Huawei Mediapad / T-Mobile Springboard Discussion

Search This thread

PabloXIII

Apr 15, 2012
Does anybody have issue with auto rotate function on stock honeycomb?

With auto rotate enabled cpu is always running on 950-1100 MHz when the screen is on, no matter what you do. If you disable auto rotate cpu goes to 200 - 400 MHz.

Battery life goes up by hour or so of usage, just by disabling auto orientation.

If you know of a good fix, please do tell.

Cheers!

Leion

May 28, 2010
Not working when I copied my su file from my ubuntu..
tried again with the su file from a rooted mediapad rom that I found..

Installed superuser and busybox.
tested with adfree. it worked. :)

Where can I upload the file for all to use?

Last edited:

muaydum

Sep 12, 2009
Rooted already now!!!

Hey, guy. I've just finish Rooting this rom, now. I'll upload for all of you. No time for waiting.
Thank you web bbs.31pad for Boot.img. I've to credit him.:)

4shared***/rar/7Nn_HoWt/HUAWEI_S7-301u_FIRMWARE_androi.html]HUAWEI_S7-301u_FIRMWARE_android4.0_C232B002_General_Channel_05010YBX_Rooted already.part1.rar

4shared***/rar/3766jj_9/HUAWEI_S7-301u_FIRMWARE_androi.html]HUAWEI_S7-301u_FIRMWARE_android4.0_C232B002_General_Channel_05010YBX_Rooted already.part2.rar

4shared***/rar/bvZdJAru/HUAWEI_S7-301u_FIRMWARE_androi.html]HUAWEI_S7-301u_FIRMWARE_android4.0_C232B002_General_Channel_05010YBX_Rooted already.part3.rar

4shared***/rar/qThBwphH/HUAWEI_S7-301u_FIRMWARE_androi.html]HUAWEI_S7-301u_FIRMWARE_android4.0_C232B002_General_Channel_05010YBX_Rooted already.part4.rar

I have to make *** = .com . Because this website don't want a spam.
The same !. When you finish updating then you have to push "Sanixupdate" folder to main storage of mediapad. And then you have to reboot your mediapad. Finish. Have a nice day.:)

Last edited:

pinglis

Dec 13, 2010
would extracting the system.img.ext4 from an allready rooted rom and replacing the one in a new rom via winzip work or is there more to it than that

ChanBeiBei

Mar 6, 2012
Originally Posted by Leion
Added su to the original file according to this http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=20205808

Get it here http://ubuntuone.com/6xcBwdae79TDoMVWnQft6Z
HUAWEI_S7-301u_FIRMWARE_android4.0_C232B002_General_Channel_05010YBX_ROOTED

Flash and install superuser and busybox

Many thanks for this one question though does it require the sanixupdate folder ?

i just flashed and installed superuser and busybox from market. no need for sanixupdate folder. all is working great so far.

Sent from my HUAWEI MediaPad using XDA

Reactions: pinglis

zelduy

Nov 26, 2008
Already downloaded.. But haven't got the chance to try it on..
How's the final release so far guys??

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

PabloXIII

Apr 15, 2012
I updated last night, so here are impressions after one full battery cycle.
Upgrade took about 10 or so minutes.

With auto rotate off and hi-res on, battery lasted about 5 hours of "screen on" time (ebooks, youtube, comics and play store). So, it's about the same as HC.

UI is much faster than HC. No bugs so far, except for Dead Space which runs in portrait mode.

Be warned: you'll have to reinstall all the apps. Messaging data will also be lost.
HiSuite is not included in this rom, so if you are using it you'll have to get daemon from "huaweidevice.com/resource/mini/201105239635/hi_suite_en/"
Some other apps included with HC are missing as well, but now we have dialer included.

In order not to end up with a lot of unaccounted for memory space, before upgrading either uninstall your apps, or make a list of what you have and install them again afterwards.

Go for it!!!

Corn Flake

Nov 29, 2011
I just found in settings standard and high resolution option. What's the different between them? I mean which of these resolution is 1280x800 and what's the second one?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    .....S7-301uV100R002C002B010SP3_root....
    What are the real resolution of the 2?

libjnigraphics.so from Aldiko is broken.
    some applications are now working correctly after uninstall Aldiko and libraries

try remove
    Code:
    /cust/hw/normal/delapp/Aldiko.apk
    /cust/hw/normal/lib/libjnigraphics.so
    /cust/hw/normal/lib/libreader.so
    and reboot.
    hey,

We are working on Clockwork Recovery at "android-hilfe.de".

Right now it s a beta version with some bugs.

i am able to make a backup. but at this time i cant flash it back.

also i compiled the 3.0.8 Kernel to CM9. more results the next days.

perhaps a download for the Clockwork Recovery.
    If someone wants to try out the new ICS Preview, i've created 2 mirrors for dowloading :)

Mirror 1
    Mirror 2
    Root-ready international version: http://depositfiles.com/files/9f8mfimjz

Install as usual.

After installing the rom you can root: copy sanixupdate folder to the root memory of the tablet (not in the microsd). Reboot and you are ready!

To shutdown the Mediapad keep pressing power button, otherwise through the menu it will go in deep sleep only.
    A root-ready version will arrive in about 3 hours (sorry, my uplod speed is weak, 30/kbs)