AndChat IRC on Xoom

Search This thread

zer0day

Oct 29, 2007
I'm the developer of AndChat and am working on getting AndChat optimized for Honeycomb. I'm looking for users willing to download the beta and give feedback for things like UI issues, Honeycomb specific bugs, crashes, etc.

The beta is available here: http://www.andchat.net/beta

Screenshot (Full batch available here: http://www.andchat.net/beta/honeycomb)

hc1.png

Reactions: Kovaelin and Lypsis

je2345

Mar 2, 2009
Holland
so far so good with this beta. Used it for about 45min with no issues. would like to see copy/paste embedded. Although when tryin to dl a file it wouldn't connect to receive it via dcc send.

cwizardtx

May 22, 2009
Houston
Installed on my Xoom. Works well, would like to be able to see the list of people in the channel on the right hand side when in landscape mode instead of in its own window. Will live without that feature :) Will report any specific bugs that I can see, none so far.

bigrushdog

Inactive Recognized Developer
Apr 23, 2007
My initial impression was it's beautiful. Will use for a while and report back. Great job

zer0day

Oct 29, 2007
so far so good with this beta. Used it for about 45min with no issues. would like to see copy/paste embedded. Although when tryin to dl a file it wouldn't connect to receive it via dcc send.

The view used to display the text (TextView) doesn't support c&p which is a huge shame. DCC support isn't implemented AndChat.

Installed on my Xoom. Works well, would like to be able to see the list of people in the channel on the right hand side when in landscape mode instead of in its own window. Will live without that feature :) Will report any specific bugs that I can see, none so far.

Aye, userlist on the side is something I plan to add. I need to get my head around Fragments API first :confused:

My initial impression was it's beautiful. Will use for a while and report back. Great job

I will test, I use it on my fascinate.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

Thanks for testing and the feedback so far. The 1 apk is for phone & tablet so if you install it on your phone and notice anything funky, let me know.

wizayne

Dec 23, 2010
I will put it to good use..i normally use androirc but I would love to help out. Will post any issues

Sent from my Xoom using XDA Premium App

cwizardtx

May 22, 2009
Houston
I downloaded the android SDK a while back so I updated it and started looking into the new API and stuff. The framework you are talking about to put the people list on the side doesn't sound too scary :)

Waiting for some books to hit the shelves before I start tinkering around :)

zer0day

Oct 29, 2007
I've published the first version with support of Android 3.0. Available on the Market and AndChat website.

The framework you are talking about to put the people list on the side doesn't sound too scary

I've had a look at some example code and you're right, it isn't too bad. I will work to make it even more compatible with Honeycomb in the future.

ogar1978

Jul 7, 2008
Been using for a few days and has been working flawlessly. I would like to see an option to have users in the channel on the right side like PC programs. there is enough screen width to do this without sacrificing the chat.

Also it might be me but I could not find a way to auto login to a channel.

zer0day

Oct 29, 2007
Been using for a few days and has been working flawlessly. I would like to see an option to have users in the channel on the right side like PC programs. there is enough screen width to do this without sacrificing the chat.

Oh, I definitely plan on adding that. Here is a screenshot of the progress so far:

userlist.png

It's very buggy and crashy in its current state, developing on the slow emulator is a huge pain :eek:

Also it might be me but I could not find a way to auto login to a channel.
Add the channel names to autojoin channels part of the add/edit screen.

mutiny

Aug 13, 2007
NYC
I'm new to AndChat and it's quickly becoming my favorite IRC client. How does one auto-join multiple channels on that one-liner? Do we separate by commas or just space? I currently use the auto execute line and add /join for each channel.

Top Liked Posts