Im deciding on either 16 or 32 gig moto X. Is 16 gigs good enough for most of you?

Search This thread

Neogx

Jan 25, 2014
san
I lost my nexus 4 about 8 months ago and havent had a android phone since then and deciding if 16 gigs is enough or if i should head to the 32 gig moto x

Last edited:

eksasol

Nov 22, 2009
You will have 11gb of space to start of with 16gb version. Get the 32gb version.

sent via tapatalk

KidJoe

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Aug 23, 2008
Thorndale/Romansville, PA
You will have 11gb of space to start of with 16gb version. Get the 32gb version.

sent via tapatalk
I agree. I had a 16 gig demo X from Verizon (perk of my job) before purchasing one. The 11gig free on the 16gig model was not enough for my apps, music, pictures and taking video of my son when needed (rather than always carrying a digital camera with me too). I purchased a Dev Edition just so I could get a 32gig model (since it was the only way to get 32gig on VZW at the time).

It might cost a little more up front, but since there is no microSD slot, you can't add space later if you need it!!!

In the past people could justify by saying "if 16 isn't enough in the future should I need it, I'll just sell this on ebay/craigslist/etc and it will cover the cost of a new phone." But with Moto lowering the X's retail price like they have, you can't count on future resale value anymore.

cheaplikeafox

Feb 2, 2011
it depends if you plan on storing a lot of apps, music, pics, and videos. If you don't do any of that, then the 16 gb version should be adequate.

phositadc

May 7, 2010
Totally depends on the user. I only store about 3gb music on my phone and I don't really play games, so 16 is enough for me. But most seem to need 32.

Sent from my XT1053

D

Darth

This question will be different for everyone...kinda pointless asking others what's best for you. ;)

Sent from my Moto X cellular telephone...

brando56894

Dec 16, 2010
Jersey City
I went with the 32 GB dev edition since I didn't think 16 GB was enough. My S4 has 16 GB internal and it's good for most things, except if you want to store a lot of HD games, a few nandroid backups and/or Google Music. If you don't like the color of the dev edition, you can swap the backs relatively easily, just search around here.