernels Link ~ thanks AndroidFileHost.com

~~~ clickable Link ~~~ https://www.androidfilehost.com/?a=show&w=files&flid=9626
--- New links show up in these first, before the "Direct Links" get posted

……………………………………

……………………………………

:: KERNEL Direct Links ::

:: :: 4.4 Kernel :: ::

Do not mix 4.4.x Kernels with 4.3.x and Earlier ROMs

2.1-cm11-4.4__TWRP_11-10-2013-fassy.zip
http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23212708291679682

Made from:: [4.4] Unofficial CyanogenMod 11.0 || By: Unjustified Dev || http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2521427
TWRP - Stock Kernel

3.0-kernel-Devil_TWRP_4.4.2_12-29-2013-fassy.zip
http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23269279319202534

Made from:: DIRTY UNICORNS[4.4.2][v5.0][OFFICIAL][TWRP 2.6.3.0][12-29-13] || By: BDogg718 || http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2591794.
TWRP - Devil Kernel

3.1-kernel-cm11_cwm_4.4.2_01-04-2014-fassy.zip
http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23269279319202535

Made from:: [4.4.2] Unofficial CyanogenMod 11 [1/4/14] || By: times_infinity || http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2598051
CWM - Stock Kernel

3.6-cm-11-unjust-kernel_cwm-6.0.4.9__06-04-2014-fassy.zip
http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23501681358551286

Made from:: cm-11-20140604-UNOFFICIAL-fascinatemtd
CWM - didhiys kernel-by unjust

…………………………………………………
…………………………………………………

::::::::::::::::: ::::::::::::::::: ::::::::::::::::: ::::::::::::::::: ::::::::::::::::: ::::::::::::::::: ::::::::::::::::: ::::::::::::::::: :::::::::::::::::

Credits:
BDogg718, Dirty Unicorns, Unjustified Dev, DerTeufel1980, Notta, AOSPA, Mazda, Cyanogenmod, PacMan Rom, jt1134, AOSP, Omni Rom, LasVegasRomeo, times_infinity, other developers, users, supporters and anyone else that has helped out!

::::::::::::::::: ::::::::::::::::: ::::::::::::::::: ::::::::::::::::: ::::::::::::::::: ::::::::::::::::: ::::::::::::::::: ::::::::::::::::: :::::::::::::::::

Last edited:

hhp_211

May 15, 2008
@hhp_211. Can you marry a Devil kernel with a cwm 6046 to try on the cm11 1/09 ROM? Is it a big project or is it pretty easy?
I hope in the near future to be able to these type of things,,, still learning it.

What issues are you having?
Switching the recovery portion out to be cwm with devil will have no effect on how a kernel portion operates.
They do work independent of each other but have to be installed together on the fascinate ( which is different from most every other phone)

kb8no

Jan 29, 2012
Duluth MN
I hope in the near future to be able to these type of things,,, still learning it.

What issues are you having?
Switching the recovery portion out to be cwm with devil will have no effect on how a kernel portion operates.
They do work independent of each other but have to be installed together on the fascinate ( which is different from most every other phone)
It took me a long time to figure out how the kernel and recovery worked on this device and re-learned it several times til it sunk in but now I get it.

I got all those media errors with twrp/Devil. Maybe the SD card trick you proposed will fix that. Then I got some crashes and no sounds worked so I bailed.

My assumption was that it was twrp and not Devil. The dev in his OP is very particular about using cwm on his ROM. I don't know why they both shouldn't work as long as you have the right ones. Seems that is how it works in other ROMs. Dev called the recovery issue a "debacle" I believe and sounded frustrated. There should be a story here. Why wouldn't twrp flash ROM?

So that's why I'm thinking Devil/twrp is an issue. Have you tried it?

hhp_211

May 15, 2008
It took me a long time to figure out how the kernel and recovery worked on this device and re-learned it several times til it sunk in but now I get it.

I got all those media errors with twrp/Devil. Maybe the SD card trick you proposed will fix that. Then I got some crashes and no sounds worked so I bailed.

My assumption was that it was twrp and not Devil. The dev in his OP is very particular about using cwm on his ROM. I don't know why they both shouldn't work as long as you have the right ones. Seems that is how it works in other ROMs. Dev called the recovery issue a "debacle" I believe and sounded frustrated. There should be a story here. Why wouldn't twrp flash ROM?

So that's why I'm thinking Devil/twrp is an issue. Have you tried it?

My understanding of the "recovery debacle" is the fact up having to go through the exact process is to get the partitioning set correctly.

Much of the the same reason why on @Unjustified Dev cm11 that you had to switch over to a certain TWRP recovery 1st, because he compiled his cm11 with the TWRP.

kb8no

Jan 29, 2012
Duluth MN
My understanding of the "recovery debacle" is the fact up having to go through the exact process is to get the partitioning set correctly.

Much of the the same reason why on @Unjustified Dev cm11 that you had to switch over to a certain TWRP recovery 1st, because he compiled his cm11 with the TWRP.

I can get that. Are you saying first flash is about correct partitioning and not correct recovery? That's a reoccurring Fassy theme! So once it is flashed and partitioned correctly and then the ROM flashed, shouldn't we then be able to use any recovery, like a 4.4 compatible twrp?

Unjustified Dev

Recognized Developer
Oct 21, 2012
Memphis , TN

You can expect to to change recovery by flashing boot.img we don't have a recovery partition.

