[X51V] ROM WM6.5.1 VOIP Professional (WWE, ESN)

Search This thread

makuu

May 26, 2006
[X51V] ROM WM6.5.1 VOIP Professional (WWE, ESN)​

My First thanks to Football. He was there to answer some questions when I was starting learning cooking for the x51v. I also want to thank Dking for providing the new 2700g drivers and DA_G for the WM6.5 builds.

This thread is actually a continuation of this one, where I have released some WM6.1 private professional rom for the axim.

This rom is indeed a full professional rom, with this rom your x51v is not a PDA anymore, it will just become a real VOIP Pdaphone.

What is the difference between a x51v regular rom with a VOIP software (like Sjphone) and this WM6.5 VOIP rom?

Here are the main benifits once your axim is properly configured:

- You only need to turn on your wifi to place or receive VOIP call (You don't need to start any software because the VOIP is native on the OS)
- You can call directly from your contact
- You can import call log and dialed number from any other phone using PimBackup
- There are three way to check your PDAphone is connected to the VOIP network
1/ You can see the two network call bar from the top bar
2/ You can use the VOIP today plugin
3/ You can see your VOIP network from the phone application itself.

Status of the roms:

Rom (5C0B) 5.2.23563 WM6.5.5 com5 branch : PRO release
A11: WM6.5.5 PRO (23563) WWEhttp://rapidshare.com/files/385083548/DiAd_K_AximX51v_WM65_A11_5C0B_WWE_pro.zip

makuu_pro5C0B090510.png

This is the A11 final concept with optimized themes for file system performance improvement.

features:
--IE6 Mobile
--native VOIP
--Showcase.
--hibernate.
--screen capture.
--dking 2700G driver
--patched Wireless Manager
--TCPMP with finger friendly skin
-- Default theme (stylus UI) for low memory consumption (a lite version of the original Rock and Republick black theme)
--Titanium weather & wireless pluggin (via UC)
--Office 2010 (via UC)
--FingerKB (via UC)
--file system optimized original WM6.5 Finger UI theme: DVF Green, Isaac Mizrahi purple, Rock and Republic black, Vera Wang Red (via UC)
--file system optimized Elcondor WM6.5 Finger UI theme: Condor GT Black Edition (via UC)
--All 6.5 Extra (via UC)
--a 450 Ko dking DKLogo slot, that you can use to customize the x51v Boot Logo with dking Dell Logo Utility. The slot is preloaded with default Dell boot screen, you can put a compressed image up to 450 Ko (to compare with the Dell original logo that weight 120 Ko compressed).

--This branch has magnifier feature and new contact management.
This rom have a default page pool value of 12 Mo

Trick: if you need more memory switch to default theme and inactivate titanium, when memory is not an issue just use a Finger UI theme & titanium.
Customize UC if you don't need all 6.5 components. You can also run this rom on a 64 Mo device but then change pagepool to 3.2 Mo and don't use all the 6.5 components refer to the lite thread and check memory consumption table. Compared to a classic rom this rom will use about 2 Mo more because it's a pro rom and runs VOIP phone processes. So If you don't need a pro rom, just take the lite classic 5C0B nb0 together with the 6.5 packages of this rom, you will then get a full 6.5 classic rom.

