Post your battery life results !

Search This thread

levis007

Nov 3, 2012
Post your Sony Xperia M battery life results !

i dont own the phone yet but i am buying tonight :cyclops:

Dr Goodvibes

Dec 8, 2011
Rooted, de-bloated and SetCPU screen off profile(s), my mother's phone lasts 3-5 days. Txt, odd short phone call, email, calendar, WhatsApp and card games. In good Telephony area with excellent GSM signal all the time. Can go 13hrs after charging with battery still at 100%, when phone is not used.
5GHz WiFi on when display is active or charger connected.

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk

Hellomouse

Apr 13, 2011
Hanoi
My result, normal use, auto sync, wifi, 3G...

Sent from my C1905

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1390397757761.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1390397757761.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 623

d14gvn

Dec 25, 2010
Concepción
my girlfriend's phone (xperia M 1904 stock non rooted) at least have 10 hour of battery life, only WiFi sometimes, never 3G, a couple of calls, whatsapp sometimes...
She is not the kind of person that uses her phone all day, instead of that she trows it in her bed.
Why is so poor battery life?

Sorry for bad english.

rizla2

Jul 2, 2013
4.3(latest firmware): 1 day 1 hour, screen on time 5h and 41m, wifi on most of the time, i have been playing some heavy games, watching youtube, browsing the web etc....

Android Bob

May 7, 2014
7 days on battery

Model: Xperia C1905
Build: 15.4.A.0.23 (Android 4.3)
Battery: Mugen Power 1900mAh
Single Charge: 7days 2hours
WiFi: 8:30 - 23:00
Mobile Data: Off
NFC: On
Root Access: Yes
Stamina Mode: Off
Usage: No gaming, video or extended screen use. Just light use.

attachment.php

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Update

For firmware build 15.4.A.1.9 (Android 4.3) Sony states:

Included in this software

This upgrade for your Xperia™ smartphone includes many improvements, such as:

Enhanced user experience
Improved battery life
Software performance improvements

Nice to know, we get even more battery life out of a single charge.

Attachments

• Telephony.jpg
    Telephony.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 968
Last edited:

BlackArtsInc

Apr 26, 2012
Athens

7 days? So what? You almost do not use the phone at all.
I'm getting around 15-16h with sync,Wi-Fi or H+ data on (one or the other is on all the time),calls 1h+,screen time around 3-4h and no energy leaks (no more than 3-4% according to Wakelock Detector).
So yes,a Mugen battery would help maybe extend this to 20h.
It's only a 10% bump really (1750 to 1900mAh) at 45$!
If I charge the phone and leave it on overnight I easily get 24h but it's not really relevant since I need to charge it again at noon the next day...
N.

Not sent from my Xperia.

Reactions: Android Bob

Android Bob

May 7, 2014

True, everybody's usage is different at given times.

I was using another phone and I just had the chance to let an Xperia M idle for a week with only 1½ hours of light screen use.
Mail, Calendar, WhatsApp and numerous other apps were configured and active/sync'n, with background processes/services.
My main interest was to see what the telephony drain of maintaining a GSM signal with the phone's carrier over time would be.
I was happy that 97% of telephony was at the higher end of signal strength in the general area and that it only used ⅓ of the battery to maintain that signal over a week.

As a real controlled test, GSMArena Battery test for the Xperia M is one of the better ones for comparing battery life over various phones.

Besides, having a phone last for over a week on a single charge may be mooted often, but it's nice to know it can be done in real life AND that we can say 'so what' to boot, really extolls the virtue of an Xperia M (4" WVGA screen) and it's battery life.

Pity an XPERIA S(LT26) with 720p screen can't get half the battery life of the Xperia M on a 1700mAh battery *sigh*

Oh, one thing (amongst others) I found is that Sony TV Sideview woke the system 512 times (bringing it out of deep sleep) in a week when it wasn't even used compared to mail(kaiten) which only woke the system 337 times and was used. Google Play Service (927) and Android System (742) with time held awake loosely tracking the same apps. Poorly configured apps become more noticeable over a week of almost no use. ;)

[Update]

Build: 15.4.A.1.9 (Android 4.3)
Single Charge: 8days

The above indicates that battery life has not been compromised with the fw upgrade to 15.4.A.1.9 as I note a screen time of 1h 25m on this battery cycle in the same environment.

Last edited:
Reactions: BlackArtsInc

J-Zzz

Jun 11, 2014
Samsung Galaxy S21+
From 98%, travelling in my weekly 5-hour trip to work, airplane mode activated, almost 5 hours of non-stop video watching and listening to music, battery got down to 30%. Pretty impressive considering it almost always goes down to 5% whenever I tried the same thing before.

RedLedLight

Feb 18, 2014
I got a full day out of CM11 FXP330.
Heavy usage, gaming, videos and messing around with some new features :)

Sent from my C1905 using XDA Free mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I'm getting around 15-16h with sync,Wi-Fi or H+ data on (one or the other is on all the time),calls 1h+,screen time around 3-4h and no energy leaks (no more than 3-4% according to Wakelock Detector).
    So yes,a Mugen battery would help maybe extend this to 20h.
    It's only a 10% bump really (1750 to 1900mAh) at 45$!
    If I charge the phone and leave it on overnight I easily get 24h but it's not really relevant since I need to charge it again at noon the next day...
    N.

Not sent from my Xperia.

True, everybody's usage is different at given times.

I was using another phone and I just had the chance to let an Xperia M idle for a week with only 1½ hours of light screen use.
    Mail, Calendar, WhatsApp and numerous other apps were configured and active/sync'n, with background processes/services.
    My main interest was to see what the telephony drain of maintaining a GSM signal with the phone's carrier over time would be.
    I was happy that 97% of telephony was at the higher end of signal strength in the general area and that it only used ⅓ of the battery to maintain that signal over a week.

As a real controlled test, GSMArena Battery test for the Xperia M is one of the better ones for comparing battery life over various phones.

Besides, having a phone last for over a week on a single charge may be mooted often, but it's nice to know it can be done in real life AND that we can say 'so what' to boot, really extolls the virtue of an Xperia M (4" WVGA screen) and it's battery life.

Pity an XPERIA S(LT26) with 720p screen can't get half the battery life of the Xperia M on a 1700mAh battery *sigh*

Oh, one thing (amongst others) I found is that Sony TV Sideview woke the system 512 times (bringing it out of deep sleep) in a week when it wasn't even used compared to mail(kaiten) which only woke the system 337 times and was used. Google Play Service (927) and Android System (742) with time held awake loosely tracking the same apps. Poorly configured apps become more noticeable over a week of almost no use. ;)

[Update]

Build: 15.4.A.1.9 (Android 4.3)
    Single Charge: 8days

The above indicates that battery life has not been compromised with the fw upgrade to 15.4.A.1.9 as I note a screen time of 1h 25m on this battery cycle in the same environment.