Boot image break down

Boot.img contains
* ramdisk
*zImage/Kernel
* recovery ramdisk

We load recovery from boot due to samsung old partition layout
Kernel is inside boot.img this isn't the issue
The issue is the ramdisk.
Some roms contain their own init.blahblah.rc and without it you will get soft-bricked due to certain things not getting initialized and not everything might work and two your ramdisk also contains your init files flashing an incompatible version will soft brick your device due to some things not correctly getting permission . This is the best I can explain it not really a kernel dev or what not so this is the best info I can provide from knowledge .

Newer phones layout

Recovery Partition is separate meaning you can load any recovery in theory without having to be forced to change the Kernel and all ramdisk files which is not good for this reason I always provided zips for my roms with the option to have twrp or cwm because we can't change recovery separately

Boot partition is separate boot.img and kernel never get touched by recovery which is great because you can have no recovery and it still will boot up.

In theory we can flash just recovery such as that twrp zip but it fails for some odd reason I can't understand . TWRP inject script should allow us to flash recovery ramdisk into boot.img so we can have any recovery we want. I may work on getting it to work but for now my fascinate is soft bricked. Also our boot partition is small twrp isn't always fitting in some roms for this reason I build cwm

Reactions: hhp_211

kb8no

Jan 29, 2012
Duluth MN
You can expect to to change recovery by flashing boot.img we don't have a recovery partition.

Boot image break down

Boot.img contains
* ramdisk
*zImage/Kernel
* recovery ramdisk

Some roms contain their own init.blahblah.rc and without it you will get soft-bricked due to certain things not getting initialized and not everything might work and two your ramdisk also contains your init files flashing an incompatible version will soft brick your device due to some things not correctly getting permission . This is the best I can explain it not really a kernel dev or what not so this is the best info I can provide from knowledge .

Newer phones layout

Recovery Partition is separate meaning you can load any recovery in theory without having to be forced to change the Kernel and all ramdisk files which is not good for this reason I always provided zips for my roms with the option to have twrp or cwm because we can't change recovery separately

Boot partition is separate boot.img and kernel never get touched by recovery which is great because you can have no recovery and it still will boot up.

In theory we can flash just recovery such as that twrp zip but it fails for some odd reason I can't understand . TWRP inject script should allow us to flash recovery ramdisk into boot.img so we can have any recovery we want. I may work on getting it to work but for now my fascinate is soft bricked. Also our boot partition is small twrp isn't always fitting in some roms for this reason I build cwm

Its so complicated. Thanks so much for taking the time to explain. So how do we get Devil kernel into 1/9 cm ROM with all that confusion? I like twrp but I want Devil so I can get some extra settings.

ztotherad

Aug 17, 2011
Illinois
OnePlus 9 Pro
by flashing this:

the only problem with that kernel is getting twrp also. i think it'd be better to be able to flash the recovery/kernel separately, but like UDev said, the kernel/recovery/ramdisk makes it difficult because we don't have a separate recovery partition. unless we do more partitioning of the system/data/cache/datadata and create a separate recovery, but i don't think we can without some major work.. which sucks. we pretty much need to copy from another phone, if it's been done anyway. i know the Nexus s can flash recoveries separately, but i don't know how their partitions are laid out exactly.

Unjustified Dev

Recognized Developer
Oct 21, 2012
Memphis , TN
Its so complicated. Thanks so much for taking the time to explain. So how do we get Devil kernel into 1/9 cm ROM with all that confusion? I like twrp but I want Devil so I can get some extra settings.

It's only compatible for so long I mentioned why. These boot.img aren't really the the best solution due to changes that make it not compatible please guys go read on what a ramdisk is and what all this stuff is like init and stuff so you can understand why
Part of ramdisk is in system/core/rootdir in source code other parts come from your device tree . It's not like this code stays the same not even in the device tree it needs to be changed to fix things or give permission to new things or initialize things like sensors snd it runs more like wifi , bluetooth , etc. This boot.img was only made to allow you to get on 4.4 since recovery is in boot.img you had no choice due to recovery being incapable of installing new 4.4 since set permission is gone it's set metadata now . Compatibility with this boot.img is broken now and I wouldn't install it.
Sent from my SM-T210R using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 12:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:35 AM ----------

