[DEV] Custom kernel info

Search This thread

shabbypenguin

Inactive Recognized Developer
May 30, 2010
https://mega.co.nz/#!gUQR1YCa!40Jek-QVjYMWc5AEt5hPeh0S-48kMxv7lOVl1xXhBZw

here is a flashable kernel, nothing has been done to it except compile from stock sources. no i wont make any changes, i dont plan on doing a custom kernel for a phone i dont even know what it looks like. this is purely so that people who actually have teh phone can learn on how to make a kernel. if you decide to flash this make sure to do a backup first as it has different modules for wifi etc.

source can be found at https://mega.co.nz/#!URh0HJyT!41SiQTCPO_wkd13wVd4l-36bRJoT5yeUms70uduGGBM i used the ML4 tar.

Last edited:

shabbypenguin

May 30, 2010
alright ill try again tomorrow. i have a feeling its my dtb files. can someone post the stock boot.img?

junaid992

Sep 29, 2012
Yup wifi is not working as said by balliboxer.....

Sent from my SM-G7102 using XDA Free mobile app

balliboxer

May 6, 2012
New Delhi
Xiaomi Mi 10T Lite
Xiaomi Mi 10i

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1404808398174.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1404808398174.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 119

shabbypenguin

May 30, 2010
someone who has the stock kernel

adb shell
su
cat /proc/config.gz > /sdcard/config.gz
and
ls -l /system/lib/modules

upload that please, seems the wifi module isnt being built and the defconfig doesnt have any info on it surprisingly.

Last edited:

shabbypenguin

May 30, 2010
ok so you guys have a prima wifi chip that had its source excluded from the kernel source, as well as a few other things. trying to merge in some of the stuff and see if i can get the modules to compile.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    https://mega.co.nz/#!gUQR1YCa!40Jek-QVjYMWc5AEt5hPeh0S-48kMxv7lOVl1xXhBZw

here is a flashable kernel, nothing has been done to it except compile from stock sources. no i wont make any changes, i dont plan on doing a custom kernel for a phone i dont even know what it looks like. this is purely so that people who actually have teh phone can learn on how to make a kernel. if you decide to flash this make sure to do a backup first as it has different modules for wifi etc.

source can be found at https://mega.co.nz/#!URh0HJyT!41SiQTCPO_wkd13wVd4l-36bRJoT5yeUms70uduGGBM i used the ML4 tar.
    Not booting fone vibrate once and stuck in bootloop .

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Tapatalk 2
    Is it possible that the USB-OTG is also a part of a different module and if we can find that module and include it in the boot.img, we can have USB OTG on our grand2?

just wondering.

schubeir

usb otg is eitehr enabled from teh factory or a change in teh defconfig, shouldnt be any modules involved. if enabling it in the defconfig doesnt do it than your device just cant do it, for some hardware reasons. some cant support teh data, some cant handle the voltage etc.
    @aapav01, @mukulsoni, I just compiled a SELinux enabled and 4.4 compatible zImage. You can use it to compile cm11. Will post the links now:good::victory:
    It's very easy.

Sent from my GT-I9082 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 08:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:03 AM ----------

But it doesn't compile. Can you help me out?

EDIT:Heres's the full usage:
    Code:
    ./mkbootimg --base 0 --pagesize 2048 --kernel_offset 0x00008000 --ramdisk_offset 0x02000000 --dt dtb --second_offset 0x00f00000 --tags_offset 0x01e00000 --cmdline 'console=null androidboot.console=null androidboot.hardware=qcom user_debug=31 maxcpus=4 msm_rtb.filter=0x3F' --kernel zImage --ramdisk ramdisk.cpio.gz -o newboot.img
    usage: mkbootimg
           --kernel <filename>
           --ramdisk <filename>
           [ --second <2ndbootloader-filename> ]
           [ --cmdline <kernel-commandline> ]
           [ --board <boardname> ]
           [ --base <address> ]
           [ --pagesize <pagesize> ]
           -o|--output <filename>

Sent from my GT-I9082 using Tapatalk

you need to use a more updated mkbootimg, the usage doesnt list dt at all

edit: here ive attached teh one ive been using