Search This thread

Tylog

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jan 4, 2013
Yes, looks like only "fixes" under the hood

Tapatalk Team SlimRoms

peecs121

Jan 11, 2011
I never used it until about a month ago and I gotta say it's great now. I won't use anything else ever again.

Nexus 5 (4.4.3) running Carbon/ElementalX

Tylog

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jan 4, 2013
Yes, it's getting really great in the last few month, for me the first choice.

Tapatalk Team SlimRoms

dissolve

Jun 11, 2014
coming soon (RUMORS)

Repost of my google+ post "+BenRoberts83/posts/6vn3vFEdtAK"

I've been looking at the Hangouts APK. You can almost definitely expect to see some new features announced at I/O.

From what I can tell hangouts it getting a major update. This latest apk (2.1.311) has quite a bit of new code. Just from an cursory look, I think we can expect to see...

1. Google Voice integration.
No surprise here. Google Voice's integration was only on hold because of some security issue and they had to force developers to use a new API for accessing GVoice. The last day to transition off the old system was almost a month ago. And the amount of references to "Voicemail" in the code, shot up substantially.

2. Google Wallet integration
The amount of code with wallet mentioned in it seems to have shot up. I'm hoping this may actually be a feature to pay a person through hangouts. That would be pretty neat.

3. Remote support
It looks like google may be taking a page from Amazon's playbook and adding a remote control and support feature. I'm guessing this will likely be "helpouts" being rolled in to a remote user being able to show you how to do things on your device. This is purely speculation now.

4.The rest.
I'll leave these up to you to take what you will from them. Here is a list of new folders that seem to have been added. (along side folders like plus, maps, games, etc)

analytics
cast
drive
feedback
gcm (looks to just be some networking callbacks)
identity
playlog
tagmanager
wearable

Top Liked Posts