Z2 aux output and car charger problems

Search This thread

shazad123

Aug 9, 2008
Hi guys,

Has anyone else been able to output music via an aux cable?

I've tried 2 different cables which work with other phones and had no luck!

Also, an in car charger(cigarette lighter > mini usb) doesnt work either - again, works for other phones?!

Any help would be appreciated!

Shaz

pao008

Oct 14, 2014
Hi guys,

Has anyone else been able to output music via an aux cable?

I've tried 2 different cables which work with other phones and had no luck!

Also, an in car charger(cigarette lighter > mini usb) doesnt work either - again, works for other phones?!

Any help would be appreciated!

Shaz

Same problem here. Bought 2 aux cable no sound when I use my Z2 but other phone works. My thoughts is about the Z2 Waterproof thingy just a guess. So if anyone found a fix on this let us know.

Thanks!

Lechium

Mar 4, 2011
Izmir
Hi guys,

I'm actually having the same problem with you. I have tried different cables and cigarette lighter adapters on different cars.
I can confirm that neither charging nor aux cable works for me on the following cars: Mercedes C180, Renault Clio, Honda CRV, Ford Focus.
However, both the aux and charging magically worked on a Land Rover Defender (1973), connected to a mediocre Pioneer player. Also I do get a tiny bit of charge from the Merc's USB player port, probably for powering usb memory sticks, or players. But it is so slow it just slows the battery depleting rather than charging (better than nothing on a very long road trip I suppose, but I worry that it might hurt the battery in the long run)

I also do not get any music, if I use anything else than Sony's Walkman app when connected via Bluetooth. So i suspect this might be a software problem (perhaps to do with "throw" ?)

Anybody found a solution to these problems? Do any of you guys run the Z2 with a custom rom? if so, which one? because I'm thinking about installing a custom rom to see if that will help?

Last edited:
Reactions: Galang realdi

Lechium

Mar 4, 2011
Izmir
Hi guys,

I hate to resurrect such an old topic. I don't know if any of the other people are still using their Z2, or moved on to another device. I've recently had to replace my 3.5mm jack because it died on me. Would not work with headphones, let alone an aux cable on a car. Turns out, a replaced 3.5mm jack fixed the problem for me. So unfortunately, it is highly likely that we're having a hardware issue (something perhaps you guys can get checked out through Sony).

I have no updates on the 12V charging issue. My phone charges all ok up until it hits %30-50 (depending on how many amps the 12V charger is), than it acts as if there is a loose contact.

I hope this helps some of you people.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I used belkin, from a retail, jb hi fi.

Sent from my Xperia Z2
    Hi guys,

I'm actually having the same problem with you. I have tried different cables and cigarette lighter adapters on different cars.
    I can confirm that neither charging nor aux cable works for me on the following cars: Mercedes C180, Renault Clio, Honda CRV, Ford Focus.
    However, both the aux and charging magically worked on a Land Rover Defender (1973), connected to a mediocre Pioneer player. Also I do get a tiny bit of charge from the Merc's USB player port, probably for powering usb memory sticks, or players. But it is so slow it just slows the battery depleting rather than charging (better than nothing on a very long road trip I suppose, but I worry that it might hurt the battery in the long run)

I also do not get any music, if I use anything else than Sony's Walkman app when connected via Bluetooth. So i suspect this might be a software problem (perhaps to do with "throw" ?)

Anybody found a solution to these problems? Do any of you guys run the Z2 with a custom rom? if so, which one? because I'm thinking about installing a custom rom to see if that will help?