the only problem with that kernel is getting twrp also. i think it'd be better to be able to flash the recovery/kernel separately, but like UDev said, the kernel/recovery/ramdisk makes it difficult because we don't have a separate recovery partition. unless we do more partitioning of the system/data/cache/datadata and create a separate recovery, but i don't think we can without some major work.. which sucks. we pretty much need to copy from another phone, if it's been done anyway. i know the Nexus s can flash recoveries separately, but i don't know how their partitions are laid out exactly.

Actually we have one it's just not used due to how the device is made. I think it's a bootloader limitation based on how it was set up. I always imagined it was possible to load recovery there but I don't think the block is active or something to be used it just exists

Last edited:

ztotherad

Aug 17, 2011
Illinois
OnePlus 9 Pro
It's only compatible for so long I mentioned why. These boot.img aren't really the the best solution due to changes that make it not compatible please guys go read on what a ramdisk is and what all this stuff is like init and stuff so you can understand why
Part of ramdisk is in system/core/rootdir in source code other parts come from your device tree . It's not like this code stays the same not even in the device tree it needs to be changed to fix things or give permission to new things or initialize things like sensors snd it runs more like wifi , bluetooth , etc. This boot.img was only made to allow you to get on 4.4 since recovery is in boot.img you had no choice due to recovery being incapable of installing new 4.4 since set permission is gone it's set metadata now . Compatibility with this boot.img is broken now and I wouldn't install it.

---------- Post added at 12:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:35 AM ----------

Actually we have one it's just not used due to how the device is made. I think it's a bootloader limitation based on how it was set up. I always imagined it was possible to load recovery there but I don't think the block is active or something to be used it just exists

I wish there was a way to check to see if it's active without the possibility of bricking the phone. there's gotta be a workaround, but I don't know if that's even possible.

Unjustified Dev

Recognized Developer
Oct 21, 2012
Memphis , TN
I wish there was a way to check to see if it's active without the possibility of bricking the phone. there's gotta be a workaround, but I don't know if that's even possible.

it's not made to be active this phone has a mtd partition I have no idea how it's set up but recovery is dead. Just kernel , cache , system , and datadata partitions are active.

Unjustified Dev

Recognized Developer
Oct 21, 2012
Memphis , TN
so really that recovery is only activated within the boot.img

Yep that's how it's read. Stock recover is different we had revovery .bin this was made to allow custom ones to work its how it loads it is different from stock. I think that was developed by kush. Brick your phone hard enough you will see cwm4 you installed on stock

ztotherad

Aug 17, 2011
Illinois
OnePlus 9 Pro
Yep that's how it's read. Stock recover is different we had revovery .bin this was made to allow custom ones to work its how it loads it is different from stock. I think that was developed by kush. Brick your phone hard enough you will see cwm4 you installed on stock

damn. that just goes with what Adam Outler created "the unbrickable mod" for the fassy. I'd love to do that with my phone and then try and flash a nexus s bootloader/kernel/etc and see if something loads. Hell, I'd even like to try it on my other fassy that is bricked/whatever to see if it fixes it. lol. I just don't know how to use a welder at all.

hhp_211

May 15, 2008
helly is still an amazing 4.2 rom. hell I'm running aokp ms6 (ics) right now and it seems to be the only thing that's fully satisfied me as of late.

Sent from my SCH-I500

Hey skepticmisfit and others too ,
I've seen you and a couple others prefer the aokp ics ms6 over other newer roms.
What do you feel it's doing that's hands down better?
Also...
What are its quirks?
What do you use your fassy for the most [surfing, gaming, music, mixture, other. ]

Can you list out what bugs you in newer Roms the most

I ask because I've been working hard on some tweaked settings in DU 4.4 that have reality improved the speed and stability for me and they should work for all the 4.4 Roms,,,

And I want to get some initial response to make sure I'm heading on the right path

Hopefully I'll have these tweaks in the next few days.
Whoever is ready or able to test let me know.

————— ————— —————

For me 4.4 has been good overall,,,
The hanging black screen on receiving a phone call has to be issue numero uno! drove me nuts!!!
and very slow at switching tasks ,
and slow looking up anything in the interweb,
Not to mention,, generally within a few hours from a fresh boot will cause a hang/reboot
[ or any semi heavy multi tasking it will happen faster]

So I've put a lot of hours into researching and finding out what certain settings effect and I've compared and made a spreadsheet if settings from ROM's that were popular or considered fast,,, and the results have been extremely positive

Last edited:

skepticmisfit

Jul 25, 2013
I've seen you and a couple others prefer the aokp ics ms6 over other newer roms.
Also...
What are its quirks?
What do you use your fassy for the most [surfing, gaming, music, mixture, other. ]

I ask because I've been working hard on some tweaked settings in DU 4.4 that have reality improved the speed and stability for me and they should work for all the 4.4 Roms,,,

