[ToolKit] Nexus 7 one click root tool !

Search This thread

m.sabra

Sep 3, 2011
Beirut
This tool will root you nexus 7 install su or super su and ClockWorkMod recovery!!
i already developed a similar tool for the nexus s and galaxy nexus,this tool is based on the same code with few modifications.it should root your device in few minutes,so give it a spin and tell me how it goes :D

Disclaimer!
Your warranty is now void.
I am not responsible for bricked or damaged devices
YOU are choosing to make these modifications.

Current v1.5:http://d-h.st/xMX

Mirror:http://www.mediafire.com/?c29tr726xpejad7

(old versions)
v1.1: http://d-h.st/8I4
Extract the downloaded zip file on your pc,install the drivers available in the "drivers" folder if you don't have them already installed,after installing the drivers run the file called "root.exe" to root your device.

and here is a video that explains it all (big thank to SladeNoctics) : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Q6uBd38hm0&feature=youtu.be

v1.5
-updated superuser and supersu
-new recovery (all cwm bugs should be fixed)
-new menu that

Last edited:

torxx

Mar 20, 2011
trickdroid.org
If you have an android device, installing the android sdk or not should not be a question. It's always recommended having it on your PC.

Reactions: jewkhok

RMXO

Feb 20, 2011
CA
This does unlock your device but it didn't root it. I tried Super USer & SuperSU option & both didn't root my device. Even though the dialog box says your device is rooted but it didn't root. My device would stay in fastboot screen forever & I would have to do a hard reboot (hold on to the power button). For root, I had to do "adb reboot recovery" & flash the SU zip file.

Thanks for your work!

Last edited:

m.sabra

Sep 3, 2011
Beirut
also do i need android sdk installed for this toolkit to work?

it's better to install it,but you just need the device driver for this to work

This does unlock your device but it didn't root it. I tried Super USer & SuperSU option & both didn't root my device. Even though the dialog box says your device is rooted but it didn't root. My device would stay in fastboot screen forever & I would have to do a hard reboot (hold on to the power button). For root, I had to do "adb reboot recovery" & flash the SU zip file.

Thanks for your work!

well that's weird,it should work unless their is a problem with the recovery am using (it's not booting or flashing),can you check please if the su you are using (superuser or supersu) is getting pushed to your tab ? you should see it in your file manager in /sdcard/,from what you said i see that the recovery flashed but it didn't boot this why you had to boot it manually and flash su.(note that i don't have the nexus 7 so i didn't test this completely,i tested this on a nexus s by replacing the recovery with a nexus s one to assure their nothing wrong with the script)

also can anyone confirm this issue ? and if anybody rooted successfully with this please confirm,thanks :)

Last edited:
Reactions: movieaddict

CoolApps

May 12, 2011
Whoooooo... Already there is a Way to root the Nexus 7!? :what:

Send from my LG GT540 Android 4.0.3 Polishblood PreRC CM9

RMXO

Feb 20, 2011
CA
well that's weird,it should work unless their is a problem with the recovery am using (it's not booting or flashing),can you check please if the su you are using (superuser or supersu) is getting pushed to your tab ? you should see it in your file manager in /sdcard/,from what you said i see that the recovery flashed but it didn't boot this why you had to boot it manually and flash su.(note that i don't have the nexus 7 so i didn't test this completely,i tested this on a nexus s by replacing the recovery with a nexus s one to assure their nothing wrong with the script)

also can anyone confirm this issue ? and if anybody rooted successfully with this please confirm,thanks :)

Yes, superuser & SuperSU is pushed to sdcard

Reactions: m.sabra

m.sabra

Sep 3, 2011
Beirut
damn, you beat me too it. I was writing a script as we speak... :'( haha.

Darn, you beat me to it.

can i get a cookie :p

Yes, superuser & SuperSU is pushed to sdcard

well that solved a part of the thing,can you try something for me ? take the recovery from the tool folder and try using this command with fastboot while you are in the bootloader (you can get there using 'adb reboot bootloader' ) use this command to boot the recovery 'fastboot boot cwm.img' and tell me what happens,btw have you tried re-running the tool ?
could you please try it ? thanks in advance :)

jdavet

Apr 7, 2009
This worked PERFECTLY! As long as one follows the directions... it should work just fine. I would love to give a donation for your time. Thanks again!!!! Now to get OTG working.

UPDATE: Spoke too soon. Root/CWM didn't stick. Finished the process using the info on this post: http://rootzwiki.com/topic/28585-cwmeasyroot-nexus-7/

I'm still very grateful because I wasn't able to get the phone unlocked before using this tool. Thanks again!

Last edited:
Reactions: m.sabra

m.sabra

Sep 3, 2011
Beirut
This worked PERFECTLY! As long as one follows the directions... it should work just fine. I would love to give a donation for your time. Thanks again!!!! Now to get OTG working.

UPDATE: Spoke too soon. Root/CWM didn't stick. Finished the process using the info on this post: http://rootzwiki.com/topic/28585-cwmeasyroot-nexus-7/

I'm still very grateful because I wasn't able to get the phone unlocked before using this tool. Thanks again!

thanks for your feedback ! i understand that the tablet rooted but the only problem was cwm not sticking,am working on a fix now and should upload soon,thanks for feedback again :)

esperanzo2012

Jul 2, 2012
Wow this is great! Can't wait to get my nexus 7 :D. But i have a question, are there still issues with Clockworkmod? like the charging issue?

Arcadia310

Aug 13, 2010
thanks for your feedback ! i understand that the tablet rooted but the only problem was cwm not sticking,am working on a fix now and should upload soon,thanks for feedback again :)

Thanks for the great work. Looking forward to the fix.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

m.sabra

Sep 3, 2011
Beirut
verison 1.1 released !, this should fix the issue making the recovery not sticking,meaning the tablet will no longer revert to stock recovery after reboots,this work is currently based on user feedback,my other tool,and root guides,i should get my nexus 7 tab soon so i will be able to test by myself until then i would be very thankful for your feedbacks and reporting any issues
thanks
link to v1.1: http://d-h.st/8I4

Last edited:
Reactions: Holyoblation

Top Liked Posts