[ROM][WWE][12/31/09][WM6.5.3.3 28205] Da_G's Test ROM, take 2!

Search This thread

Da_G

Inactive Senior RD / Moderator Emeritus
Aug 20, 2007
Riverside, CA
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
This is a barebones stock WM 6.5.x ROM running 23409, includes support for all device hardware functionality, and nothing more on top of that. Should be as stable as you can get on a 6.5.x test platform :)

It's got a comm manager, the camera app, QuickGPS (but oops, the shortcut didn't make it to \tools) and that's pretty much it :) But it should be nice and fast!

This ROM is a beast as far as size goes (would be 95mb XPR compressed, it's about 160MB uncompressed)

Anywho, here's the link!
WM 6.5.3.3 - AT&T Fuze, uncompressed
Removed ArcSoft MMS from this build until I get a chance to fix it, so that way those who need it can install from .cab.

Let me know if you run into any corruptions or anything odd. And especially how it performs. Thanks!

TODO:
* MMS is currently not functioning correctly.
* SmartTouch wheel not functioning correctly.

pccapture11.png

A note: This ROM is a snapshot of what i'm running on my device. I make no guarantee that it will work for any functions that I do not use, but I will do my best to ensure it works as close to 100% as possible :)

me said:

Last edited:

danthman2000

Feb 3, 2009
Palmer, AK
Good to see you've got some "spare time" back. I'll be testing/reporting starting monday.. thanks for your awesome contributions! Yar!

Last edited:

pootedeu

Feb 23, 2009
Honolulu, HI
Just got it installed. Will report back after I get some programs installed.

Update:
Not a big noticeable difference when playing around with the phone in the speed area, but it does start up quite fast (into an operational state). There is a weird Zoom feature popping up when I click on some things (ex. Install FingerKeyboard and try to change the skin). Dashwire installs but is broken. The new button placement is quite easy on the fingers but I keep reaching for the top left for start.

Last edited:

danthman2000

Feb 3, 2009
Palmer, AK
Screen02.png

Seems the appointments are being cut off on the bottom of this screen? So far so good. I've only had a few lock-ups but those went away after a soft reset and it's been running smoothly ever since. You wouldn't happen to be working on your Windows Mobile Image Update System again would you? I can't wait to see what comes out next.

X2D

Jan 1, 2009
Good to see another Da_G test ROM.. am going to definitely test this when I can go home during lunch break! =0

bertrandno7

Jun 10, 2009
hello

hello DA_G

downloaded and flashed this rom. overall as this rom is still in beta its still quite buggy for example the magnifying thingy and the standby screen but overall i think its still okay

INFORMATION FOR TOUCH PRO USERS!
you have to download the keyboard fix in order for the keyboard to function properly. i have attached the file here.

INFORMATION FOR ALL USERS TO FIX LAGGING SLIDE TO UNLOCK !
you have to download the slider fix in order to remove the lag. i have attached it as well. however, there is a issue of the bottom taskbar conflicting and eating into the slider.

files thanks to NRG and MF82

anyway, cant wait for a new update to this rom
shall try out battery life and report back in a few days time
hopefully can have a new rom by then :D

Bertrand

Attachments

• touchprokeyboardfix.cab
    1 KB · Views: 245
Last edited:

bertrandno7

Jun 10, 2009
so far...

battery life so far is good

anyway there is a few bugs so far
1. the bottom of the lock screen often experience display errors like the picture posted above.
2. when you press the taskbar, the bigger taskbar will appear but the clock icon will open the battery information instead of bring us to alarm.

thats all for now. otherwise, a great rom. fast and stable and battery efficient. i have been using it to play music through the loudspeaker for almost an hour but battery has only decrease minimally.

vader165

Nov 28, 2008
The ATL
so far very good, everything is very clean and stable, i LOVE that ie6 renders faster now. the volume rocker just opens up the status menu popup though, and my ptt button can't be mapped:mad: other than that, it's smooth with a low footprint, love it.:cool:

agoyeneche

Jan 19, 2007
Dallas
Downloading....

