Cannot complete reboot after flashing Rom

Search This thread

DroidArt

Jan 26, 2012
Montreal
Good day fine community.

My Galaxy S3 i747M(Rogers) stays stuck @ Galaxy S3 screen after flashing this ROM S3Rx 3.0 TouchWiz 4.3 MJB (1-27-14) Full AROMA.

1. First succesfully flashed 4.3 bootloader and MK5 modem from within a 4.1 ROM

2. Then used TRWP, full wipe, formatted internal sd, flashed ROM and loaded well.

3. Then attempted a Nandroid, which for some reason stayed almost an hour in the "backing up system data", so I cancelled it when the "cannot finish" message appeared.

4. Then rebooted, and now stays stuck in Galaxy S3 screen.

I redid 1, 2 and 4, and still stuck, even if I let the phone rest for more than 10 minutes.

For the life of me, it seems to be a bootloader issue, but I am unsure.

Anyone has any idea what I did wrong?

Thank you.

Last edited:

buildnoob

Feb 6, 2014
Try wipe of /system and all other wipes that you can apply. These are under the advanced section of your recovery
This will wipe your whole phone. Then try and reboot

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app

DroidArt

Jan 26, 2012
Montreal
Builtnoob, did that. My sd card was fully wiped, as well as cache and dalvik. Thanks for the input.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: buildnoob

DroidArt

Jan 26, 2012
Montreal
Shortydogg, once i flashed and was in the launcher, and alk was working fine, I rebooted in to recovery to do nand. Even if the nand was uncuccessfull, i should still be able to boot into the rom, since it was already running. That is my question: how come it stays stuck at boot. Thx for looking into it.

buildnoob

Feb 6, 2014
Usually first boot takes a good half hour at times. Give it some time. However this could be due to a faulty flash. Or some corruption of data. Use twrp to mount your internal memory. Then redownload the ROM and reflash .

Reactions: DroidArt

audit13

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 4, 2012
Toronto
Did you format the internal SD or did you format the system, data, and cache from recovery?

DroidArt

Jan 26, 2012
Montreal
audit13, I formatted everything but my ext sd card. Tonight I will try again, this time with fresh download and wiping cache and dalvik after flashing, before booting, and will report back. Thanks guys.

buildnoob

Feb 6, 2014
audit13, I formatted everything but my ext sd card. Tonight I will try again, this time with fresh download and wiping cache and dalvik after flashing, before booting, and will report back. Thanks guys.

Don't forget the /system wipe as a lot of the stock ROMs do need it

DroidArt

Jan 26, 2012
Montreal
Buildnoob, thanks for the info. I did fresh install and wiped cache and dalvik after flash and now all is well.

Thanks guys for the help.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Reboot into what? Everything's wiped.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    Builtnoob, did that. My sd card was fully wiped, as well as cache and dalvik. Thanks for the input.

Usually first boot takes a good half hour at times. Give it some time. However this could be due to a faulty flash. Or some corruption of data. Use twrp to mount your internal memory. Then redownload the ROM and reflash .

An easier fix may be to just flash a pre-rooted 4.3 ROM that is made for the Bell, Telus or Rogers version of your phone. Then, load a custom recovery to flash custom ROMs.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1739426