Roms (5A2D) 5.2.23547PRO_VOIP WM6.5.5 com5 ("Finger UI"): E01 release (special thanks to Shadrac)
E01: WM6.5.5 VOIP Pro (23547) WWE 4 Mo Extendir
features:
--12 Mo pagepool.
--both IE6 Mobile.
--dking 2700G driver
--TCPMP with finger friendly skin (via UC)
--Titanium weather & wireless pluggin (via UC)
--Office 2010 (via UC)
--a 450 Ko dking DKLogo slot, that you can use to customize the x51v Boot Logo with dking Dell Logo Utility. The slot is preloaded with default WM6.1 welcome screen, you can put a compressed image up to 450 Ko (to compare with the Dell original logo that weight 120 Ko compressed).
--ThisPro rom have native VOIP plus all WM6.5 extra that can be installed using Shadrac PresetInstaller (so you can actually have a full WM6.5 rom in your axim)
To know more about the incredible Extendir feature read this thread.
At first boot both rom will installed the mandatory package via UC (be patient during this phase), at second boot PresetInstaller will be automatically launched so you can install extra package using preselection or chosen by yourself.
It means that if you want to hard reset your device you need to have you SD card to installed the mandatory packages. ( or your system won't be stable).
Extendir roms have been tested with older French builds, those roms perform better but might conflict with other softwares (and then become unstable).
If you don't want extendir and you have a 128 Mo x51v, you can use the A11: WM6.5.5 Classic lite(23547) WWE romhttp://rapidshare.com/files/372747495/DiAd_K_AximX51v_WM65_A11_5BFB_WWE_lite.zip and apply this packagehttp://rapidshare.com/files/372759098/Full6.5gui_for_5BFB_lite.zip to transform the WM6.5 lite OS into a regular one (You should also increase the pagepool value). Then you can check the WM6.5 extra from A11 Extended rom package to see if they are compatible.

Roms (5574) 5.2.21876 WM6.5.x com2 ("Stylus UI"): A11 pro & classic releases
A11: WM6.5.x VOIP Pro (21876) WWE
A11: WM6.5.x Classic (21876) WWE
features:
--both IE6 Mobile and PIE are available.
--dking 2700G driver
--a 450 Ko dking DKLogo slot, that you can use to customize the x51v Boot Logo with dking Dell Logo Utility. The slot is preloaded with default WM6.1 welcome screen, you can put a compressed image up to 450 Ko (to compare with the Dell original logo that weight 120 Ko compressed).
Adobe Flash lite is only included in the classic rom. To add any other WM6.5 feature try to use A11 5A2D extended packages (however I haven't check the compatibility).

Roms (5A2D) 5.2.23085 PRO_VOIP WM6.5.1 com3 ("Finger UI"): E01 & A11 releases (special thanks to Shadrac)
E01: WM6.5.x VOIP Pro (23085) WWE 4 Mo Extendir

makuu_today_240909.png

A11: WM6.5.x VOIP Pro (23085) WWE Extended
features:
--both IE6 Mobile and PIE are available.
--dking 2700G driver
--Those Pro rom have native VOIP plus all WM6.5 extra that can be installed using Shadrac PresetInstaller (so you can actually have a full WM6.5 rom in your axim)
To know more about the incredible Extendir feature read this thread.
The A11 Extended rom is based on the concept used to build the E01 extendir rom but without the extendir feature. I've build it only for those that have 64 Mo ram x51v and also to be compare with the E01 ( performances ).
At first boot both rom will installed the mandatory package via UC (be patient during this phase that is especially long for the A11 rom), at second boot PresetInstaller will be automatically launched so you can install extra package using preselection or chosen by yourself.
It means that if you want to hard reset your device you need to have you SD card to installed the mandatory packages. ( or your system won't be stable).
Extendir roms have been tested with older French builds, those roms perform better but might conflict with other softwares (and then become unstable).

Check the bench results

Tip for downloading from rapidshare: use jdownloader.

