Dropped my phone, black screen (replace with D710 screen?)

Search This thread

Iconic24

Mar 3, 2012
Well I dropped my phone a few days and now all I have is a black screen. I figure I need a new digitizer and lcd screen but all the parts for the t989 are really expensive. So I was wondering if I could use the digitizer/lcd screen from the Sprint Galaxy S2 D710 since both our phones have the same sized screen, that way I could save myself a lot of money.

Hopefully someone can help me out I'm already tired of using a blackberry!

Last edited:

soupysoup

Jun 13, 2013
norwich
Well I dropped my phone a few days and now all I have is a black screen. I figure I need a new digitizer and lcd screen but all the parts for the t989 are really expensive. So I was wondering if I could use the digitizer/lcd screen from the Sprint Galaxy S2 D710 since both our phones have the same sized screen, that way I could save myself a lot of money.

Hopefully someone can help me out I'm already tired of using a blackberry!

Oh no lol a blackberry ewwww lol, it may work, but remember just because it's the same size does not mean it will work , there may be different connections and hardware issues connected to the different (hardware anyway) phones

Sent from my SGH-T989 using xda premium

Iconic24

Mar 3, 2012
Oh no lol a blackberry ewwww lol, it may work, but remember just because it's the same size does not mean it will work , there may be different connections and hardware issues connected to the different (hardware anyway) phones

Lol tell me about it, you don't even know how much I miss my S2 right now. Yeah I know the dimensions of the screen are the same but I don't know if the connections are the same

soupysoup

Jun 13, 2013
norwich
Lol tell me about it, you don't even know how much I miss my S2 right now. Yeah I know the dimensions of the screen are the same but I don't know if the connections are the same

Yeah that's what I'm talking about, it may be the same dimension, but it could be completely different hardware lol and that's a whole new issue u don't want, I was without my gs2 for almost 4hrs due to a bad update through kies lol worst 4hrs ever, looked at my trusty backup (zte merrit z990g) and almost cried, luckly it was a very easy fix

gravitysandwich

Jan 30, 2013
Isn't the amoled display different than the one you want to replace? I mean its just the calibration so I guess it won't matter, and I'm almost positive the connectors are different. I would go for it though, and you might learn something too:D
Well anyways sucks for your screen :/ and that you can't use your sg2

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda premium