[BUG] ADWLauncher EX Customize Menu failure

Search This thread

ScottHW

Sep 23, 2010
I recently upgraded from the CM7 stock ADW.Launcher (1.3.6) to ADWLauncher EX 1.2.2.
Firstly, I want to support the Dev of one of the best and most popular Apps out there.

The Feature I was most interested in was the ability to edit the Menu (I hate that More \|/ dropdown, totally unnecessary clicking).

When I try to do this:
Menu>More>ADWSettings>General Behavior>System Preferences>Customize Menu>
and then uncheck items, and/or move them around, the changes don't stick when I go back to my Home Screen.
Or more accurately, they stick about 1 in 20 tries, but I have found no rhyme or reason to it.

Anyone else experienced this same problem?

I was also discussing this on the CM Forum
http://forum.cyanogenmod.com/topic/18309-force-adwlauncher-settings-into-settings-menu/
And I'll post a comment directly on the ADWLauncher EX page as well
http://jbthemes.com/anderweb/2011/01/adwlauncher-ex-1-2-2-released/#comments

Last edited:

ScottHW

Sep 23, 2010
Workaround

Well, I think this is almost certainly a bug, but I did figure out a workaround.
  • Menu>More>ADWSettings>General Behavior>System Preferences>Customize Menu>
  • Make the change(s) you want
  • Press Back button
  • Click back into Customize Menu>
  • Make the change(s) you want again
  • Press Home button

Last edited:
Reactions: HeavenlySin

si3eck684

Jan 14, 2009
A way to put the ADW Launcher EX menu back into the settings menu?

I read your post on the other forum and was wondering if you or others have found a way to put the ADW Launcher EX menu back into the settings menu?

Once I purchased the EX version, made it my default, and deleted the regular ADW launcher, the ADW menu disappeared from the settings menu. I also tried to use root manager and move the file to /system/app folder from the /data/app, rebooted but nothing shows up.

Anyone have a solution to this?

Last edited:

ScottHW

Sep 23, 2010
No solution yet

I read your post on the other forum and was wondering if you or others have found a way to put the ADW Launcher EX menu back into the settings menu?

Sorry to say, I haven't really come up with anything yet.

For the time being, I have settled on using the Customize Menu option, according to the hack I described above.

Since my [REQUEST] in the CM forum went totally unresponded, I think I will submit it in the Bug Tracker.

Skrki was discussing how Requests should be best handled, but until a more unified (and possibly democratic) approach is implemented, I think I'll just double-post in the Forums and Bug Tracker, and give links to each other.

si3eck684

Jan 14, 2009
I asked some devs here as well and they don't seem to know either... Let us know here if anyone reponds to you from the CM forums with an answer :) thanks!

Last edited:

jamRwoo

Aug 22, 2011
Greenville, SC
This continues to be an issue...Customize Menu still does nothing, the workaround previously mentions seems to have some effect, but half of the menu items don't show up at all, regardless of what I do.

It's driving me nuts that I can't access the "Manage Apps" or "Remove Catalog" options...I don't even know what they do but they sound useful.

Has any progress been made on this?

AGStumps8807

Oct 29, 2010
I've tried using the workaround. It works, but not for the "Manage Apps". It is listed as enabled, but doesn't show. By far my most used menu item on stock, wish I could have it here.

Jul 24, 2010
So glad I found this thread confirming that I'm not crazy. No matter what I do the 'Manage Apps' button doesn't show up. Everything else seems to work fine, but this one button doesn't show. This happened on both my stock unrooted Nexus One and on a CM7 Nexus one (both with ADW Launcher EX). Since its been awhile anyone has posted here, as anyone found a solution yet?

Thanks.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Workaround

Well, I think this is almost certainly a bug, but I did figure out a workaround.
    • Menu>More>ADWSettings>General Behavior>System Preferences>Customize Menu>
    • Make the change(s) you want
    • Press Back button
    • Click back into Customize Menu>
    • Make the change(s) you want again
    • Press Home button