I have just got my N10

Search This thread

olly230

Apr 14, 2009
£200, bargain.

Its an upgrade form my 1st gen padfone. That was heavy but by the end I was aware of its build quality and it could take knocks and bumps in its stride.

Is the N10 a dainty ballerina that i have to wince every time I put it down? Not that I want to be rough with it but it would be nice to know that it can fall 5cm onto the flat of its back and not crack. (Obviously land on its corner is different etc etc)

Does the N10 do anything special or is it just a standard ,if rather lovely, tablet?

Tried playing 4k vid using MX and VLC player and it couldn't do it with stable frame rate. What's the highest rez vid it can comfortably play?

I'm still trying to find something to wow me with the the pixel density. The padfone1 was only 720p and I was expecting a more jaw dropping experience.

XxLordxX

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jul 11, 2011
Campinas
£200, bargain.

Its an upgrade form my 1st gen padfone. That was heavy but by the end I was aware of its build quality and it could take knocks and bumps in its stride.

Is the N10 a dainty ballerina that i have to wince every time I put it down? Not that I want to be rough with it but it would be nice to know that it can fall 5cm onto the flat of its back and not crack. (Obviously land on its corner is different etc etc)

Does the N10 do anything special or is it just a standard ,if rather lovely, tablet?

Tried playing 4k vid using MX and VLC player and it couldn't do it with stable frame rate. What's the highest rez vid it can comfortably play?

I'm still trying to find something to wow me with the the pixel density. The padfone1 was only 720p and I was expecting a more jaw dropping experience.

Hi,

For me Nexus 10 is quite resistant, it already fell from ~80cm with 3-4kg of books over him and didn't do any damage, but I guess it was most luck from me. But small falls I guess there's not much problem.

4K is too much. I can easily run a 2K video, though. Via MX player. The heaviest video I ran here was a 1080p video, with FLAC audio, 10 bit profile.

You can try some stuff like the 2K video (search for Timescapes), zooming in a huge resolution picture (I tested with a 3772x5156 picture), setting a huge resolution picture as wallpaper, editing a text (letters look super sharp)... That's all I can say for now hahaha.

~Lord

"Dream On! Dream Until Your Dreams Come True!" - Dream On (Aerosmith)

Sent from my GT-I9505