[Q] Sprint HTC One Flashed to PagePlus, Any Issues with Flashing a Verizon Based ROM?

Search This thread

Patrick03

Jan 8, 2013
Have had my phone for about 4 months now. When I first got it flashed to work on PagePlus, I decided to try a custom ROM on it. Since it was flashed to work on the Verizon network, I figured a Verizon ROM would be the way to go. After the flash, the phone would not connect to the cell network anymore. I went back to the stock ROM and everything worked fine again. Since then, I've only tried Sprint based ROMs and haven't had any issues.

Just wondering if there is a reason why a Verizon ROM would not work in my case? Can't figure out if I did something wrong with the flash or if a Verizon ROM won't work since the phone was originally a Sprint version.

resinis

Dec 27, 2007
I didnt think it mattered, because Verizon has a white list... meaning even if you do get a verizon rom on there it still won't activate since the IEMI is not on verizons database.....

Patrick03

Jan 8, 2013
I'm not looking to activate the phone with Verizon, I'm already with PagePlus (which uses Verizon towers) and the phone works fine. My question was more about should I be able to flash a ROM geared for a Verizon phone? Seems like I should, but last time I tried that, something didn't work out right. I've been using Sprint based ROMs since then and the phone is working fine (with PagePlus as my carrier).

StormyNight

Dec 31, 2013
Hyderabad
I'm not looking to activate the phone with Verizon, I'm already with PagePlus (which uses Verizon towers) and the phone works fine. My question was more about should I be able to flash a ROM geared for a Verizon phone? Seems like I should, but last time I tried that, something didn't work out right. I've been using Sprint based ROMs since then and the phone is working fine (with PagePlus as my carrier).

No, it won't be possible to flash a Verizon ROM since the mount points are different. Plus, I've already tried asking and the answer is no, sadly.