• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

GtrCraft

Recognized Developer
Jun 3, 2013
Moto G5 Plus
Xiaomi Poco F1
After some reading about some people having problems (like myself) with the new radio I am curious.
Which radio are you using and is the 4.4.3 better or worse for your connection/battery?

krs360

Dec 18, 2007
Devon, UK
Android Wear
Google Pixel 6
Currently on 4.4.3, but I'm tempted to go back.

For me, performance is the same on the new one. But when I'm driving to/from work and not connected to WiFi, my battery drains at a ridiculous rate. If I switch WiFi off, it doesn't.

moldovanos

Sep 30, 2012
I went back, because in areas where I had light signal, with 4.4.3 I get nothing at all. Was the same battery life though

Liskrig

Mar 17, 2011
Boston
twitter.com
4.4.3 here... I'm seeing major improvements over my issues I've been having with 4.4.2 (weak signal, data drops...) so I will happily take the slight battery loss if it means I will receive 100% of my calls :)

sing1gnis

Feb 26, 2009
WR
The 4.4.3 radio "seemed" better to me, but I had to roll back to 4.4.2 because of extremely high battery drain.

salomaoa

Sep 14, 2011
Valongo
I'm sorry for beeing such a noob, but I am really lost here ?

I want to revert to 4.4.2 radio but don't know how to do it. Is there any flasheable file (recovery or fastboot mode)?

If yes, can someone please provide me a link?

Thank you a lot

Enviado do meu Nexus 5 através de Tapatalk

Reactions: GoatsTech

danarama

Aug 22, 2010
Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK

I want to revert to 4.4.2 radio but don't know how to do it. Is there any flasheable file (recovery or fastboot mode)?

Thank you a lot

There's a link to a flaahable radio thread via the link in my signature

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

salomaoa

Sep 14, 2011
Valongo
There's a link to a flaahable radio thread via the link in my signature

I'm sorry but I still can't find what I'm looking for.

Is the thread above the one you meant?

http://xdaforums.com/google-nexus-5/development/modem-nexus-5-flashable-modems-efs-t2514095

If yes, thats too complicated for me. There are several radios / modems and I don't know wich is the one I need.

I just want to flash 4.2.2 radio.

Also, I don't know how to check wich radio version I'm running. I know It's 4.4.3 because I installed 4.4.3 Purity ROM, but I would like to know if there is a way to check the running radio version

danarama

Aug 22, 2010
Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK

http://xdaforums.com/google-nexus-5/development/modem-nexus-5-flashable-modems-efs-t2514095

If yes, thats too complicated for me. There are several radios / modems and I don't know wich is the one I need.

Also, I don't know how to check wich radio version I'm running. I know It's 4.4.3 because I installed 4.4.3 Purity ROM, but I would like to know if there is a way to check the running radio version

It tells you in brackets after each one which android version it came with. Not every upadte comes with a radio. I have no idea which one you had before. Flash them all and see which works best

Custom ROMs dont come with radios either, so you're probably on the same one.

All information about your phone can be seen in Settings > About phone

kingston73

Feb 8, 2011

I don't want to sound rude, I'm not trying to be a jerk but in all seriousness if the radio thread is too complicated for you and if you don't know how to find your current radio version I would suggest not doing anything at all yet. I would read LOTS of info first until you can comfortably understand things and then try flashing a different modem.

spinninbsod

May 17, 2013
new york city
I haven't had many problems with the new radio I do not like the new dialer though in fact I didn't like the old one I remember when the first thing you saw was the dialer

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The latest one is better for me. Radio performance relies on too many variables that discussing which is better for who ultimately becomes a pointless exercise

Thank you a lot