EVO 4G hits Sprint's EOL list... :(

Search This thread

teh roxxorz

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 21, 2010
i don't care what anyone says this phone is revolutionary and in my mind still the best on the market and until they make a new evo that has the same screen size (not skinny like the 3d) and keep the look almost exactly the same as the 4g we all know and love this will be my phone of choice :')

They do, its called the Evo 4G+ ; its the Evo 3D specs, except it has no 3D, and keeps the 8MP camera...just not available in the US. :p

Evilone69tmg

Jan 8, 2012
Chicago
So i guess sprint is really pushing the IPhone now. I think the EVO is better as it has a bigger screen and can run almost all the same apps.

gainiacster

Jan 10, 2012
Ah. My EVO. It introduces me to the wonderful world of rooting. What an incredible phone!

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

tropicalbrit

Mar 6, 2011
United States
Well, it's been a good ride, guys. I've learned so much within a year thanks to this great Evo community. I'm upgrading to the terrific Kyocera Echo, mailing my Evo right now :)

Not really, I'm still here :p waiting for quad-core LTE phones (HTC or bootloader-unlocked Motorola), only way I'm changing phones :D

Sent from my PC36100 using xda premium

jayharper08

Retired Senior Moderator - The Troll Whisperer
Jan 7, 2008
The Dirty
I missed it so much I traded my Kindle Fire for it. Just in time for it to be eol....

---Jay---

yankeeboy254

Feb 17, 2011
This is actually really sad. I love my EVO 4G. Wish I had rooted it sooner (did back in May). I remember getting it toward the latter half of June (2010) @ Best Buy Mobile. Another guy came in as we were setting up my brother's phone, and he got the EVO too. I'm not sure that I'm going to want to upgrade when the Galaxy Nexus comes out for Sprint :s...

Mar 2, 2011
Arlington, Texas
The OG EVO black and white were both EOL'ed in Oct., along with the OG Epic. If HTC doesn't do something about this lawsuit Apple won, you won't even be seeing any HTC's. I on the otherhand love my EVO and had no problems at all and this is my original phone. I been seen ppl filing insurance claims in hopes of getting a EVO 3d. In my opinion, any self respecting OG EVO owner wanting a 3d needs to choke they self. That's a clear downgrade. I wanted an Epic Touch until I found out Sprint was moving to LTE. I shall rock my OG faithfully til the new LTE phones hit the Sprint stores, oops I mean Best Buy. No Sprint customer in their right mind should be buying their phones from Sprint.

Sent from my Sinister Powered OG EVO using xda premium

-EViL-KoNCEPTz-

Nov 9, 2011
Tampa Bay area
The OG EVO black and white were both EOL'ed in Oct., along with the OG Epic. If HTC doesn't do something about this lawsuit Apple won, you won't even be seeing any HTC's. I on the otherhand love my EVO and had no problems at all and this is my original phone. I been seen ppl filing insurance claims in hopes of getting a EVO 3d. In my opinion, any self respecting OG EVO owner wanting a 3d needs to choke they self. That's a clear downgrade. I wanted an Epic Touch until I found out Sprint was moving to LTE. I shall rock my OG faithfully til the new LTE phones hit the Sprint stores, oops I mean Best Buy. No Sprint customer in their right mind should be buying their phones from Sprint.

Sent from my Sinister Powered OG EVO using xda premium

The only way I'd ever want a 3d phone is if they use true theater 3d technology, yes the clear glasses make u look like a nerd but that format of 3d is by far the best out it actually looks 3d and not holographic

We are legion, for we are many.

teh roxxorz

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 21, 2010
The only way I'd ever want a 3d phone is if they use true theater 3d technology, yes the clear glasses make u look like a nerd but that format of 3d is by far the best out it actually looks 3d and not holographic

The 'holographic' is more like an augmented reality, along the lines of what the 3DS uses for '3D', though it does take 3D pictures.

Dec 4, 2011
Denver
I wold like to see HTC and sprint come out with a true predecessor to the EVO 4g. 3D technology gives me a headache and isn't practical. I'll buy a Nintendo ds or something if i want that.
What I want is another phone that works like the EVO does without problems.

-EViL-KoNCEPTz-

Nov 9, 2011
Tampa Bay area
The 'holographic' is more like an augmented reality, along the lines of what the 3DS uses for '3D', though it does take 3D pictures.

That s#!t gave me a headache and the pictures were a pain in the ass to take a nice looking pic like hey guys hold still for 2 mins in great light so I don't end up with 2 of each of you in my photo lol

Jeffro1010

Oct 11, 2010
Fayetteville
the coming HTC Edge will definitely replace my E4G... due to release in Q1 or Q2 2012 with specs like 4.7" screen and Tegra 3 quad core me likee what I've been reading...

Sent from my Touchpad using xda premium

stm8

Dec 22, 2011
Midwest
My Google-Fu must be weak. I can't find many details on the HTC Edge.

I am intrigued, however.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    It's perhaps their best seller up until the iPhone 4S and new Samsung Galaxy phones came in.

I just had to have mine replaced and sadly ended up with a refurbished one. No biggie though. The EVO 4G is perhaps the best phone they've had at Sprint. I can't wait to see if there's a new HTC phone announced during the MWC for Sprint.
    October 2011 called they want their news back lol, evo 4g went eol just before Halloween meaning no new shipments of phones from HTC only leftover stock of new phones rest are all refurbs

I believe the HD2 was the first 4+" screen, nearly identical HW to Evo. In fact, devs have WinMo (native), Android 2.2,2.3, & 4.0, AND Ubuntu/Linux, and WinPhone7 running on it (multi boot)!!! Pretty amazing stuff, there.

But still, yeah, the Evo has been one wicked machine. And we were lucky with amazing devs from day 1 (toast, virus, lithid, etc). Its been fun. And continues to be, with devs still bringing ICS to it/us.

And post about EOLd twice due to badassery.....lol nice ;)

Sent from my PC36100 using xda premium

Tell me about it I miss that phone alot haha. It was so cool Dec 30th 2010 when we were finally able to run Android on nand. I showed that phone off alot. Windows phone running Android haha.

Then later down the line CLK recovery came out so the phone would go from splash screen straight to boot animation no more MAGLDR screen haha.
    But before that I was hooked on Energy winmo roms. Good days...

Evo is still an awesome phone no complaints what so ever. We have Roms for days.
    Sent From My Evo 4G Amped Up On Verizon Tower Power!
    October 2011 called they want their news back lol, evo 4g went eol just before Halloween meaning no new shipments of phones from HTC only leftover stock of new phones rest are all refurbs

If I remember right, the WHITE evo was EOLed in October - the bad-ass black one held on until now.