(App) Transparent Market 2.3.4

Search This thread

deciple

Sep 22, 2010
Salem
Transparent Market 2.3.4

Adb push to /system/app/Vending.apk
Make sure you delete the com.android.vending-1.apk in /data/app/com.android.vending-1.apk
You can also flash this if you put it in a flashable zip compatable with your clockwork; just take a zip folder you previously downloaded and delete the app or apps that are in the app folder of the zip and copy the Vending. apk to it and flash.

Here's a link to a buddy o' mine's thread, that has Black transparent facebook, gingerbread keyboards, and such.
The name's Fernando, all his stuff is compatable with the epic you just can't use his flash script, but you can have your own made, or do like I say in post #13
[UPDATE 3/5/11) 2.3.4.1transparent Gmail markets_transparent facebook_ more

Attachments

• Market.jpg
    Market.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 3,035
Last edited:

timberwolf671

Jun 11, 2009
Works for the ACS Full or Standard Rom. Download and copy the file to the zip folder under /system/app. Copy to SDcard and install, will replace the apk already in the rom.

Reactions: tensiga

musclehead84

Nov 3, 2010
Falling Waters, WV
Awesome!! The market looks so cool. Please fix the link for gmail apk. I can't wait to see that one too. Thank you so much for these

Sent From My Evo Killer!

decalex

Apr 21, 2009
Boston, MA
Less Transparent, Inverted Gmail.apk

Hey Deciple -- I've been using a slightly less transparent version of the new Gmail and wanted to share. It makes visibility a little bit easier in the mail screen:

Installation is the same as above: goes in system/app/Gmail.apk

I'm pretty sure the opaqueness (or opacity) in this apk is controlled by a transparentish png.

But here's some screencaps of the Gmail apk you posted versus this more opaque version (on my setup).
Credit goes to the folks at Inversion Conversion on Droidforums, not me. :)

device2.png
device.png

I think we should have a Transparent/Inverted apps section too, cuz they look soo much better than the stock.

Attachments

• Gmail.apk
    1.7 MB · Views: 925

lilmikeyv

Jul 10, 2010
Is there any way to do this with root explorer? Or any chance someone could put these in a zip or a little more instruction of what the op was talking about...adding to a previously flashed zip? Sorry to be such a noob, but I deleted both and can't figure out how to get them back:(

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA App

decalex

Apr 21, 2009
Boston, MA
Is there any way to do this with root explorer? Or any chance someone could put these in a zip or a little more instruction of what the op was talking about...adding to a previously flashed zip? Sorry to be such a noob, but I deleted both and can't figure out how to get them back:(

Ya - you can do it with Root Explorer.
With the Gmail.apk: download it, save to sdcard.
Open Root Explorer, navigate to sdcard

Long-click Gmail.apk, Copy.
back out to root folder, go to system, then app
(this is what I do.. just to create a backup)
Find existing Gmail.apk, rename to Gmail.bak

Paste the new Gmail.apk in that folder.
Find it, Long click, select Permissions
Under "Read" Check all 3, under "Write", Check ONLY user, under "Execute" uncheck all of them.
4 boxes checked, total. So it reads: rw-r--r--

Then exit, reboot if you want, and you should be set.

Last edited:

lilmikeyv

Jul 10, 2010

Under "Read" Check all 3, under "Write", Check ONLY user, under "Execute" uncheck all of them.

Thank you, thank you, thank you...now I see why u guys who help us out always preach BACKUP:)...seriously, thanks for the help!

decalex

Apr 21, 2009
Boston, MA
Thank you, thank you, thank you...now I see why u guys who help us out always preach BACKUP:)...seriously, thanks for the help!

no prob. ha - ya, I've learned the hard way plenty :)
Once all is running fine, you can move that Gmail.bak over somewhere to your sdcard to reduce space taken up in your /system/app folder.

deciple

Sep 22, 2010
Salem
Hey Deciple -- I've been using a slightly less transparent version of the new Gmail and wanted to share. It makes visibility a little bit easier in the mail screen:

I'm pretty sure the opaqueness (or opacity) in this apk is controlled by a transparentish png.

