[Q] boot loop does not stop help!!

Search This thread

VansHighTops

May 27, 2014
Angels Camp
I have no idea what happenned but I am in a "boot loop" and have pulled battery and every other soulution i have seen does not work. I cannot get into anything. I cannot plug in and run ODIN or get to download or recovery screen.... Am I toast??? will Sprint do anything if I walk in as a dummy?? I am a dummy !!

JF

Last edited:

topherk

Nov 16, 2010
Los Angeles
I have no idea what happenned but I am in a "boot loop" and have pulled battery and every other soulution i have seen does not work. I cannot get into anything. I cannot plug in and run ODIN or get to download or recovery screen.... Am I toast??? will Sprint do anything if I walk in as a dummy?? I am a dummy !!

JF

That doesn't sound good.

What were you trying to do when this happened?

What stage does your phone get to when trying to boot up (if you can use a camera to take a picture of it, that'd help out a lot)?

What does the phone say when you try booting into Download Mode or Recovery?

VansHighTops

May 27, 2014
Angels Camp

That doesn't sound good.

What were you trying to do when this happened?

What stage does your phone get to when trying to boot up (if you can use a camera to take a picture of it, that'd help out a lot)?

What does the phone say when you try booting into Download Mode or Recovery?

I cannot boot it gets the three lines of text Blue Red and Yellow

RECOVERY BOOTING
RECOVERY IS NOT SEANDROID ENFORCING
SET WARRANTY BIT : RECOVERY

Then it reboots again and again and again.... pulled battery and every other trick listed on the internet !!!

topherk

Nov 16, 2010
Los Angeles
I cannot boot it gets the three lines of text Blue Red and Yellow

RECOVERY BOOTING
RECOVERY IS NOT SEANDROID ENFORCING
SET WARRANTY BIT : RECOVERY

Then it reboots again and again and again.... pulled battery and every other trick listed on the internet !!!

Well, none of those three items are inherently bad.. The "recovery is not seandroid enforcing" is common when using a custom recovery (like twrp). The "set warranty bit : recovery" is, unless I'm mistaken, just telling Knox that your phone has a "not stock" recovery (i.e. setting Knox to 0x1). That is normal when running a custom recovery.

When it is rebooting, can you hold down the power button to turn off the phone completely? Or does it not register the power button long enough to actually do anything?

When you take the battery out and put it back in, does the phone try to start up right away or do you have to press the power button in order to start it up?

Is that literally the only text you're seeing? I get a full debug screen before that information telling me how I restarted the phone (i.e. hard reset vs. soft reset) and if the reset was caused by an error... I caught a screen shot of it down below (sorry for the picture quality, the Asus TF101 isn't well-known for it's camera quality).

cJ7pXtE.jpg

Edit: Added less-potato-quality screenshot (still not great, though).

TpGzNn3l.jpg

Last edited:

johntheman_692003

Apr 10, 2010
boondocks
looks like you have the engineering bootloader correct? I would take out your usb plug then take the battery. wait a min or to.put it back in.hold volume down,home button,and power untill the phone vibrates then release the power button while still pressing the volume and home key.

drybloom

May 5, 2014
looks like you have the engineering bootloader correct? I would take out your usb plug then take the battery. wait a min or to.put it back in.hold volume down,home button,and power untill the phone vibrates then release the power button while still pressing the volume and home key.
This what I had to then use Odin flash your recovery it worked for me

shaggsdclown

Feb 11, 2012
toledo
This happened to me. It it wouldn't boot up into recovery. The blue recovery booting words would come up and all that other stuff but then would quickly go to black screen and boot loop again so I couldn't get into recovery to do a restore or reset and couldn't even just power on the phone. The way I fixed it was 1 pulled battery 2 with battery out held down volume up, home and power button 3 while keeping these held down with one hand inserted battery with other hand. It was tricky but it let me go into down load mode where I re flashed my recovery and fixed the problem. Give it a try and I hope everything works out for you.

Sent from my SM-N900P using xda premium

Reactions: toviaheli

thatguy450

Jun 28, 2014
Hello, this is my first time posting here. If I should be posting somewhere else, please let me know. I'm having the same exact problem. I have KitKatKiller ROM installed. I opened up ROM manager and it said that my CWM recovery had an update so I updated it (no auto-reboot, I don't know if there should have been one) and then later on I rebooted because I updated xposed framework. Ever since then it has been just boot looping saying its going into recovery and that's it. I've tried all the above suggestions and nothing. Any more ideas?

EDIT: It just randomly started working. Sorry for crying wolf. (Note: It looped for about 30 minutes) Thank you all!

Last edited:

Skunk Ape1

Nov 26, 2011
Killeen
Hello, this is my first time posting here. If I should be posting somewhere else, please let me know. I'm having the same exact problem. I have KitKatKiller ROM installed. I opened up ROM manager and it said that my CWM recovery had an update so I updated it (no auto-reboot, I don't know if there should have been one) and then later on I rebooted because I updated xposed framework. Ever since then it has been just boot looping saying its going into recovery and that's it. I've tried all the above suggestions and nothing. Any more ideas?

EDIT: It just randomly started working. Sorry for crying wolf. (Note: It looped for about 30 minutes) Thank you all!

Never use Rom manager.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This happened to me. It it wouldn't boot up into recovery. The blue recovery booting words would come up and all that other stuff but then would quickly go to black screen and boot loop again so I couldn't get into recovery to do a restore or reset and couldn't even just power on the phone. The way I fixed it was 1 pulled battery 2 with battery out held down volume up, home and power button 3 while keeping these held down with one hand inserted battery with other hand. It was tricky but it let me go into down load mode where I re flashed my recovery and fixed the problem. Give it a try and I hope everything works out for you.

Sent from my SM-N900P using xda premium