how do you NOT let it boot back to Android

Search This thread

xdafly

Jul 3, 2010
these directions from the thread on ...if youre having trouble..
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=714250
If it does not show up at all, reboot the phone and try again, but do NOT let it boot back to Android. You can get back in to the bootloader by waiting until the 'HTC quietly brilliant' screen shows up and typing 'adb reboot bootloader' with the usb cable attached.

have reformatted sdcard with external card reader to fat32, copied liberated....zip onto the drive and inserted back into phone (while it was powered off)

each time the .... adb devices fails to see it and android loads it makes changes to the sdcard, inserting one or two directories

modest_mandroid

May 23, 2010
these directions from the thread on ...if youre having trouble..
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=714250
If it does not show up at all, reboot the phone and try again, but do NOT let it boot back to Android. You can get back in to the bootloader by waiting until the 'HTC quietly brilliant' screen shows up and typing 'adb reboot bootloader' with the usb cable attached.

have reformatted sdcard with external card reader to fat32, copied liberated....zip onto the drive and inserted back into phone (while it was powered off)

each time the .... adb devices fails to see it and android loads it makes changes to the sdcard, inserting one or two directories

Does it show up in adb devices after it has booted to android? It sounds like you're missing some drivers. You should really do this from linux or osx to avoid driver issues - try downloading a linux livecd.

Troggie

Jul 6, 2010
I was having a similar issue.. here is what I did to fix it.

First I made sure it could be seen by ADB loop when the phone was not in the bootloader screen. Then I shut it down and reformatted the SDcard in an external card reader.

Open up 2 command prompt windows and start loop in one and have this adb command in another "adb reboot bootloader" but do not hit enter.

Reboot the phone while plugged in to the USB and during the HTC boot screen you should see the phone show up in the loop this is when you hit enter on the adb command it will then reboot the phone to the bootloader screen and follow the instructions from there to flash the rom/root.

Last edited: