Heat

Search This thread

nexuspur

Nov 14, 2013
Hey everybody I have the "problem"that my n4 heats up very quickly on 3g until 50-60°celsius. Is this normal ?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

ttheodorou

Apr 7, 2010
Hey everybody I have the "problem"that my n4 heats up very quickly on 3g until 50-60°celsius. Is this normal ?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

What to you mean heat up? the temperature of the battery or you have a thermometer on the phone? and do not take the temperature while the phone is charging. it supposed to go up!!!

mine battery temp is about 25 degrees with a max of 30-32. ambient room temp is around 20 degrees and the phone is not in direct sunlight. note that my cpu is undervolted (150mv down) and underclocked (at 1350mhz) but playing games the temp doesn't go more than 32.

in some forums i have read that it is normal the back of the phone to heat up because it is plastic and plastic does not spread heat like aluminum.

hope i shed some light...

ps. the degrees are in celcius

nexuspur

Nov 14, 2013
What to you mean heat up? the temperature of the battery or you have a thermometer on the phone? and do not take the temperature while the phone is charging. it supposed to go up!!!

mine battery temp is about 25 degrees with a max of 30-32. ambient room temp is around 20 degrees and the phone is not in direct sunlight. note that my cpu is undervolted (150mv down) and underclocked (at 1350mhz) but playing games the temp doesn't go more than 32.

in some forums i have read that it is normal the back of the phone to heat up because it is plastic and plastic does not spread heat like aluminum.

hope i shed some light...

ps. the degrees are in celcius
thx for ur answer but im talking about the cpu temperature not about the battery temperature. for battery temperature i hav the same values like you. my cpu is also undervolted until nearly -200mv^^. but anyway thx. :D

ttheodorou

Apr 7, 2010
thx for ur answer but im talking about the cpu temperature not about the battery temperature. for battery temperature i hav the same values like you. my cpu is also undervolted until nearly -200mv^^. but anyway thx. :D

how can you see the cpu temp?? the nexus4 as far as i know has not any sensors for the cpu temp

ttheodorou

Apr 7, 2010
you can easily can read it in "trickstermod".
i will check and reply to you in a while

---------- Post added at 04:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:54 PM ----------

you can easily can read it in "trickstermod".

after about 5 mins of gaming (riptide gp2 that has quite heavy graphics) with wifi and 3g on the temp of my cpy via trickstermod is about 42-43 degrees when i immediately leave the game. if you need me to check anything else feel free to ask.

nexuspur

Nov 14, 2013
i will check and reply to you in a while

---------- Post added at 04:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:54 PM ----------

after about 5 mins of gaming (riptide gp2 that has quite heavy graphics) with wifi and 3g on the temp of my cpy via trickstermod is about 42-43 degrees when i immediately leave the game. if you need me to check anything else feel free to ask.

thx for checking whats about your display brightness because i only get 50 degrees if im on 100%

ttheodorou

Apr 7, 2010
thx for checking whats about your display brightness because i only get 50 degrees if im on 100%

with brightness set to 100% i hit 49 degrees afte 5 mins gaming with wifi and 3g enabled. that is normal (i think) if you consider that the thermal throttling kicks in at 70 degrees (checked it in franco kernel updater)

edit: before the brightness was set to auto so i think it was about 15-20%

Starship706

Mar 19, 2012
Isn't that a bit high? Isn't the CPU clocked down when reaching 70 degrees?
I have experienced that sometimes... Then even a quad core becomes very slow

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app

klvnhng

Dec 1, 2012
Toronto
Isn't that a bit high? Isn't the CPU clocked down when reaching 70 degrees?
I have experienced that sometimes... Then even a quad core becomes very slow

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app

I have thermal throttling set to 85C. So no downclock until that temperature is reached.

Sent by carrier pigeon

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    It's normal to get around 50 degrees on 3G or more during gaming.

Unleashed by my Nexus 4