Wildfire S Rom possibilities

Search This thread

ubnub82

Mar 18, 2010
Sterling Heights
HTC announced the wildfire S today which has close specs to the Hero. It has gingerbread sense ui and has a 600 MHz processor and a 3.2 inch screen. So I'd it possible we can port a rom of it to the Hero?
Sent from my HTC Hero CDMA using XDA App

c00ller

Jun 10, 2010
Just FYI, 600 MHz on one phone is not the same as 600 MHz on another phone. The CPU in the phone you speak of is at least one generation newer than what we have. Read here for more details
http://smartphonebenchmarks.com/for...msm7225-msm7625-processors-how-good-are-they/
Basically it will probably be very difficult to port. nfinitefx and others tried very hard to get a stable port of the original Wildfire, and that was hard enough.

ViktorX

Jul 15, 2007
I think that the best phones for porting Wildfire S ROM-s are Legend and Aria (Gratia) because both phones have more/less the same hardware specifications

brilldoctor

Aug 6, 2010
If its like the old wildfire you won't be able to root it

Sent from my GT-P1000 using XDA App

bonesy

Jan 28, 2009
Cornwall, united kingdom
More likely that devices they update will have the unlocked loader, not old devices..Why would they bother? Too much hard work! No profit from doing it! Much the same as there usual update methods (2 updates is enough for the consumer)

mars83

Feb 1, 2010
Wrocław
More likely that devices they update will have the unlocked loader, not old devices..Why would they bother? Too much hard work! No profit from doing it! Much the same as there usual update methods (2 updates is enough for the consumer)

Well what they do is just add wee bootloader code to Android 2.4 and that's it (yes Wildfire S will get 2.4 update for sure)

Last edited:

riddick

Apr 6, 2006
Sofia
ROM Capacity

Hi all,

Please , can somebody tell me if he has a more information about Android and especially Widfire S. I just be a proud new member to Android operation system change from Windows mobile . On specification Wildfire S has a 512MB ROM and 512MB RAM. So the question is , why after reinstalling Android OS( Hard Reset ) from this 512MB i had only 124MB free space for installation program.

What should I do to increase ROM free space.

Thank you in advance.

thehumble1

May 30, 2008
NMI
Google Nexus 4
Because that has to include the base ROM and all of the applications that it's running. HTC sense takes up a lot of space.

best to unlock, root and tear out a bunch of that bloat.

miguelca

Jun 15, 2010
Portugal
Google Pixel 7a
Well what they do is just add wee bootloader code to Android 2.4 and that's it (yes Wildfire S will get 2.4 update for sure)

I've been trying to get info from HTC about a possible update, at least to 2.3.5 but the guys at tech support are too vague and didn't even reply to bug reports I sent them. I have the latest European RUU and it has some problems with force closes after installing apps from Market, gave the guys all my phone info, yet still they don't know if there are plans to upgrade the phone.
However they promise that they'll let me know as soon as they know something and also say that they want to guarantee the best possible user experience.
I guess ICS 2.4 would be perfect. Now that it's officially released I suggest HTC to Get on their Boots (like U2 would say lol).
The WFS has enough hardware to run ICS so what are they waiting for?
I've had so many phones from HTC and even QTek (former HTC) that I expect some level of commitment on their part.

Sorry for the long post. Needed to uncompress my thoughts... ;-)

thehumble1

May 30, 2008
NMI
Google Nexus 4
I'm now the proud owner of a wildfire s with .9gb (yes 900mb) of system memory after install. The new roms are kicking!

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S using xda premium