And I want to get some initial response to make sure I'm heading on the right path

————— ————— —————

The hanging black screen on receiving a phone call has to be issue numero uno! drove me nuts!!!
Not to mention,, generally within a few hours from a fresh boot will cause a hang/reboot

So I've put a lot of hours into researching and finding out what certain settings effect and I've compared and made a spreadsheet if settings from ROM's that were popular or considered fast,,, and the results have been extremely positive

oh man.. well... specifically with AOKP, it's really stable and really fast a lot of the time. scrolling and opening apps is way faster than in JB and KK roms. gaming is also a bit better too. benchmarks, though they don't usually matter on phones, actually do better with an ICS rom than in JB.

some quirks with AOKP are that built in Wi-Fi tethering doesn't work and that only like two flashlight apps work (I use tiny flashlight). stock torch is broken.

Sent from my SCH-I500

Reactions: hhp_211

skepticmisfit

Jul 25, 2013
oh man.. well... specifically with AOKP, it's really stable and really fast a lot of the time. scrolling and opening apps is way faster than in JB and KK roms. gaming is also a bit better too. benchmarks, though they don't usually matter on phones, actually do better with an ICS rom than in JB.

some quirks with AOKP are that built in Wi-Fi tethering doesn't work and that only like two flashlight apps work (I use tiny flashlight). stock torch is broken.

Sent from my SCH-I500

you can fix the wifi tethering issue by using Skunk works Glitch (0518 seems to be the only build still on the internet. if anyone has something newer PLEASE SHARE IT!) AOKP comes with IcyGlitch

Sent from my SCH-I500

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    :::::::... Kernels & Recoveries for || 4.4.x || KitKat Builds...::::::::

With:
    TWRP Recovery
    or
    CWM Recovery

Devil Kernel
    or
    AOSP || CM Based Stock Kernel

...……………………………
    ...……………………………
    Important...

DO NOT MIX
    A 4.4.X Kernels to 4.3.x, 4.2.x, Etc. ROMs

...……………………………
    ...……………………………

from the hard work of Recognized Developer - DerTeufel1980
    and those continuing to use his kernel mods

I have only put them into a standalone flashable .zip package ... Enjoy​

I take no responsibility if it messes anything up,,,, these work for me or I dont post them ,,, ,,,, make backups,,,, nandroids,,, whatever you favorite choice is...

:: If anyone needs a kernel I have not done up yet shoot me a reply or PM ::

Information and Compatibility
    >>>>> >>>> >>>
    Android 4.4.x
    These Kernels/Recovery are interchangeable across AOSP/CM/OMNI/PA ROMs ,,, {{ So feel free to mix & match accordingly }}

General method of installation:
    from Recovery:
    Install Zip
    Reboot
    Enjoy

these zips allow a Rom to boot into chosen Recovery/Kernel combination - including all other Devil Kernel tweaks with programs like the ones below

With some ROMs offering nightly builds sometimes these may not work with the newer nightly ROM builds, just depends on what gets changed.
    Just head the warnings and be prepared for possible incompatibility.

Tweaks --- Over Clocking and Kernel Control Programs --

>>>>> >>>> >>>

Devil Kernel Memory Tweak Options

-- 383mb -- Stock
    -- 396mb -- XL -- No known issues
    -- 408mb -- BigMem -- (Breaks only 720 Video Recording, 480p Video still works fine)
    -- 439mb -- Max Ram -- No Camera [picture or video] at all -- [your memory may vary]

Some of the more popular programs if your included one lacks some features
    >>>>> >>>> >>>

DevilTools by: DerTeufel
    DevilTools-1.1.2.apk :: http://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=2453825&d=1387010535
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2276036

Devil Kernel Manager
    DevilAppSGS.apk
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2558082
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.metalignus.devilappsgs&hl=en

Trickster MOD
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bigeyes0x0.trickstermod

ROM Toolbox Lite is excellent with the stuff available in it...
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.jrummy.liberty.toolbox&feature=search_result

I also found this nice Lulzactive controls app

specifically for the Lulzactive Governor and explains things nicely
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tegrak.lulzactive

>>>>> >>>> >>> >>>>> >>>> >>>

My Personal Favorite KitKat Devil settings are

100 Mhz CPU Min
    1000 Mhz CPU Max

Zen - I/O Scheduler
    Lulzactive - Governor || Smooth Ui = Off ||

Live O/C = 120% || OC Target Low = 1000 Mhz || OC Target High = 1000 Mhz ||

with that setting it it overclocks only the 1000 Mhz to = 1200 Mhz [ I still keep good battery life ]
    [ Live OC has the benefit of also OCing the GPU, from 200 -> 240 Mhz @120%]
    [ I also up the 1000 Mhz CPU Voltage setting +25 mV = 1300 mV, seems to help stability ]

396mb Memory

Zram 40%

Swappiness 80%

and SD read ahead 1024

Dirty Tweaks - Build Prop Mods::

PM Sleep Mode = 1 [Power Collapse (Best)
    Wifi Scan Interval = 1500 [1st set to anything 15-420, then manually edit build prop]
    dalvik.vm.heapstartsize = 12m [manually edit build prop]

I take no responsibility if it messes anything up,,,, these work for me or I dont post them,,, ,,,, make backups,,,, nandroids,,, whatever you favorite choice is...

::KERNEL LINKS::

Fascinate - 4.4 Kernels

My 4.4 Kernels Link ~ thanks AndroidFileHost.com

