Google Now "okay google" voice command not working with GE launcher (Jellybeans ROM)

Search This thread

CoryG89

Mar 31, 2012
Google Now "okay google" voice command not working with GE launcher (Jellybeans ROM)

Last night I rooted my Verizon Galaxy Note 3 with the King application. Installed chainfire's SuperSU and then installed the latest Jellybeans 4.3 ROM.

After I installed lots of apps and changed my settings how I like I was looking at the Jellybeans OTA section and saw where you could download the zip for the 4.4 kitkat Google Experience launcher. I downloaded both it and the Google boot animation and flashed them with safestrap one at a time.

Both of these mods seem to be working just fine, except I can't seem to use the Google Now, "Okay, Google" voice command. Google Now itself works just fine by swiping to the left but whether I am on the home screen or actually in Google Now, when I say the keywords "Okay, Google" or just "Google" it doesn't do anything.

I tried going into the Google Settings where I saw the switch for Google Now was turned on. I went into the voice section and saw the option for "Hotword detection" was turned on.

I tried toggling these settings off and back on again with no apparent effect. In my general settings voice controls were turned off but turning them on didn't help either.

I was wondering if anyone here has had and similar problems getting the Google Now voice command to work using the Jellybeans ROM or if there is anything else I can try. When I had my stock build I could enter Google Now and say "Okay, Google" and it would start listening. I wanted to be able to use the command from the home screen. Now it appears I can't even do it from within Google Now. When I hit the voice search button I can still do that fine so I know the mic is working.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

ginger man

Jan 4, 2013
Bump.... No one have this problem?

Go to home screen, then menu - settings - voice - offline speech recognition - swipe all the way to the right tab (autoupdate), then swipe back to the left one (installed). Then update. Once it's updated it will work.

Reactions: CoryG89

CoryG89

Mar 31, 2012
Thanks so much. It appeared to be updated but i reinstalled the English language pack and now its working perfectly.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Bump.... No one have this problem?

Go to home screen, then menu - settings - voice - offline speech recognition - swipe all the way to the right tab (autoupdate), then swipe back to the left one (installed). Then update. Once it's updated it will work.