JRom Flasher Link has malware

Search This thread

evo4g63t

Dec 20, 2013
Unfortunately since I cannot post in that particular forum I have to post in completely unrelated forum because of the ridiculous policies here. (though I do see why it is imposed but it sucks).

Anyway the link provided in this thread:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1902016&page=18

Will give you malware if you are not careful. In my opinion the moderators should not allow this, if you fail to pay attention and end up not unchecking "use our download manager" you WILL get infected with some nasty malware that is very persistent. Bitdefender didn't catch any of it and this is a antivirus program that updates at least 4 times per day.

I spent 3 hours removing the garbage this thing installs and I did not authorize any of the software installs that it asked me to install but it installed this garbage anyway.

If you've downloaded from the link provided in that thread and you are on Windows PLEASE check your computer, this thing didn't just hijack internet explorer it hijacked chrome too via extensions.

Please check your C:\Program Files\ directory for youtubeadremover folder. If you've got that folder you've got a disaster on your hands. Also check your Chrome extensions to verify that there are no extras in there.

To make it clear I'm not blaming the OP for this I am sure its the shaddy file sharing site that bundled this garbage.

Thanks guys, hope you don't find anything.

Reactions: PassingThruLife

espionage724

Feb 8, 2010
wiki.realmofespionage.xyz
OnePlus 6
And this is why I never approved of such one-click tools... I don't understand why people don't just get everything they need malware-free straight from Google and read a bit of information.

I haven't looked at the tool and can't verify the malware, but in any case, thanks for the heads up.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Unfortunately since I cannot post in that particular forum I have to post in completely unrelated forum because of the ridiculous policies here. (though I do see why it is imposed but it sucks).

Anyway the link provided in this thread:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1902016&page=18

Will give you malware if you are not careful. In my opinion the moderators should not allow this, if you fail to pay attention and end up not unchecking "use our download manager" you WILL get infected with some nasty malware that is very persistent. Bitdefender didn't catch any of it and this is a antivirus program that updates at least 4 times per day.

I spent 3 hours removing the garbage this thing installs and I did not authorize any of the software installs that it asked me to install but it installed this garbage anyway.

If you've downloaded from the link provided in that thread and you are on Windows PLEASE check your computer, this thing didn't just hijack internet explorer it hijacked chrome too via extensions.

Please check your C:\Program Files\ directory for youtubeadremover folder. If you've got that folder you've got a disaster on your hands. Also check your Chrome extensions to verify that there are no extras in there.

To make it clear I'm not blaming the OP for this I am sure its the shaddy file sharing site that bundled this garbage.

Thanks guys, hope you don't find anything.