Rom A10 (5A14) 5.2.23060 PRO_VOIP WM6.5.1 ("Finger UI"):

WM6.5.1 Professional - CE OS 5.2.23060 (Build 23060.5.3.0) with "4.8 MB Pagepool"

And includes the following

-- Native VOIP support
-- Setup VOIP from Schap to configure your VOIP setup.
-- SDHC support
-- WPA-TSK vagus fix.
-- NetCF 3.5
-- IE6 with Adobe Flash 3.1
-- DF's PIM Backup 2.8 (a replacement for Data Backup)
-- aximsite wireless switcher
-- screen capture, a simple screen capture utility
-- GSFinder+, an alternative to the OOTB file explorer
-- MortScrip 4.1
-- FingerKeyboard 2.1 (a replacement for MS Keyboard and a must for a "Finger UI" rom, more skins, keyboard and instructions here)
-- UC ROM capability (with New Windows Live package and his SDCOnfig.txt file )

(notifications bus solved)

Rom A10 (5A0D) 5.2.23053 PRO_VOIP WM6.5.1 ("Finger UI"):
WM6.5.1 Professional - CE OS 5.2.23053 (Build 23053.5.3.0) with "4.8 MB Pagepool"
Bug with notifications.

Rom A10 (5B74) 5.2.23412 PRO_VOIP WM6.5.1 ("Finger UI"):
Aternative rom (older build) but notification are OK also it includes new contact management (including icons).

You can use Paveld PPeditor if you want to change PagePool and generate a new crc file. (Thanks Paveld & wllw from 4pda)
Instruction to use Paveld PPeditor

To properly run these rom it's recommended to use a 128 Mo ram upgraded x51v.

If you like my roms and you wish to donate.

Attachments

• Paveld_PPEditor.zip
    337.2 KB · Views: 873
Last edited:

makuu

May 26, 2006
Localized versions status​

makuu_081009esnWM65.png

ESN has been released.

Sorry I don't plan to cook anymore GER, ITA roms.

FRA in beta stage.

Last edited:

makuu

May 26, 2006
Tips & Tricks​

-- Release a maximum of memory to use a WM6.5 rom with a 64 Mo x51v:

This trick comes from raynda:

1. Disable Titanium plugins - 1-3MB free RAM
2. Disable WM6.5 Start Menu via utak3r's QuickMenu cab *IMPORTANT* - The start button is now on the bottom of the screen, and the utak3r cab is designed for the previous version of WM6.5, there is no icon in the top left corner. However, QuickMenu is still there and still works and the default Start Menu is still disabled. Be aware though, the top taskbar slide menu (containing Wifi, Volume, Power, etc. options) will be disabled and a buggy box will appear if you tap on those icons.
3. To disable the phone drivers and free up 3-4MB RAM, you can do one of two things.
- Safest method - use a registry search program, such as SKTools, and search for the terms "cell", "voip", "phone", and "dialer", and delete the information in each entry.
- Not so safe method, but works and totally disables phone drivers - create a fake "cprog.exe" and copy over the default "cprog.exe" into the Windows folder. When you soft reset, the drivers won't load, but you will get an error message that "Cprog.exe" isn't signed. You can tap "ok" until the error message goes away.
4. If you don't use Bluetooth, IrDA, or GPS, these drivers can be disabled completely in the registry. To do this, go to HKLM>Drivers and empty the keys for the devices you want to disable. Don't delete the entries, but delete the information in the entries. (Example - don't delete "DWORD - Keep - 1", but delete the 1 from the DWORD. Some keys will regenerate themselves if you delete them entirely, but if you delete the information in the key, they will not regenerate.)
5. HKLM>System>GWE contains some DWORDS that can free up 1-2MB RAM as well, such as "EnableLayeredWindows".

Using these tricks, and totally disabling all Bluetooth references in the registry, I have reached 32MB free RAM. This also was done while still increasing the GlyphCache to 16384.

Another trick - setting the DWORD to "1" instead of "0" in HKLM>System>StorageManager>Filters>replxfilt DWORD "DoImmaculate" will free up a little bit of RAM at the cost of a slightly longer boot time.

Another trick - search the registry for all "Camera" entries and make sure that the entry for Camera is disabled. (DWORD value for Camera should be "0" instead)

Another trick - Set HKLM>Snd>Event>EventCache from 1536 to 0 or 1.