~~~ clickable Link ~~~ https://www.androidfilehost.com/?a=show&w=files&flid=9626
    --- New links show up in these first, before the "Direct Links" get posted

……………………………………

……………………………………

:: KERNEL Direct Links ::

:: :: 4.4 Kernel :: ::

Do not mix 4.4.x Kernels with 4.3.x and Earlier ROMs

2.1-cm11-4.4__TWRP_11-10-2013-fassy.zip
    http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23212708291679682

Made from:: [4.4] Unofficial CyanogenMod 11.0 || By: Unjustified Dev || http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2521427
    TWRP - Stock Kernel

Made from:: DIRTY UNICORNS[4.4.2][v5.0][OFFICIAL][TWRP 2.6.3.0][12-29-13] || By: BDogg718 || http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2591794.
    TWRP - Devil Kernel

3.1-kernel-cm11_cwm_4.4.2_01-04-2014-fassy.zip
    http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23269279319202535

Made from:: [4.4.2] Unofficial CyanogenMod 11 [1/4/14] || By: times_infinity || http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2598051
    CWM - Stock Kernel

3.6-cm-11-unjust-kernel_cwm-6.0.4.9__06-04-2014-fassy.zip
    http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23501681358551286

Made from:: cm-11-20140604-UNOFFICIAL-fascinatemtd
    CWM - didhiys kernel-by unjust

…………………………………………………
    …………………………………………………

Credits:
    BDogg718, Dirty Unicorns, Unjustified Dev, DerTeufel1980, Notta, AOSPA, Mazda, Cyanogenmod, PacMan Rom, jt1134, AOSP, Omni Rom, LasVegasRomeo, times_infinity, other developers, users, supporters and anyone else that has helped out!

