Any stock sized exteded batteries?

Search This thread

E_man5112

Jul 13, 2010
Are there any battery that can get me a little extra juice (~1800MAh) that stick inside the stock cover?

Simba501

Feb 2, 2010
I saw one on eBay that works with the captivate stock but it's only 1600MAh.....unless I find a bigger one, I plan on purchasing it in the near future...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using XDA App

E_man5112

Jul 13, 2010
I saw one on eBay that works with the captivate stock but it's only 1600MAh.....unless I find a bigger one, I plan on purchasing it in the near future...

Yeah, I saw those on a few places. 1600 doesn't seem worth it to me. Especially if they cheap out on the battery tech, it could easily be a lower battery life than stock

dont buy it. it's for samsung omnia

Nice catch, thanks.

eep2378

Aug 12, 2010
MA
Good find. I'd be willing to bet it'd work. The one in my post was for the i900 and it explicitly stated that it'd work for the captivate. This one is for the i900 too, and for ten bucks, I'd say it's worth taking a shot at.....Although I do feel wary about the quality and improvement over the stock battery since the price is that low.

I900? It states I9000 galaxy S so I'm assuming its safe and reliable to use with the captivate :)

ManuWKK89

Dec 1, 2010
ebay has 2x 1500mah batteries plus charging dock for 10 bucks, free chipping. that's what i'm gonna get. i know they're not going to give me more time per battery, but for 10 dollars, i can afford to treat them like semi-disposable batteries, only i can recharge them and have a couple on standby if i need them.

ManuWKK89

Dec 1, 2010
all those expensive $80 (FAT ONES) mugen batteries are a waste of money imho. the 1600 mah are an ever worse ripoff.
you're paying a premium for the privilege of being spared the horror and anguish of schlepping an extra battery around.

THANKFULLY, our batteries are pretty small and thin, so it's really not such a terrible thing.

anyone use the "EXTENDED" batteries before? how much extra life do you get? NOT VERY MUCH.

if i use my phone "normally" with a 1500 mah battery, it lasts the whole day, or around 15 hours for me.
if i use my phone "normally" with a 1600 mah battery, how much longer battery life will i get?

mah = milliamp/hour = milliamp per hour

1500 ma/15 h = 1600 ma/ X h

plug and chug, cross multiply, whatever, SOLVE FOR X hours.....15.999 hours.

WOW! 1600 mah batteries give you just ONE (1) extra hour of battery life.

the cheapest you can find a 1600 mah battery on ebay is $37.99. you can buy THREE (3) 1500mah batteries for $11.99 and free shipping.
i think it's quite simple to see that the "extended batteries" are just not that great an option.

:) i quite enjoy math. nergasm ;P

ManuWKK89

Dec 1, 2010
note: i know the longer we use a battery and the more times we charge it, it's maximum capacity gets smaller and smaller over time. i decided for the purposes of my post, this battery "age" factor was negligible.

eep2378

Aug 12, 2010
MA
all those expensive $80 (FAT ONES) mugen batteries are a waste of money imho. the 1600 mah are an ever worse ripoff.
you're paying a premium for the privilege of being spared the horror and anguish of schlepping an extra battery around.

THANKFULLY, our batteries are pretty small and thin, so it's really not such a terrible thing.

anyone use the "EXTENDED" batteries before? how much extra life do you get? NOT VERY MUCH.

if i use my phone "normally" with a 1500 mah battery, it lasts the whole day, or around 15 hours for me.
if i use my phone "normally" with a 1600 mah battery, how much longer battery life will i get?

the cheapest you can find a 1600 mah battery on ebay is $37.99. you can buy THREE (3) 1500mah batteries for $11.99 and free shipping.
i think it's quite simple to see that the "extended batteries" are just not that great an option.

What about 1800mah for $10 see my previous link....worth it? Think so
By your math that would be 3 extra hours for same price as 1500mah :D

ManuWKK89

Dec 1, 2010
ah, not exactly. i can't post links yet.. but there's a seller on ebay who sells THREE (3X) 1500 mah batteries for $11.99 free shipping. even includes the battery dock so you can charge an extra battery on the side while using/charging your phone's battery.

get the 3x 1500 mah. you just get more! plus if you get three batteries, you can leave them places, like one in the car, one at work, one at home, etc

ManuWKK89

Dec 1, 2010
i think it comes down to user preference. if that extra three hours is just what you need to get you through that last leg of your commute to home + the charger, then sure, go for it.

me personally, i was looking for a case on ebay and stumbled on that 3x battery deal. i wasn't originally looking for an extended battery

mojmojmoj

Sep 1, 2010
Id rather get the extended battery than buying 3 1500 batteries. The risk of breaking my phone changing batteries is high. I just bought innocase rugged. It is a hassle putting it in and out of the case. I already bought the one from ebay. 2batteries+dock charger. I don’t use it anymore because im scared to break my phone with those cheap bat. I can use the oem which has better battrery life imo so why take the risk. But the charger is nice to have.
Im not also into buying mugen expensive 1600. I might buy the 1800 for 10 if its been proven it gives more battery life compare to 1500.

ManuWKK89

Dec 1, 2010
valid point. you never know what can happen with those non-oem parts. personally i like the idea of always having a spare battery at the ready. having THREE spares is probably overkill though :p

be sure and let us know how much more life you get with whichever extended battery you get, it would be fun to see the margin of error between real-world battery life and theoretical

E_man5112

Jul 13, 2010

Interesting. Looks good, but I'm skeptical of ebay batteries. Hmm.

Good find. I'd be willing to bet it'd work. The one in my post was for the i900 and it explicitly stated that it'd work for the captivate. This one is for the i900 too, and for ten bucks, I'd say it's worth taking a shot at.....Although I do feel wary about the quality and improvement over the stock battery since the price is that low.

i900 and i9000 are not the same phone.

ebay has 2x 1500mah batteries plus charging dock for 10 bucks, free chipping. that's what i'm gonna get. i know they're not going to give me more time per battery, but for 10 dollars, i can afford to treat them like semi-disposable batteries, only i can recharge them and have a couple on standby if i need them.

I'm not looking for a multibattery solution. I'd much rather get two or three extra hours out of one battery, than have 12 extra hours sitting in my pocket.

1600 mAh is nothing, I agree. 1800 mAh is not bad, a definite improvement.

r3ferrei

Sep 15, 2008
Toronto
I put an order for the 1800mah battery. Ill see if its any good. At worst it doesn't work in which case im out 10 bucks, or 3 cups of coffee.

Im expecting it to be worse than stock so at least ill have an emergency battery.

Sent by an Assonance.

eep2378

Aug 12, 2010
MA
I put an order for the 1800mah battery. Ill see if its any good. At worst it doesn't work in which case im out 10 bucks, or 3 cups of coffee.

Im expecting it to be worse than stock so at least ill have an emergency
Sent by an Assonance.

Let us know how it performs

Top Liked Posts