But here's some screencaps of the Gmail apk you posted versus this more opaque version (on my setup).

device2.png
device.png

I think we should have a Transparent/Inverted apps section too, cuz they look soo much better than the stock.
Hey yeah that looks good man, I personally like the clear glass look, and I use a dark wallpaper too so I have no problem seeing my messages, however you do propose a valid suggestion and I agree that we should have a transparent /Inverted thread.
I can throw some inverts on here .

deciple

Sep 22, 2010
Salem

Ok.........What you do is , If you ever downloaded a flashable zip, that has a market in it or any other app for that matter,that you know is compatable with your version of clockwork, then you open it up with 7zip, then you should see a folder called meta-inf and system. Open the system folder and there should be another folder in there called app. Open that one and delete whatever's in there (after you've presumably copied and saved the entire zip If you want to keep what's inside)and replace it with the app or app's you want to flash.

Reactions: Sean Hicks

JustJAck1235

Nov 27, 2010
Awesome Market...... But i have 3 small issues :) LOL If i knew how to fix them i so would. So i hope you can help :-D

Could u Captalize the "M" in the first pic and change the text to white?
The seccond pic has a weird blue bar
and the third is the comment area~

Again Thank you for all your hard work!

Attachments

• snap20110307_110747.jpg
    snap20110307_110747.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 384
  • snap20110307_110741.jpg
    snap20110307_110741.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 363
  • snap20110307_110736.jpg
    snap20110307_110736.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 360

formula84

Aug 17, 2007
Philadelphia - HTC One (m7)
Awesome Market...... But i have 3 small issues :) LOL If i knew how to fix them i so would. So i hope you can help :-D

Could u Captalize the "M" in the first pic and change the text to white?
The seccond pic has a weird blue bar
and the third is the comment area~

Again Thank you for all your hard work!

1. +1 I have no green in anything on my phone, white would be great.
2. -1 this is cool its to show you that there is more in the description, fade effect.
3. -1 I think the comment area when you more should be white BG so its easier to read and rarely used.

@Deciple I was wondering if You could make a gmail version same as you have it (Transparent) but make the text another color than green (not a fan of green), Maybe White main text and blue "from" text, just like in the stock Samsung email app.

theshop

Feb 14, 2011
Managed it problem solved :)

HELP!!! After i deleted com.android.vending.apk in /data/app/com.android.vending.apk no more market at all. Tryed to flash it and still nothing please help

Last edited:

devrruti

Jan 23, 2011
Is it possible to use these apk in a mdpi 320x480 device like htc magic/mytouch 3g?

Last edited:

IharpI

Dec 15, 2010
xdaforums.com
HELP!!! After i deleted com.android.vending.apk in /data/app/com.android.vending.apk no more market at all. Tryed to flash it and still nothing please help

Same Problem here!

Had to restore my recovery.

Tried a lot of different things. Like ad push, adb install.

Vendig apk was under /system/app, but wont show up as runnable app.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Transparent Market 2.3.4

Adb push to /system/app/Vending.apk
    Make sure you delete the com.android.vending-1.apk in /data/app/com.android.vending-1.apk
    You can also flash this if you put it in a flashable zip compatable with your clockwork; just take a zip folder you previously downloaded and delete the app or apps that are in the app folder of the zip and copy the Vending. apk to it and flash.

Here's a link to a buddy o' mine's thread, that has Black transparent facebook, gingerbread keyboards, and such.
    The name's Fernando, all his stuff is compatable with the epic you just can't use his flash script, but you can have your own made, or do like I say in post #13
    [UPDATE 3/5/11) 2.3.4.1transparent Gmail markets_transparent facebook_ more
    Less Transparent, Inverted Gmail.apk

device2.png
    device.png

Transparent gmail 2.3.4.1

Gmail.apk
    Install like the market in the first post

Works for the ACS Full or Standard Rom. Download and copy the file to the zip folder under /system/app. Copy to SDcard and install, will replace the apk already in the rom.