[Q] Sony Z1 C6903 root issues

Search This thread
Hi guys

I have a problem whenever I flash my rom using the flashtool64bit version 09.15.0 build on 15-13-2014 it works fines I can get into the Xperia OS no issues there

I then enable developer option and apply security setting so it allows third party apps to be install.

I then apply the ADB and fastboot run the command as per fastboot flash boot boot.img this too works fine.

I enter CWN ROM manager by turning the power off holding the vol button up and down , and here is my problem

when I select the file Update-superuserv2.zip it runs fine no errors there my problem is when I reboot at this stage

I get "Sony" logo and it just goes into a while loop nor matter how many times I reflash

additional information

I manage to unlock the bootloader
I followed instruction to to root the device

again nor matter what method I tried I can't by pass the "sony" logo to fix this I have to reflash again and this does work but when I install Clockwork it states the device is not rooted ?

I am a totally newbie to this and really would appreciate a dummy proof instruction please.

That will not work as there is no recovery partition on an xperia device

Just flash a custom kernel, it will contain recovery.

thanks again for that reply , now I am going to sound very dumb , where can I download a custom kernel, from .

I have try downloading the ftf file from xperiafirmware dot com/8-firmware/42-sony-xperia-z1-c6903 site , issue when I install the ROM manager from clockwork it states "You must root your phone for ROM manager to function SuperUser vas not found at /system/bin/su" I have already applied UPDATE_SuperSUv2.zip file via the boot process where you press the vol button up and down , the issue is when it reboot it does not pass the "sony" logo just goes into while loop

Last edited:
just look in the development section of the exact same forum you are posting in....

hey buddy thanks for the supported I sorted it my device is now rooted , and its my first time

I used this instruction androidadvices.com/root-install-cwm-recovery-sony-xperia-z1-android-phone-guide/#.U6whr3lOUdU
from the site it worked , best part about the instruction is each step they provide you with the file you need to download and that really makes it easy .

thanks again