[Q] Restore for warranty without cable

Search This thread

Jonage

Apr 7, 2007
Jablonec nad Nisou
Hi to all.
I have some issues with my S4 and want to have it treated on warranty, but the major issue is the USB connector NOT working.
It is charging somehow, but disconnecting and connecting all the time.

Another issues I have are the switching between Edge and HSPDA+, which is mostly not working, I have to switch it manually to H+ or GSM.
Also my screen is blinking, so I will send it back and never want to se that again.

But the problem is, that the original rom I had was Polish (it is unofficial distribution in my country) and I flashed it a few times, rooted, tried several ROMs but reverted back to original. Now there is German Rom installed - the official one, no Root or recowery, but I think the internal counter (Knox or how is called) is set up.

Is there any way to put it to the original shape with only access through SD card? Or do you think, will the service look for that counter?
Thanks for your replies.

Tkkg1994

Inactive Recognized Developer / Contributor
Jun 10, 2014
Coding City
Hi to all.
I have some issues with my S4 and want to have it treated on warranty, but the major issue is the USB connector NOT working.
It is charging somehow, but disconnecting and connecting all the time.

Another issues I have are the switching between Edge and HSPDA+, which is mostly not working, I have to switch it manually to H+ or GSM.
Also my screen is blinking, so I will send it back and never want to se that again.

But the problem is, that the original rom I had was Polish (it is unofficial distribution in my country) and I flashed it a few times, rooted, tried several ROMs but reverted back to original. Now there is German Rom installed - the official one, no Root or recowery, but I think the internal counter (Knox or how is called) is set up.

Is there any way to put it to the original shape with only access through SD card? Or do you think, will the service look for that counter?
Thanks for your replies.

The problem is, this counter is just for the services and seller... if Knox is 0x1 they wont repair it without costs. But you can try it anyway :)

Tkkg1994

Jun 10, 2014
Coding City
Thanks, I forgotten about that.
Yes, there is Know Warranty void: 0x1
Current banary: Samsung Official, System status: Official

If I help you, I would appreciate if you click thanks :D
So maybe your seller wont repair your phone...I would make a full wipe in your case and see if the problems still exist.

Tkkg1994

Jun 10, 2014
Coding City
Another thought, maybe the download mode connection to computer is working.

Try it, if yes, go to recovery and wipe all your user data, clicking clean to install a new rom (In philz touch recovery) and than flash the latest software from sammobile, searching your provider :)
than flash it in Odin3.09, select AP and than choose the downloaded rom (it must be a tar.md5 file.)

Top Liked Posts