Are you open to share your kitchen? I really miss your fuze kitchens and am having problems with some apps after porting the latest builds...(Can't get the camera to work...:()

Thanks

l3v5y

Retired Senior Moderator
Sep 13, 2007
Bristol
So, when can we get our hands on these tools?

With the size of devices internal memory getting larger, having uncompressed is getting attractive...

sunhi3man

Mar 31, 2007
Send/Receive button isssues...

This latest rom runs great, but my only major issue is I can't enable voice command using the send/receive button on my wired headset.

AJayL69

Nov 22, 2008
Raleigh, NC
What radio to use?

Can anyone help me with picking the correct radio for my phone? Is the radio # ROM specific, phone specific, or area specific. I've tried a few ROM's that already had the radio within the build, in which performance has been so so. I'm trying to figure out what to go by.. phone, ROM, or area.... Help!!

Carrier: AT&T
Model #: HTC Touch Pro T7272
Radio ver: 1.14.25.05
Area: North Carolina (South East)

Thanks for your help!!

AJL

venelar

Jan 27, 2007
Baton Rouge
Can anyone help me with picking the correct radio for my phone? Is the radio # ROM specific, phone specific, or area specific. I've tried a few ROM's that already had the radio within the build, in which performance has been so so. I'm trying to figure out what to go by.. phone, ROM, or area.... Help!!

Most cooked roms don't have a radio along with them. They will however have a Rilphone.dll cooked in. This is generally where the rom chef will say "works best with "X"-radio". However, that does not mean you are tied to that specific radio.

In this subforum there is the stickied thread with radios/matching rilphone.dll cabs. Just try radios until you find the one that gives you the best battery/data speeds/etc.. Just always use the matching rilphone cab to go with it; for instance i use radio 1.14.25.05 and have the matching cab to go with it.

Once you flash a radio it's there until you a) flash another radio or b) flash an official carrier's rom, because those DO include radios. Just find the one you are happy with, put the rilphone cab on your storage card and each time you try a new rom, run that cab and you will be all matched up.

edit

One more thing. Unless your device is security unlocked you can only flash radios that come from a Fuze/Touch Pro. Once you have security unlocked the device you can flash other compatible radios. Most of that should be spelled out in detail in the radio thread.

Last edited:

mdsharpe

Sep 25, 2006
Great to see you making ROMs again, Da_G.

Love the minimal aspect, so much better than many ROMs that come customized and stuffed with clutter.

fallingup

Mar 21, 2006
New Mexico
great rom da_g, ive missed your kitchens. only problem i have is i cant install ezinput, phone wont boot after installing the cab.

edit: turns out im a n00b, need to have other packages installed in the rom for this to work. duh.

Last edited:

sidliu

May 4, 2007
Just flashed the rom. Overall seems to work great, except some UI changes. I like the start/ok/cancel button on the bottom instead of the top. Don't have to mess around with the start button assignment any more. Also I am able to move around the icons in start menu now instead of just move to top.

GPS startup seems to be slow, taking a few minutes. With 23016 build, I get lock time in a few second.

One more thing: today's plugin lost the cursor so you can't use your up/down button to move around old style today's plugin any more (for my company goodlink).

Last edited:

e.frankie10

Sep 27, 2008
Screen02.png

Seems the appointments are being cut off on the bottom of this screen? So far so good. I've only had a few lock-ups but those went away after a soft reset and it's been running smoothly ever since. You wouldn't happen to be working on your Windows Mobile Image Update System again would you? I can't wait to see what comes out next.

just flashed the ROM. I've the same problem about appointments. When missed calls are present and screen is locked, the hour is covered by the bottom bar with the start, "notification" and "set" buttons...

Very good the new bottom bar to press the start menu, close programs and so on....