[ROM][4.0.4] Slim ICS(NS 4G) - Clean, Simple & Fast (54MB)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

FL0OD

Jul 27, 2010
Does anyone use a different kernel than the one baked with the rom? Curious if another kernel works better. GPS seems to have a hard time locking without wifi. (Locks much quicker when there's wifi around than if there's just data.)

The included kernel was notorious for having gps issues with the ns4g and not the ns. There are several kernels you can try, trinity, air, matr1x. Check there individual threads and pick one you think will be best for you. I have run them all on this rom and they are all compatible.

†‡†

Reactions: montblanc09

vidaljs

Jan 12, 2011
Long Beach, CA
Every small issue I had was fixed by factory reset and reinstall. For some reason going from 2.9 to 3.0 without the wipe gave some funky issues.... so reset seemed inevitable. All good now.

GPS sets after a few minutes.

3.0 is smooth and the new tweaks are very cool.
Thx again

Vs Nexus S 4G

FL0OD

Jul 27, 2010
Every small issue I had was fixed by factory reset and reinstall. For some reason going from 2.9 to 3.0 without the wipe gave some funky issues.... so reset seemed inevitable. All good now.

GPS sets after a few minutes.

3.0 is smooth and the new tweaks are very cool.
Thx again

Vs Nexus S 4G

Without a wipe?

†††

evilvoice

May 4, 2008
Conyers GA
Anyone else having issues with the Voice Dialer? I get FC every time I try to use it. I installed the speech data for Pico_TTS.

Also, for some reason the calendar on lockscreen shows events too soon. All day yesterday (3/31/12) it said it was April Fools Day. All day today it has said it is my brothers birthday when it is on the 2nd. It shows my moms birthday this Thursday when it is Friday.

Any fixes for these 2 issues. I love this rom.

onigiri1692

Jun 26, 2011
thanks... is this the official leaked version of 4.0.4 for NS4G?? or ported from official 4.0.4 from another device?

It's an AOSP build, not a leak or port.

3.1 is running well so far, only observation is that the mms icon is no longer ICS Blue, although not a big deal, just gonna pull the apk from 3.0 and install that.

PS. Anyone experiencing any issues with Zeam launcher? This rom has been my first experience using it, but I have a minor reoccuring bug where the application icons disappear, leaving a blank icon. The app icons also sometimes switch with each other as well...no idea what the issue is, but a reboot fixes it.

Last edited:

FL0OD

Jul 27, 2010
4G not working for me on the latest build. It does not show in settings to even turn it on.

†††

Karl

Nov 27, 2009
California
anyone know how to remove roaming indicator notification?
i looked and couldn't find it

Attachments

• Screenshot_2012-04-02-16-58-54.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-04-02-16-58-54.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 160

charlie95113

Dec 25, 2010
Do the aokp themes work on this rom....if not what about razers themes

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Xparent Blue Tapatalk

jin5

Oct 29, 2008
i've tried a couple roms based on the official 4.0.4 leak and i like this one the best i think. it has the 2 featurs i really want, volume wake and landscape call screen. it gives me an error when i go to dialpad settings though " unfortunately, the process com.android.phone has stopped. " anyone else get that?

wiped everything clean prior to install

onigiri1692

Jun 26, 2011
4G not working for me on the latest build. It does not show in settings to even turn it on.

†††

4G is also non-functional for me as well. The settings aren't there and the 4G widget doesn't do a thing.

i've tried a couple roms based on the official 4.0.4 leak and i like this one the best i think. it has the 2 featurs i really want, volume wake and landscape call screen. it gives me an error when i go to dialpad settings though " unfortunately, the process com.android.phone has stopped. " anyone else get that?

wiped everything clean prior to install

First off this is not a leak, it is an AOSP build...

Second, krarvind removed the T9 dialer from 3.1 and that is why 'dialpad settings' no longer works. I assume OP forgot to take 'dialpad settings' out of the settings menu.

jin5

Oct 29, 2008
thanks for quick reply. my bad about the leak thing, i am aware it is aosp.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    slimnewlogo.png
    IMPORTANT: FEATURE REQUESTS WILL BE IGNORED, MY BETA TESTERS WILL DO THAT DIRECTLY TO ME.

Key features:
    • Fully built from AOSP sources with some cherry picks from CM and AOKP team,
    • Easy to customize features (thanks to AOKP team) via ASS (Advanced Slim Settings)
    • ROM - 54MB
    • Slim Common- ~20MB
    • 5 languages ( en, fr, de, it and es. No new languages will be added)
    • Lightning Launcher
    • Lockscreen Options ( Calendar, Weather etc, check via ASS)
    • Screenshot via Customizable Nav Bar
    What Works:

• Everything for daily use
    Supported Devices here, no extra devices for now ( and NO PORTS of Slim ICS):

Removed apps here, download it via my OTA app

Credits here

Source:

https://github.com/krarvind/

Rest:
    http://source.android.com

Latest version, Download Links and Change Logs : Go Here

Discuss the rom here in xda and Hit Thanks if you try the rom and like it .
    3.6 Released, Have fun.
    ROM Updater worked flawlessly this morning and upped me to 3.4. Wish it would have prompted me to select a download directory before dl'ing. Other than that, perfect.

its there in OTA App -> Settings, you just have to choose it.

btw guys, do hit the thanks button on updates, even if i don't post the update, find one of my posts. cheers
    4.1 Released:
    Note:
    Overall change in how i am structuring Slim. No more Base + essentials + gapps. Device ROM + SLim Common ( which inclues slim gapps among other common non compiled stuff). Just flash Device ROM version THEN Slim Common ( includes Slim Gapps). you should be set.