Some more tricks from mtal1:

here & here

-- Connect with wifi using WPA/TKIP+AES:

This trick comes from francky37:

When trying to connect with wifi using WPA/TKIP+AES, it keeps asking pass-phrase without successfully connect.
To solve this go to settings and force TKIP mode, once done it will sucessfully connect each time you'll try.

-- Black Glossy skin for WM651 (from francky37):

capscr0001t.png
capscr0002.png

-- Sense clock widget and theme (from aneto):

csenseclock.jpg

Last edited:

cgs

Jul 26, 2007
maximum RAM

This is excellent makuu, thanks so much.

I am trying to get the most free RAM that I can and would like more details
on disabling the phone features.

Step 3 says to search for "cell", "voip", "phone", and "dialer"

Do I search for whole words only?
Either way there are quite a few locations found.

-What problems could result from using the 'fake' cprog.exe?

-Is there any chance of releasing a cab file to disable these phone drivers?

thanks again, I am grateful for your efforts :)

raynda

Mar 6, 2009
Step 3 says to search for "cell", "voip", "phone", and "dialer"

Do I search for whole words only? Yes, and when I did it, "regular expressions" was unticked. It's best to do this directly after a flash with no software installed so that you don't accidentally mess up anything with Skype or similar programs if you use them. I suggest also that if you do this, you check each search result before deleting anything. I haven't had any problems from doing this, but that doesn't necessarily mean everyone else won't.
Also, there is a mortscript entry in your Windows folder named "VOIP". Make sure to remove that from your startup items.

-What problems could result from using the 'fake' cprog.exe? You'll get an error message every time you soft reset telling you that the current "Cprog.exe" is not signed with a trusted certificate. You have to tap "ok" 4 or 5 times to get it to go away, and it's a bit annoying but if you can live with that or figure out a better way to create a fake "cprog.exe", then the phone drivers will not launch on startup, freeing up 3-5MB RAM.

-Is there any chance of releasing a cab file to disable these phone drivers? I can't speak for Makuu, but I think it might be tough, unless someone creates a dummy cprog.exe, signs it, and then creates a CAB package that copies that exe file into the Windows directory.

raynda

Mar 6, 2009
How I typically get 30-32MB free RAM with WM6.5

This is how I do it when I flash 6.5, but it isn't for everyone's usage. A big part of it is disabling all IR and Bluetooth drivers since I don't use them and they eat RAM.

1. Change Input Method options to disable all auto correcting and word suggestion.

2. Change Error Reporting to disabled and change the Cache DWORDS for Error Reporting in the registry to 0.

3. Change GPS Settings - Untick the box for "Automatically Manage GPS"

4. Install SKTools and delete all Bluetooth related services in the Services options, especially OBEX. Google the services that you can manage here and either delete or change to manual anything that you find you don't need. (But don't change "Notify", or you won't be able to install any cabs!)

5. Disable any drivers you don't use with SKTools, I always disable all IR, Bluetooth, Cell, SMS, SmartCard, and GPS drivers with SKTools, then I come behind myself and make sure that any registry entries for any of these things are blank. (Note - not deleted altogether, but blank.)

6. Install the utak3r cab to disable the start menu.

7. Install the nueNoBar cab which can be found here on XDA after installing the utak3r cab to completely get rid of the bottom taskbar since you don't need it an it eats about 1 MB RAM.

8. Search the registry for Camera entries and disable them.

raynda

Mar 6, 2009
Also

Also, I'm not sure if my logic is right on this, but I think that if one disables everything that I disable, they can get away with a smaller pagepool. If I strip down my OS like I just mentioned, I usually also lower the pagepool to 3.2MB as well, and that helps.

Also, there's a second DWORD (limit0 - 73728) in your GlyphCache that can be deleted.

raynda

Mar 6, 2009
FYI - If you don't want to pay for or use a cracked version of SKTools, you can do all of the things I mentioned above with dotFred's Task Manager.

Top Liked Posts