Anyone returning the Note?

Search This thread

samoevn

Feb 11, 2012
Hi, is anyone thinking of returning the Note because of it's BIG SIZE?
I can't get use to the SIZE.

orangekid

Sr. Mod / Mod Committee / RC-RT Committee
Staff member
Apr 10, 2009
...you got a device that you knew was bigger. why would anyone that actually researched this return it based on a static variable like size

lol, so true.

We all got this thing partly because it IS so big, it's like returning a GN because it runs ICS...

paleh0rse

Jan 4, 2011
I'm actually using the next 27 days to decide whether or not I can get used to the size -- which also gives me a chance to see what new AT&T phones get announced at MWC... if any?

That said, my impressions so far: this phone is f'n gorgeous, it's fast/smooth as hell (especially overclocked to 1.8+), and I'm currently leaning toward keeping it regardless of what they show at MWC! :)

EvoXOhio

Mar 23, 2011
There's a few annoyances and sometimes the size makes it hard to do some things one handed, but those are minor compared to the benefits. I have always used my smartphones as a mobile computing device first and a phone second, so for me I wanted the largest pocketable phone with the best display. The Note beats everything hands down in that way.

Yesterday I picked up my 4.3" HTC Inspire and it felt tiny in comparison. I can never go back to a smaller display now. Like I said, there are some trade-offs with a device this bug, but the benefits far outweigh the negatives as far as I'm concerned.

jpeg42

Jul 22, 2010
Oregon
Unless there is a super shocker of a Note 2 with beefed up hardware at MWC or something as big, I don't think anything could pull me away. Honestly, I would pick the size of this phone over the next small screen quad cores (for right now at least :D).

ARTAQaf

Feb 7, 2012
Western NY State
back to the OP's question...sure i've thought about returning it samoevn. it is larger in my pockets than i had imagined, not the most practical in that respect. for me though the pro's are outweighing the impracticality of fitting it in my pockets comfortably. it is only uncomfortable when i kneel down to tie my shoes or work on someone's carpet in my carpet cleaning business, so several times a day it is an annoyance.

23 more days to decide :cool:

budco2000

Jan 18, 2011
Tampa, Florida
After having the international Galaxy SII I decided that it was the best phone out there, and I would not replace it until the SIII came out. LG and HTC phone just don't impress me. Then I read about the upcoming NOTE, and I thought wow, I'm getting that phone on launch day, and so I did. The screen size and resolution alone is why I bought my galaxy note. I'm keeping mine awhile.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note via: tapatalk

jamesd86

Feb 7, 2009
Delaware
back to the OP's question...sure i've thought about returning it samoevn. it is larger in my pockets than i had imagined, not the most practical in that respect. for me though the pro's are outweighing the impracticality of fitting it in my pockets comfortably. it is only uncomfortable when i kneel down to tie my shoes or work on someone's carpet in my carpet cleaning business, so several times a day it is an annoyance.

23 more days to decide :cool:

Maybe because where I work I'm not allowed to have my cell phone but seeing people on their personal phones while working irritates the hell out of me. I understand if its a work phone but God damnit you have 8 hours or so that someone is paying you to work not play angry birds or words with friends.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using xda premium

greyhulk

Jan 14, 2009
Mine was actually a given to me, so I don't really have to worry about taking it back within a specific time frame.

That being said, I still have my Skyrocket and I can always go back to that. Truth is, though, I can't imaging going back to a smaller device, even for the ability to one-hand text. And battery life is so much better on my Note than it was on my Skyrocket.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ...you got a device that you knew was bigger. why would anyone that actually researched this return it based on a static variable like size

I think there are more owners here who bought it BECAUSE of its size.
    Maybe because where I work I'm not allowed to have my cell phone but seeing people on their personal phones while working irritates the hell out of me. I understand if its a work phone but God damnit you have 8 hours or so that someone is paying you to work not play angry birds or words with friends.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using xda premium
    directed at me i guess? lol.

as i said, i use it in my own business...i don't work for a typical boss. i use the Gnote for 3 things whilst i am in a clients home or office: 1) Stylus jot's down notes (dimensions, the client's dog's name, price/quote, etc...) 2) Clock app has a timer so i can time how long my prespray is down for before i have to extract it. 3) to check the time.

i hope that doesn't irritate the hell out of you :D :p
    Thanx for the reply's guys

thanks for making me laugh guy:D
    I did. Not because I didn't like the phone but because I wanted to keep my unlimited with Verizon instead of 3gb for $30 with at&t. I'll revisit the note if and when it comes to Verizon.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Yeah you gotta be crazy to give up a Unlimited Data plan regardless of what other carriers have.

Galaxy Nexus & Unlimited Data > *

Edit: And Verizon don't give anyone crap about illegal tethering, yet.