[PORT] Ubuntu Touch for Nexus 5

Search This thread

ValoXis

Jun 2, 2012
Venus
Hi guys. :D

A few days ago, I've started the porting of Ubuntu Touch for Nexus 5 (hammerhead).

Changelog:

*** 4/1/2013 - 17:57 ***

Solved kernel problems. Now there are complications in the ROM. The system does not start despite loads all the drivers. He stands on the bootanimation with frame drops and brightness that goes from low to maximum. Adb works. MTP drivers are detected but not loading.

*** 2/1/2013 - 18:53 ***

Kernel need some changes, in cyanogenmod_hammerhead_defconfig first:

Code:
CONFIG_SYSVIPC=y
CONFIG_NAMESPACES=y
CONFIG_UTS_NS=y
CONFIG_IPC_NS=y
CONFIG_USER_NS=y
CONFIG_PID_NS=y
CONFIG_NET_NS=y
CONFIG_DEVTMPFS=y
CONFIG_DEVTMPFS_MOUNT=y
CONFIG_DEVPTS_MULTIPLE_INSTANCES=y
CONFIG_FSNOTIFY=y
CONFIG_DNOTIFY=y
CONFIG_INOTIFY_USER=y
CONFIG_FANOTIFY=y
CONFIG_FANOTIFY_ACCESS_PERMISSIONS=y
CONFIG_SWAP=y
# CONFIG_ANDROID_PARANOID_NETWORK is not set
CONFIG_VT=y
CONFIG_VT_CONSOLE=y

and AppArmor second.

You can found some infos here: Touch/Porting - Ubuntu Wiki #kernel[/QUOTE]

I need some help on ROM now: Any of you wants to help me? Contact me in PM.

First Alpha coming when anyone help me to understand the problem.

Google+ Community: [Nexus 5][Dev Only] Ubuntu Touch Porting

XDA:DevDB Information
Ubuntu Touch Porting for Nexus 5, a ROM for the Google Nexus 5

Contributors
ValoXis
Based On: CyanogenMod

Version Information

Created 2014-01-02
Last Updated 2014-01-04

nar7esh

Jul 22, 2012
Colombo
Ubuntu touch has the official support for only Nexus 4 right?

In the wiki they have mentioned as other nexus devices should work *theoretically* :D:D

ValoXis

Jun 2, 2012
Venus
Ubuntu touch has the official support for only Nexus 4 right?

In the wiki they have mentioned as other nexus devices should work *theoretically* :D:D

Theoretically! It not boot because I have some trouble to repack kernel and create android-ramdisk.img for hammerhead. If you have some ideas for that, you are welcome. :D

Can you post a logcat or dmesg while the system is booting?

I'm unable for now to post logcat. In a few hours I'll post some infos.

Nexus 5 with Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:

wishmasterf

Jan 13, 2011
Will Dual-Boot Android / Ubuntu be possible?

Off-Topic: I searched but find nothing. Is there already a project porting FirefoxOS?

Shiggity

Jun 29, 2007
Thanks OP! Go ahead and good luck with your porting and development. We will then have some more choice on using OS for our Nexus 5.

Holy crap! I'm totally watching the progress of this project! I'll gladly help alpha/beta test! Eagerly awaiting a download and install tutorial!

Also, I totally recommend heading on over to the #ubuntu-touch iRC channel if you're having any issues or experiencing roadblocks, as you seem to be at the moment. I'm not a developer. I'm just a mere enthusiast... but I'll do what I can to help make this UT ROM the best it can be. :) My hope would be that Cannonical themselves will bring out/release something at/before CES this year... but OP if you can add something into your version that the official one won't have, then that'd be awesome... like maybe KDE Plasma Active for the UI instead of Unity... I can dream right?

Last edited:

ickoicko

Oct 3, 2012
Pasig
Watching this project closely. With the specs of N5 and if this pulls off it would be a pretty amazing (read: fast) Ubuntu port to N5.

EDIT: if you need a tester I could help, just not with the coding stuff xD

Last edited:

ValoXis

Jun 2, 2012
Venus
Update 2

Update:

Kernel problems solved. Now there are complications in the ROM. The system doesn't start despite loads all the drivers. He stands on the bootanimation with frame drops and brightness that goes from low to maximum.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi guys. :D

A few days ago, I've started the porting of Ubuntu Touch for Nexus 5 (hammerhead).

Changelog:

*** 4/1/2013 - 17:57 ***

Solved kernel problems. Now there are complications in the ROM. The system does not start despite loads all the drivers. He stands on the bootanimation with frame drops and brightness that goes from low to maximum. Adb works. MTP drivers are detected but not loading.

*** 2/1/2013 - 18:53 ***

Kernel need some changes, in cyanogenmod_hammerhead_defconfig first:

Code:
    CONFIG_SYSVIPC=y
    CONFIG_NAMESPACES=y
    CONFIG_UTS_NS=y
    CONFIG_IPC_NS=y
    CONFIG_USER_NS=y
    CONFIG_PID_NS=y
    CONFIG_NET_NS=y
    CONFIG_DEVTMPFS=y
    CONFIG_DEVTMPFS_MOUNT=y
    CONFIG_DEVPTS_MULTIPLE_INSTANCES=y
    CONFIG_FSNOTIFY=y
    CONFIG_DNOTIFY=y
    CONFIG_INOTIFY_USER=y
    CONFIG_FANOTIFY=y
    CONFIG_FANOTIFY_ACCESS_PERMISSIONS=y
    CONFIG_SWAP=y
    # CONFIG_ANDROID_PARANOID_NETWORK is not set
    CONFIG_VT=y
    CONFIG_VT_CONSOLE=y

and AppArmor second.

You can found some infos here: Touch/Porting - Ubuntu Wiki #kernel[/QUOTE]

I need some help on ROM now: Any of you wants to help me? Contact me in PM.

First Alpha coming when anyone help me to understand the problem.

Google+ Community: [Nexus 5][Dev Only] Ubuntu Touch Porting

XDA:DevDB Information
    Ubuntu Touch Porting for Nexus 5, a ROM for the Google Nexus 5

Contributors
    ValoXis
    Based On: CyanogenMod

Version Information

Created 2014-01-02
    Last Updated 2014-01-04
    got my n5 yesterday, gimme logcats, dsmegs, everything you can get, i will help you, worked long time on ubuntu touch for my old n4, its easy ;)

so if anyone of you needs my help, send logs to me and you will get my help!

Best reagrds,
    OldDroid

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    If everything goes as inteded, the next image from trusty-proposed channel on my server (should be version 213) will have another fix for audio - it should work even for subsequent phone calls. This is a fix from Ubuntu, this problem wasn't happening just on N5 but all the devices.

Version 213 should be released in a few hours, tasemnice is now building the device part and it should be ready for 213 rootfs tarball from ubuntu servers.
    Update:

We have found the problem. Ubuntu Touch is based on CM 10.1/2. It need to rewrite all the driver. Hwcomposer is the problem with the base. So, the project is closed. Canonical has announced that Ubuntu Touch official for N5 will be released from end of Jan/start of Feb.

Nexus 5 with Tapatalk Pro
    Update:

Completed kernel parts. Miss AppArmor. After the repack of the kernel, if Ubuntu boot, I'll work on AppArmor. If you have suggestions, you're welcome. :D