How are you, well I used all the following methods to flash a samsung sch-i500 fascinate with different kernels & revoverys.

[ROM][4.4.2] Unofficial CyanogenMod 11 [1/4/14]
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2598051

[ROM][4.4] Unofficial CyanogenMod 11.0
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2521427

[GUIDE] Installing a Rom/CWM recovery/Root or going back to Stock
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1238070

But I always get the same error E: cant mount sd card

Note: I used diferent sd cards 2GB, 4GB class 4 and another one 32GB class 10.

Can anybody help me please.

Thanks for your help and great job.

restore back to stock firmware (depends on which fascinate variant you have) and after doing so, get to a cm10.1 ROM using this guide: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1238070
    after booting cm10.1, you can then take the required steps to flash cm11

Boot image break down

Boot.img contains
    * ramdisk
    *zImage/Kernel
    * recovery ramdisk

Newer phones layout

Also...
    What are its quirks?

————— ————— —————

Sent from my SCH-I500
    @Legitsu i don't know why you had so many issues. I loaded the pa beta 3 and after letting it boot 1st was able to then install the 3.5 twrp 2.7.0.

I don't recall testing any big mem, but i did have to switch to supersu 1.94, but i think that was more to do with the included superuser than anything. All other kernel/recovery functions seemed too work fine as well.

When I tried to to go with pa beta 3 and my 3.5 twrp 2.7.0 together before booting,, it just hung on the animation screen.

I've been testing out a lot of different ROMs / settings / tweaks in the last 36hrs so it's a bit fuzzy on all the different details

I even have a 4.4.2 kitkat PAC Rom compiled from source that boots and works really good for everything except No 3g data or mms service at all. Cell service was fine, could make calls, text and of course wifi worked too.

Just need to get that right commit
    For the data, but that's further I've gotten with any other rom so I'll see how it goes...

u can use my 4.4.2 device tree, its based from Unjustified dev;s TeamRegular branch, but may need a few mods here+there like if you dont want torch compiled on the device branch (as DU's OmniTorch had problems on this device for example)

https://github.com/kittleapps/android_device_samsung_fascinatemtd

but if you are not using Devil Kernel some prebuilt stuff should be removed as its how i transfered the items to, keep the apns-conf.xml prebuilt item tho as it fixes MMS on most roms (if not a mms.apk issue, like it some user apps like GO SMS can send mms but native mms.apk dont) =)

---------- Post added at 11:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:00 AM ----------

so you aren't getting com.android.phone has stopped working after booting once and flashing your kernel after I get the boot hang as well if i don't boot the stock kernel at least once but the com.android.phone FC's persist regardless
    are you running notta's pa_fascinatemtd-4.3-BETA3-20140506.zip or the newer pa_fascinatemtd-4.3-BETA3-20140508.zip its possible notta added a work around and didn't tell. he did say that 06 to 08 where virtually identical in his thread
    everything works on PA here 3g,sms everything
    edit: nope I tried his 08 build same issue with devil kernel I get com.android.phone FC's on boot I did complete format to be sure ..twice + I skipped installing gapps to make sure it wasn't related to that still FC's no matter what I do it boot.img is missing something that ASOP pa needs I am thinking of just getting a second hand
    Droid RAZR M or maxx

dont restore your data backup or com.android.phone, the dialer, SMS/MMS Storage, com.android.media, or contacts from backups, you can do just SMS/MMS messages but the whole data backup for them is usually different per-rom thus why titanium backup usually restores just the messages which are usually all in a .db database file or sometimes like really-older android a unsecured .xml file i think ive seen a couple times

as for Devil kernel, its using the same tree source as most other devil kernels but compiling with the sources may have other things put in it, as you could even compare what i use to others tbh, mines barely changed tbh other then TWRP 2.7.0.0 from omniroms bootable-Recovery branch/repo
    https://github.com/kittleapps/samsung-kernel-aries
    https://github.com/omnirom/android_bootable_recovery
    https://github.com/omnirom/android_kernel_samsung_aries
    but omnirom i think uses CM Kernel so im with an older kernel style for Devil so ill see what i could merge here+there for compatibility